It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaks from Comrade Trump's Administration Makes it Look Like it's Camp Snoopy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: spiritualzombie

It was all reported based on the AP. One source, not many. It was immediately proven false.

Are you saying the AP isn't reputable? That's huge. Clearly its true. There's just too many stories here to ignore... and I've read these stories across many many sources. There's no way its all false.

Lol... It's not like Trump behaves calm in public and these stories come out of nowhere. These headlines come out every day from all major news media and we see the signs from Trump every time he opens his mouth.

The President has mental issues. He has problems and needs help.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Haven't you learned how the press operates yet?

They don't bother to independently verify anything anymore. Actually doing their own legwork is so passe.

What they do is give each other a pass. If one outlet reports a thing, the others pretty much assume it must be true and verified.

Did you not pay attention to how CNN and BuzzFeed worked each other to release the so-called Top Secret blackmail dossier?

CNN mentioned there was a damaging blackmail rumor circulating that had been included in a briefing. Of course, this was an opposition research dossier that had been circulating in DC since the primary. The reason no one had bothered with it before was that if was unverifiable. But since it was in a briefing, CNN mentioned it. Since CNN mentioned it, BuzzFeed then felt free to splash the whole thing in print even though no one had ever been able to corroborate any of it.

BuzzFeed is sort of like the Enquirer, but since they had printed it, CNN then felt free to start discussing what those rumors actually were and the whole "scandal" was born out of whole cloth off of a document none of the political opponents of Trump felt safe running with during the entire primary and then main election!

All the press needs is one source to run with something and they jump all over it as thought that one source has it right. Right now, the press doesn't much care if they get it right or not, so they end up running with unsubstantiated rumor and half truth as often or more often than they run with actual fact.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

There's one story. What are you not understanding. The AP had one source and ran with the story. It turned out to be false. The actual transcript was released. The President of Mexico who has been very critical of Trump said it was fake news. If you think it's true after it's proven by everyone involved to be fake news you are welcome to live in the land of the delusional.

"I know it with absolute certainty, there was no threat,” Peña Nieto spokesman Eduardo Sanchez said in a radio interview. “The things that have been said are nonsense and a downright lie."

www.latimes.com...

If the LA Times is saying it then you can bet it's true as they hate Trump.

Trump offered military to support to wipe out the cartels.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's been reported by all the major news media based on reputable source. You're lying when you say its been proven to be fake. How has it been proven? Have you never known an arguing couple to deny their argument? The mexican president's statement is proof of nothing. It probably happened and he's now denying the exchange-- most likely because that's whats best for him and his country.

I think you need to understand what constitutes proof. A person's denial is not proof. LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

It's been reported by all the major news media based on reputable source. You're lying when you say its been proven to be fake. How has it been proven? Have you never known an arguing couple to deny their argument? The mexican president's statement is proof of nothing. It probably happened and he's now denying the exchange-- most likely because that's whats best for him and his country.

I think you need to understand what constitutes proof. A person's denial is not proof. LOL

What reputable source? What major outlets?

You mean CNN who flat out said the AP was WRONG?

According to an excerpt of the transcript of the call with Peña Nieto provided to CNN, Trump said, "You have some pretty tough hombres in Mexico that you may need help with. We are willing to help with that big-league, but they have be knocked out and you have not done a good job knocking them out."
Trump made an offer to help Peña Nieto with the drug cartels.
The excerpt of the transcript obtained by CNN differs with an official internal readout of the call that wrongly suggested Trump was contemplating sending troops to the border in a hostile way.

Or maybe the Washington Post who REMOVED THE STORY COMPLETELY.

Editor’s note: This article has been updated and a reference to an AP report on the details of a phone conversation between President Trump and Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto removed because they could not be independently confirmed.

www.washingtonpost.com... 0c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpaustralia-815pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.428c318a9f32

The AP had ONE source, which is proven wrong. Every outlet ran a story based on the AP. There are no multiple stories, there is no verification. ONE outlet, the AP, was wrong, and everyone was quick to jump on the bandwagon.

Mexico immediately came out and said it was fake news. The same Mexico who has been very critical of Trump.

It's actually sad you believe the report with literally zero evidence.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

LOL... its sad that you think a person's denial of an event qualifies as proof it didnt happen. I'm sure there's been a lot of people accused of crimes who would have loved for you to be the judge. Lol

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You claim these news outlets are reputable. They have RETRACTED the story. Kind of leaves you looking foolish, when you say they need to be believed so you believe them when they say it happened ... but then you refuse to believe the when they make a correction saying they were wrong.

So which is it .. they should be believed, or not?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Actually no one's retracted anything. They're just saying despite Trump suggesting to send troops into Mexico he wasn't threatening war. They're just walking back the argument instead of intensifying it, which is the right course of action-- but no one has proved the transcript the AP cited was false.

Lol well except for you who apparently thinks a denial is all it takes. Lol i notice you have no way to back that up because its totally absurd.

By that rationale, Bill Clinton proved himself innocent the moment he said he had no relations with Monica. Lol. He denied it. Proof!

You're offering essentially the same rationale.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Actually no one's retracted anything. They're just saying despite Trump suggesting to send troops into Mexico he wasn't threatening war.

Are you sure about that?
Google is your friend, why don't you go find some proof Trump threatened to send troops to Mexico.
Both sides are denying any threat was made to send in troops.
Why do you think that is?
Cuz the initial story was BS maybe?
edit on 5-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I got a private message that says that spiritualzombie is planning to nuke the Super Bowl tonight. This is true and I am going to run with it in a news story. Then every major media outlet picks it up.

You can deny it all you want, but since I have a source and that source is reputable, it doesn't matter how often you deny or anyone who knows you denies it, it's true because my anonymous, reputable source told me it was so and every other press outlet carried my story.

Sorry, but who cares what the truth is. You are nuking the Super Bowl now.

That is basically your world view.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ah but I deny it, thus proving my innocence. LOL

The difference is you're a nobody on ATS. Get the AP to report it and then you got yourself some credibility.

edit on 5-2-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Actually no one's retracted anything. They're just saying despite Trump suggesting to send troops into Mexico he wasn't threatening war.

Are you sure about that?
Google is your friend, why don't you go find some proof Trump threatened to send troops to Mexico.
Both sides are denying any threat was made to send in troops.
Why do you think that is?
Cuz the initial story was BS maybe?

Wow really compelling proof you offer. Google. Amazing. I found proof on Youtube that Bill Clinton was innocent! He clearly says he did not have relations with that woman. And I also found proof of Bigfoot on youtube also. Google it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
All signs point to the exchange between Trump and Mexican president happened. They both rather deny it and so it sits. If you guys really want to support that decision, out of respect, you should probably stop talking about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Ah but I deny it, thus proving my innocence. LOL

The difference is you're a nobody on ATS. Get the AP to report it and then you got yourself some credibility.

You missed the part where I said -- all the major press outlets pick up the story.

That is what happens. It happens all the time, and no one bothers to pay attention. "Nobody" blog runs with something and big press outlet A picks it up and goes with it as thought it were true. Then everyone else does too, and by the time the dust settles, no one really knows exactly for sure where it all come from because everyone cites everyone else.

No one knows for sure if anyone verified it, but it doesn't matter. As far as most people in the public sphere are concerned, the press reported it; therefore, it is true because they don't lie ... do they?

Ergo, you are nuking the Super Bowl.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Unfortunately for you, you don't have any links to major media sources to backup your claim... Whereas....

President Trump Warns Mexico He Might Send U.S. Troops to Take Care of 'Bad Hombres'
time.com...

AP: Trump Threatened to Send U.S. Troops to Mexico in Call with Peña Nieto
www.democracynow.org...

A quick roundup of US allies the Trump administration has already attacked
www.cnbc.com...

In a phone call with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto on Jan. 27, Trump threatened to send U.S. troops into Mexico, accusing the Mexican president of not doing enough to stop "a bunch of bad hombres down there."

"I think your military is scared," Trump said, The Associated Press reported this week, saying it had obtained a partial transcript of the conversation. "Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

AND THIS CONFIRMATION FROM THE WHITE HOUSE:

hosted.ap.org...

The White House said Thursday that the remarks, in an excerpt obtained by The Associated Press from a transcript of the hourlong conversation, were "part of a discussion about how the United States and Mexico could work collaboratively to combat drug cartels and other criminal elements, and make the border more secure."

The only thing being denied is the threat of war.

We've all witnessed Trump's tendency to insult and threaten. The only thing surprising about this are the denials that it happened.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Where's the transcript itself?
Until that is disclosed, alls we have is a he said she said.
I don't much care how he handled the phone call.
I care about the results.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Oh, please!

I know you are smarter than that, so now you are just being obtuse on purpose because you want to believe what you want to believe.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
Where's the transcript itself?
Until that is disclosed, alls we have is a he said she said.

Hey man its a safe space. You can deny ALL the major news networks you need to. Go ahead and get yourself some playdoh and tell yourself whatever you like, like Trump would never start a fight with the mexican President.. it's just not in his character... LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I think I'll stick with the transcript reported by the AP and confirmed by the White House...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I think I'll stick with the transcript reported by the AP and confirmed by the White House...

Again, I don't much care. If the transcripts were shown and proved to be accurate so be it.
Mexico could work towards cleaning up it's act, the cartels run the place.
Our neighbor to the South could use reminder that their actions may have consequences.
They just were served a reminder of this perhaps.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join