It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On behalf of my ideological beliefs. . . . . I apologize.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ummm...way to...play it forward...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BestinShow

Hey, you don't know. He might have farted in the kitchen again, and he might just be light-headed.

Maybe his penchant for flatulence in the cooking area is what he's REALLY apologizing for.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think we can all tell the difference between violent protests / MSM insanity and the everyday person we meet at the grocery store. One group is civil, the other is not, even if both profess to hold similar viewpoints.

Right now it seems like the big fight is speaking out against violence and those who condone/rationalize it for the sake of posing political objectives. I feel like most people speak with their vote and are otherwise polite and well mannered, but it's probably a good idea to provide some form of vocal or even visible rejection of the extremists.

That said, I don't know how that would work. I still don't see major news channels covering opposing viewpoints, which makes it hard to get the word out.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm humbled...and...,frankly, just a bit choked up with emotion, here.

Thank you, DB...for showing us all a kinder, gentler...softer side of Nudist-Cannibal-Fascism.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Mirror mirror, on the wall..

Well played cowboy, well played...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 2-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Looking for course in alt-Alinsky tactics.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You should leave the sarcasm alone until you get your ASS card

A....American

S....Sarcasm

S....Society

The board will review you portfolio and make a determination on the 23rd.
edit on 2-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't apologize a bit and there's no reason for you to either. I quite recognize that there are blithering idiots on both sides of the ideological divide, including mine, and though they are often embarrassing, that doesn't justify me abandoning my beliefs and frankly, it's not my turn to watch them or make excuses for them. It doesn't matter what I say, the other side will be pointing fingers at them anyway, not realizing they are the other side of the same coin.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Check and mate.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Apology not accepted. The damage you've caused is too great. There are just no words for people like you.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Whether this is a serious post or some kind of inside joke the way you explain your supposed flaws is spot on for both sides of the fence in my opinion and actually speak truly of a lot people whether left or right on the political spectrum.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Apology accepted. Most of us understand different views and at times want to understand why someone feels so differently. You never have to agree but I wish everyone would at the least look at it from some other point of view.....This does not have to convince you but if you understand why opposition feels the way they do that is the only way to grow and fix or deal with those outlooks.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Jumping ahead of all this. Very Clever DB. Doubt your bait will be taken by the intended.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

he`s saying that when liberals riot in the name of unity and tolerance that all liberals are given a bad reputation because they all claim to be working for unity and tolerance.

There is something wrong with the way you are projecting your goals of unity and tolerance if even one of your supporters feels that it Is ok to riot in the name of unity and tolerance.
something, either said or unsaid has given the rioters the impression that it is ok to riot in the name of unity and tolerance.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Ayn Rand rejected the apologist who covered for the mistakes of the idiots.

aynrandlexicon.com...

¶ It is understandable that men might seek to hide their vices from the eyes of people whose judgement they respect. But there are men who hide their virtues from the eyes of monsters. There are men who apologize for their own achievements, deride their own values, debase their own character—for the sake of pleasing those they know to be stupid, corrupt, malicious, evil.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There's good and bad in all ideologies. You just have to be honest with yourself and condemn those terrible things you don't agree with. Not all Conservative and Liberal issues and policies are correct. It's a fool who doesn't question a map that directs him to continue walking off a cliff. It's constructive and beneficial to always question something your heart doesn't agree with. It only helps create a better world.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Check and mate.

I believe, you and one or maybe two others actually picked up what he was saying in his thread. Funny thing, some of them (posters who this OP went clearly over their collective heads) are giving him sincere advice - even telling him he shouldn't apologize. Very well played indeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Yes, I see it both ways... really serious... or with tongue in cheek as another way of getting points across. So... Wonderful sentiment. But you have no reason at all to apologize. Not for what you've said, done, implied, posted nor replied. You are human... and none of us are infallible for mistakes, misquotes, misinterpretations nor misunderstandings.

But your post makes it clear (though really unnecessary) that you felt it was something bothering you (that for sure indicates you're sincere, attentive to detail, and felt something needed to be said...)...

So you are human. And if we all were the same, felt the same, believed in and practiced the same beliefs and lifestyles... It would be a pretty boring world. You should stay pretty much the same. It makes one unique...

But, never give up, never give in, always speak your mind, always keep learning even a little each day... and pass on what you can to help all to become a bit better... and make our world a better place for us all.

Your thread did exactly that. But, apologizing was unnecessary. Stay true to yourself always... As you've done here. We all need the individual uniqueness of mankind. And I'll always wonder if the rest of our readers "get it"?

Peace, Brother... Always...... MS/in the Big "D"
edit on 2-2-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
How lovely and mature of you DBC!
Just remember those immortal words of a long gone leader, "when they go low we go high". And the ever peaceful "Love Trumps Hate".
~The inclusive tolerant group

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join