It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Legacy as the Apologizer and Chief is worse than we thought

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
a reply to: chr0naut

You keep believing liberal propoganda, that's "what gives".

www.tampabay.com... ess/punditfact-donald-trumps-campaign-hats-are-made-in-usa-not-china/2250071

www.latimes.com... li-fame-carson-20151124-story.html

thehill.com... trump-campaign-store-hawks-make-america-great-again-caps

Links don't seem to be working, easy enough to Google though.

Perhaps all three links aren't working because the published articles have been retracted?

Even the Trump website makes a veiled reference to the fact that many of the caps were not made in America.

This is getting silly.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

No I just read them, if you googled them you could read them too. I just posted them wrong, that's all. Trump's official hats are made in America, it's just a fact.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

No I just read them, if you googled them you could read them too. I just posted them wrong, that's all. Trump's official hats are made in America, it's just a fact.

OK, the official hats are only available from the Trump website (as it says on the website) so all the other hats bought anywhere other than the website were/are therefore not 'official'.

The issue isn't really about caps. The issue is that American companies have off-shored production to cheaper countries like China for decades, closing the American production plants along the way. If you cut trade to China, the short term result will be shortages within the US of just about everything.

It takes no time to elect a politician and enact trade sanctions. It takes significant time to re-establish production. In the interim, prepare to watch your standard of living take a dive.

Even participating in all sorts of wars to distract the public from the truth (a standard American political tactic) won't fix that.

edit on 3/2/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
We finally get a real President in there who is not afraid to have "tough talk" with both are allies and enemies and what do are Senators do? "Apologize" on behalf of the President when there is nothing to apologizes for.

www.bustle.com...

Certainly it makes sense to apologize for straining the relation with Australia; after all, Australia has been a U.S. ally for decades, so staying on good terms is a consistent and beneficial move.

1 phone call and the relationship is "Strained" please.

But when it comes to the actual issue of refugee resettlement, shouldn't we be apologizing to the people seeking asylum, rather than the other country that refuses to house them?

Nothing to apologize for. Maybe instead of running away like Cowards they should fight for there rights in "THEIR" HOMELAND.

Hmmm......Refugees, think how bad it must get in your community, town, street until you have to send your wife and kids to a camp, then across the world and hopefully get excepted to the good ole' US of A.

Americans defeated the British Empire the world's sole superpower to earn are rights that we all enjoy today.

I suggest doing some deep research. American's didn't defeat the British Empire. Attrition, wars with the French in the America's and the Hemp wars with Russia. Their reach became too large. Sounds familiar?

Your entire Constitution is based on French philosophical politics.

McCain please do the world a favor and don't apologize on behalf of America. After all you should be the one apologizing to the American people for losing to Obama. Don't be mad at Trump a guy who came out of nowhere and beat Clinton, Obama, and Bush.

Arm chair hero.

Please share with us, the ATS members, about the time you served your country and were tortured.

Support your Vets much?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Tsubaki

We need a tough leader.

Pity you got Trump then!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
a reply to: Stevemagegod

If you don't see the need for the POTUS to demonstrate tactfulness then I don't know what to tell ya.

Gee, ya think the world is run by snowflakes like obama and mcCain?

Whatever happened to frank, open and honest discussions to come to a swift conclusion to problems?

lol, "I don't like your tone!"

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

OK, the official hats are only available from the Trump website (as it says on the website) so all the other hats bought anywhere other than the website were/are therefore not 'official'.

The issue isn't really about caps. The issue is that American companies have off-shored production to cheaper countries like China for decades, closing the American production plants along the way. If you cut trade to China, the short term result will be shortages within the US of just about everything.

It takes no time to elect a politician and enact trade sanctions. It takes significant time to re-establish production. In the interim, prepare to watch your standard of living take a dive.

Even participating in all sorts of wars to distract the public from the truth (a standard American political tactic) won't fix that.

Yeah, that would suck.

I hope someone can figure out how to make toys and ciggy lighters!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It doesn't make sense to me. If the refugees are tolerant, bring a good culture, bring a peaceful religion, and expand the labor force to benefit the national economy, what's the problem? Why wouldn't Australia want to keep them?

Trump is just doing what he can to help our great friend, Australia. He cares for them and is doing this for their benefit.
edit on 2/3/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think you are missing the word "statesmanship."

So far, Trump won't be going down using this word.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
How is being old and grumpy on the phone while talking to other world leaders make anything better ?
Do you really believe that threats and insults will solve anything?
Fortunately everyone around the globe knows what joke Donny is so diplomatic relations won't suffer from it.
What a loon

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

You can find any product still made in the US just expect to pay more. Larger companies send there work overseas smaller ones produce there product here from jeans to shirts to electronics. And if there is a market to make money you will be surprised how quickly a void would be filled. so your points are irrelevant. What isnt is the effect it will have on the poor who will have to pay more for food and clothes. But it will also be offset with the money staying in the US economy which means more jobs so im not sure in the end which way that would fall.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: seasonal

I think you are missing the word "statesmanship."

So far, Trump won't be going down using this word.

I agree Trump isnt a statesman and i have a feeling thats why yu will see the US drop out of world affairs.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You can find any product still made in the US just expect to pay more. Larger companies send there work overseas smaller ones produce there product here from jeans to shirts to electronics. And if there is a market to make money you will be surprised how quickly a void would be filled. so your points are irrelevant. What isnt is the effect it will have on the poor who will have to pay more for food and clothes. But it will also be offset with the money staying in the US economy which means more jobs so im not sure in the end which way that would fall.

The first line from this, makes an interesting point.

The U.S can make anything, sell to its domestic consumers, but it will cost more.

What percentage of the current U.S population will be able to afford paying more?

What about the low earners, how do they grow your economy when their buying power is shrunk?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: butcherguy
Could someone tell me why Australia is eager to rid themselves of these fine refugees?

Fine?

Refugee?

I'm not making the connection here.

I am hearing many times that these are good people fleeing a war-torn homeland.
They are already in Australia.
Why does Australia want to ship them to the US?

Canadas Trudeau wants them. Ship them all there

Great, then we will have to build another wall up there.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

We'll make them pay for it

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
We finally get a real President in there who is not afraid to have "tough talk" with both are allies and enemies and what do are Senators do? "Apologize" on behalf of the President when there is nothing to apologizes for.

www.bustle.com...

Certainly it makes sense to apologize for straining the relation with Australia; after all, Australia has been a U.S. ally for decades, so staying on good terms is a consistent and beneficial move.

1 phone call and the relationship is "Strained" please.

But when it comes to the actual issue of refugee resettlement, shouldn't we be apologizing to the people seeking asylum, rather than the other country that refuses to house them?

Nothing to apologize for. Maybe instead of running away like Cowards they should fight for there rights in "THEIR" HOMELAND.

Hmmm......Refugees, think how bad it must get in your community, town, street until you have to send your wife and kids to a camp, then across the world and hopefully get excepted to the good ole' US of A.

Americans defeated the British Empire the world's sole superpower to earn are rights that we all enjoy today.

I suggest doing some deep research. American's didn't defeat the British Empire. Attrition, wars with the French in the America's and the Hemp wars with Russia. Their reach became too large. Sounds familiar?

Your entire Constitution is based on French philosophical politics.

McCain please do the world a favor and don't apologize on behalf of America. After all you should be the one apologizing to the American people for losing to Obama. Don't be mad at Trump a guy who came out of nowhere and beat Clinton, Obama, and Bush.

Arm chair hero.

Please share with us, the ATS members, about the time you served your country and were tortured.

Support your Vets much?

There are other ways to serve your country other than being in the Military. I've taken Multiple Civil Service Exams the most recent one being the Police Exam just waiting on the results. I also tried becoming a Volunteer Firefighter but couldn't due to poor Lung Capacity. I also had the opportunity to serve on a Jury Summons and actually wanted to serve. However I knew the Judge from him being one of my College Professors so I couldn't serve because of Conflict of Interest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join