It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When say you Muslims which group do you mean? Wahhabi, Sunni, or Shia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Islam reform???? Honestly what are you injecting?

I would advise you stop whatever you are doing and think about what you just said.

Islam does not reform, it conquers, takes over, demolishes and murders any who will not conform to their will....

If I am WRONG please provide proof... but be aware I will counter anything you find 100 fold

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I may do that one day. I’m writing a book based on an essay I published called The Science Of Sufism

For now, these two books are great for anyone who wants information on Sufism:

books.google.com...

Here is one of the greatest modern books on Sufism

www.amazon.com...

Sufis generally don't believe in proselytizing. We can be assured though that there are many Sufis who are fighting the dark and negative, sectarian philosophy of Wahhabism secretly and openly

One has to use, as the Buddhists teach and Sufis ascribe to---skillful means in fighting evil

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dontcallmebob

WRONG! (i just wanted to see your counter arguments, I don't disagree with you)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I mean Mohammed.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Dontcallmebob

Well if you see a previous comment in this thread, there was a discussion about Sufis, and they are the peaceful sect of Islam.

However, because they are small in numbers they are being drowned out by Wahhabis and Iranian Islamists.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

People of ATS when you say Muslims which group do you mean? Wahhabi, Shia or Sunni?

Wahhabi is a branch of Sunni Islam.

Yes, its true that many of todays Islamic radical and terrorist organisations are funded and inspired by Wahhabism.
Saudi Arabia has funded and supported far more terrorism than Iran ever has.

But different denominations of Sunni and Shia have been slaughtering each other for over a thousand years now.

To be honest, I can't see that changing in the foreseeable future....unless of course the emergence of The Mahdi is imminent.....and they can't even agree upon who or what The Mahdi is.

Sure, there are some esoteric and peaceable denominations of Islam, but they are very much in the minority.

a reply to: swedy13

It's true that there's a notable distinction between Catholic and Christian.

Catholics are Christians, just a different denomination.

edit on 2/2/17 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

When you say Christians do you mean Catholics, Baptists, Methodists...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dbarnhart

I mean all Christian sects in this case.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That's my point. If there are good sects of Islam, they should create some district branding so we can tell the difference. Right now I can't, which may be unfair but it's true nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

And what about all the slaughter of the European Christians like as just as recent as WWII.

Name me all these sects that have been slaughtering each other and Ill name ten Christian sects who for thousand of years have been slaughtering not only each other but Native Americans, Africans and many many many many more

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

People of ATS when you say Muslims which group do you mean? Wahhabi, Shia or Sunni?

Wahhabi is a branch of Sunni Islam.

Yes, its true that many of todays Islamic radical and terrorist organisations are funded and inspired by Wahhabism.
Saudi Arabia has funded and supported far more terrorism than Iran ever has.

But different denominations of Sunni and Shia have been slaughtering each other for over a thousand years now.

To be honest, I can't see that changing in the foreseeable future....unless of course the emergence of The Mahdi is imminent.....and they can't even agree upon who or what The Mahdi is.

Sure, there are some esoteric and peaceable denominations of Islam, but they are very much in the minority.

a reply to: swedy13

It's true that there's a notable distinction between Catholic and Christian.

How many mosques have you been to?

How many Muslims do you know?

I know many, Sunnis and Shias and all the ones I've known are peace loving people not raving jihadis

Btw whole nations are Sufic in the Islamic world such as Senagal....

In fact, before the Wahhabis started killing them Sufism in Pakistan was widespread.

Understand that religion in the East has degenerated just as religion in the west has degenerated. No body disputes that.

Also 100 percent practically save a few Iranian Shias Terrorism is Wahhabi based.

Not all Wahhabis are jihadis but their degenerate doctrine is poisonous imo.

Any super sectarian religion( our way or the highway) and Judaism and Christianity is also filled with them, is ignorance, imo.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Read the books. Like, all the books.

A good muslim is one that does not follow their books, namely the Qu'ran and Sunnah. A good Christian is one that does follow the New Testament. And a good Jew admits the Talmud is a fraud and isn't in the same dimension as the Pentateuch or the whole Tanakh.

Read the books.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: Raggedyman

The bible calling for killings?

Exodus 7

7:17 Thus saith the LORD, In this thou shalt know that I am the LORD: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.
7:18 And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river.
7:19 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.
7:20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.
7:21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

Exodus is from the OLD Testanment Thats a Jewish historical book, the laws of Moses, christians are not Jews
It staggers me how ignorant some people are

Old Testament is Judaism, its not the same as the
New Testament, the New Testament is Christianity
how can you be so completely ignorant of those you condemn

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Well, we Christians are fond of the Tanakh, it sheds lots of light.

That being said, the plagues on Egypt are nothing compared to the End of the World.

God is the Lord. He does what is right. We don't. If people can't accept that, which I have a hard time with everyday, then we are in trouble.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Well, we Christians are fond of the Tanakh, it sheds lots of light.

That being said, the plagues on Egypt are nothing compared to the End of the World.

God is the Lord. He does what is right. We don't. If people can't accept that, which I have a hard time with everyday, then we are in trouble.

Yes I am fond of the Old Testament as well, doesnt make me a Jew or subject to Jewish laws does it.
Doesnt give me the right to kill when Jesus taught love and forgiveness
Doesnt mean I can call down plagues or retribution, stone gays, adulterers or whatever the OT calls for.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

And what about all the slaughter of the European Christians like as just as recent as WWII.

So you are comparing the thousand plus year sectarian violence between Sunni and Shia Muslims with WWII?
Could you please explain your reasoning here - religious differences had nothing whatsoever to do with the cause of WWII, unless you can convince me otherwise?

Name me all these sects that have been slaughtering each other and Ill name ten Christian sects who for thousand of years have been slaughtering not only each other but Native Americans, Africans and many many many many more

I've never once said that the Christian religion and some of its adherents have not been responsible for some despicable crimes, please show me where I have.
Only a complete idiot would not acknowledge that there have been some horrendous atrocities carried out in the name of the Christian 'God'.

What I said was that Sunni's and Shia's have been slaughtering each other for over a thousand years now - can you disprove that?
Am I misrepresenting anything?
Do you want me to provide instances of the numerous acts of sectarian killing between them?

How many mosques have you been to?

Two, one twice and another only once.

How many Muslims do you know?

Lots.

Also 100 percent practically save a few Iranian Shias Terrorism is Wahhabi based.
Not all Wahhabis are jihadis but their degenerate doctrine is poisonous imo.

I agree 100%.

I know many, Sunnis and Shias and all the ones I've known are peace loving people not raving jihadis

It's my experience that there are good and bad everywhere in this world, but that can't deflect from the fact the majority of terrorist acts that occur today are carried out by Sunni influenced organisations and individuals or that Sunni - Shia differences are at the heart of the most of the sectarian killing we are witnessing in the Middle East today.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

When you say Christians, do you mean Catholics or Protrstants? Do you mean Baptists or Episcopal. You probably mean all or you would specify the sect. If someone says Muslim, they probably mean all Muslims.

When I say Muslims should be eradicated from our government, I mean every last one of them.

edit on 3-2-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
From my point of view there is a curse of Duality (us vs them doctrine) in the Quran that creates the need for violence for and against the group holding the ideas.

How well/bad those doctrines are affecting that person depend on how well he/she can move beyond the ideas.

Some Sufi are limiting those doctrines greatly but are at the same time cursed to be clumped together with the other people following the same book. I have read a persons testimony about a Sufi cult that was not altruistic so I would not say all who call themselves Sufi are following Rumi:s non dualistic example. If all Muslim was Sufi then I think Islam would be peaceful enough for coexistence.

I think Sunni are doing to little to clean up the Wahhabi mess and I will not say that Shia are behaving rationally with some of their customs. I do think Ursury is an enslaving custom that should not be allowed.

I do not like Muhammad or Paul or Abraham as idea spreaders since they did not measure up on a duality/non duality scale. Rumi, Buddha and the little I have read from Nanak seem to be more peacemaking/harmonic. Confucianism and taoism is interesting.

edit on 3-2-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Not a fan of any type of muslim. Their archaic treatment of women does them in as a whole for me.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

The problem is that the Wahhabis that wield more power than the Sufis. Look at the Saudis, they have power due to US backing and oil money. This allows their brand of Islam to spread.

If the Sufis have more power, only then can they neutralize the threat of Radical Islam.

edit on 2/3/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join