It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Legacy as the Apologizer and Chief is worse than we thought

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
We finally get a real President in there who is not afraid to have "tough talk" with both are allies and enemies and what do are Senators do? "Apologize" on behalf of the President when there is nothing to apologizes for.

www.bustle.com...

Certainly it makes sense to apologize for straining the relation with Australia; after all, Australia has been a U.S. ally for decades, so staying on good terms is a consistent and beneficial move.

1 phone call and the relationship is "Strained" please.

But when it comes to the actual issue of refugee resettlement, shouldn't we be apologizing to the people seeking asylum, rather than the other country that refuses to house them?

Nothing to apologize for. Maybe instead of running away like Cowards they should fight for there rights in "THEIR" HOMELAND. Americans defeated the British Empire the world's sole superpower to earn are rights that we all enjoy today.

McCain please do the world a favor and don't apologize on behalf of America. After all you should be the one apologizing to the American people for losing to Obama. Don't be mad at Trump a guy who came out of nowhere and beat Clinton, Obama, and Bush.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

If you don't see the need for the POTUS to demonstrate tactfulness then I don't know what to tell ya.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

If you don't see the need for the POTUS to demonstrate tactfulness then I don't know what to tell ya.

Tact is good. Robotic kowtowing to the leaders of other nations is retarded.

Trump was human before becoming President. Don't tell me you've never cussed an ozzie. I have. Then he cussed me worse than I had ever heard, but I didn't know because I had to ask because I didn't understand any of it. Then we threw some shrimp on the Bar-b.

Maybe that's what happened to Obama. Maybe he agreed to something completely different on accident - thought we were gonna get some kangaroos instead.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

We need a tough leader. The world is a real messed up place, thanks to Bush and mainly Obama.

Obama could not lead, he is a ditherer and was NOT ready to be POTUS. He was not vetted properly too.

Trump will gain the trust and respect of leaders around the world. This is no beauty contest (thankfully). And he doesn't want to make friends, he wants to make America Great again.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

Nothing to apologize for. Maybe instead of running away like Cowards they should fight for there rights in "THEIR" HOMELAND. Americans defeated the British Empire the world's sole superpower to earn are rights that we all enjoy today.

Well it might not be so bad if we weren't going over there selling weapons, taking out leaders, creating power vacuums, destabilizing governments, wrecking infrastructure and starting wars based on bad intel. So when people try to escape all that we then throw up our hands and say we want nothing to do with them. Because that's not going to cause more people to hate us now is it???

Some estimates say we've killed 450,000 people in the middle east. How many do you think were actual terrorists and how many were just people living their lives???

You think that may have some effect on peoples opinions of us???

We sure want their help when we're waging a war over on their land but when anyone wants to get out of the war zone we started we say "You're not coming over here." Not a real good way of making allies ya know.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Could someone tell me why Australia is eager to rid themselves of these fine refugees?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

McCain please do the world a favor and don't apologize on behalf of America. After all you should be the one apologizing to the American people for losing to Obama. Don't be mad at Trump a guy who came out of nowhere and beat Clinton, Obama, and Bush.

McCain and Lindsay Graham are a joke. They voted for Clinton and now they take any chance they can to undermine the Republican party.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Could someone tell me why Australia is eager to rid themselves of these fine refugees?

Fine?

Refugee?

I'm not making the connection here.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

McCain and Lindsay Graham are a joke. They voted for Clinton and now they take any chance they can to undermine the Republican party.

There are a few more like Rubio and Ryan who need to be scrutinized as to their oath to their country or their willingness to sell it out too!

link   
McCain running controlled opposition to fake out the triggerables.

In the meantime ..........

link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: butcherguy

Fine?

Refugee?

I'm not making the connection here.

I am hearing many times that these are good people fleeing a war-torn homeland.
They are already in Australia.
Why does Australia want to ship them to the US?
edit on b000000282017-02-02T19:55:31-06:0007America/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2017 19:55:31 -0600700000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And who cares what Australia thinks. We should not take the refugees if they don't meet the soon to be introduced vetting system.

With all due respect screw'em.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Right

now we have a cheeto in the oval office, bragging to other world leaders about his inauguration crowd sizes and Electoral college win margin.

Tellin it like it is!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MakeAmericaSaneAgain

Who are you addressing

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I agree and disagree.

I don't think advocating violence is a good option, but I think Israel has been getting f'd for a long time.

That said, if another leader can't handle a disappointing phone call that's a reflection on them, not Trump. It was a dumb deal, Australia got the better end of things. The call shouldn't have been a surprise given the way Trump had been acting so far (on behalf of what his voters want btw).
edit on 2-2-2017 by swedy13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think being blunt and truthful with an ally is a sign of respect, and demonstrates trust.it means we think of them as family, you don`t need to be politically correct with family.

if allies can`t tell each other how they really feel then maybe they shouldn't be allies.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MakeAmericaSaneAgain
now we have a cheeto in the oval office

Do you honestly think that your childish name calling is going to convince people to come over to your side? I highly doubt that a centrist independent is going to be convinced by your argument when you start it out calling the President a "cheeto".

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I think being blunt and truthful with an ally is a sign of respect, and demonstrates trust.it means we think of them as family, you don`t need to be politically correct with family.

if allies can`t tell each other how they really feel then maybe they shouldn't be allies.

You nailed it!

That's the problem with PC! Never know if someone is telling you the truth or massaging your ego to get their way! Words are words and I can distinguish from those who are brainwashed from those who still have the ability to critically think and use their brain just by the words that come out their mouths!

PC and SJW movement is on it's way OUT!
edit on 2-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Its not really about the refugees .They are stuck in the middle of a political ideologically confusion . The old left/right narratives no longer applies . Trump is not just a new kind of guy to the scene , he is the guy .Both left/right are out dangling and not knowing how to respond to him . The same thing is going on inside the US . Every move his opposition makes ,goes contrary to their own survival . They are like deer in the head lights ,not knowing which way to go but afraid to go towards the light. its that old darned if you do and darned if you don't .

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

An isolationist president will cause an America that either survives or falls on its own.

No allies = no lifelines.

Watch the markets. America could slide from the third most significant economy in the world (despite the propoganda, it doesn't have first place) to insignificant in days.

The brinkmanship of a president who has threatened war with Mexico and China, and is trying to bully its traditional allies, removing trade protections, could go horribly wrong.

It is risky and wins very little, if anything, for America.

Remember that the caps tha said "Trump: Make America Great Again" were made in China.

An isolated America is an overpriced, uncompetetive trade weakling. No-one wants your stuff just because it was made there.

edit on 2/2/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join