It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When say you Muslims which group do you mean? Wahhabi, Sunni, or Shia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: queenofswords

You can trace them all back to Saudi Arabia and their twisted ideology of theirs.

So you say. But, how can any of us really know that for sure.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

a reply to: D8Tee

What about the Bible? they also called for the killing of innocent people. That doesn't mean all Christians follows it.

Can you show me where in the bible Christians are called to kill anyone, guilty or innocent people
Can you show me what n the bible where Christians are even allowed to dislike people, guilty, gay or otherwise?

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people confuse Judaism with christianity

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Ever heard of the Sufis?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You should at least study the history of Wahhabi Islam. I think if you study a little bit of their ideas, only then you understand the inspiration behind of all these Radical Muslim terrorists.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I dont say that kind of thing but if i did, it would be about the sunnis. They are generally the most extreme version of islam. Though im sure there are exceptions to evwrything.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have previously been tolerant of Muslims in general...

the only sect I abhor are the murders sect, the Assassins...& they all seem to practice violent Jihad on whatever level they want to

the only sect of Muslims or Islam I agree with is the Sufi sect who immerse themselves in the mystical realms and might do the spinning dance to get to a trance state --whirling Dervish stuff...

all the other fundamental Wahabbists/Salafists/et al. IS & AQ can go purify their own ranks of Islamic 'back-sliders' all they want...

the few & rare Christian converts, whom the radicals term as 'Apostates' should remove themselves from the presence of Jihadists before proclaiming a renouncing of Islam... unless they rationalize their immediate death at their hands is a useful cause-for-Martyrdom

here's a badge or arm patch or headband to denote the wearer is a Sufi...if your so inclined

edit on nd28148607903702432017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes but we are living together as muslims and christians etc in 2017 and guess who is doing most of the raping and killing first? Muslims..

Even effing Sweden is finally saying 'uncle' ffs

a reply to: starwarsisreal

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

But there are many different sects. State specifically which ones is causing the problems. Last time I heard it wasn't the Shi'ites that didn't start ISIS.

Generalizations are linguistic conveniences, not statements of facts. It's natural to speak in general terms. Once we realize that, we no longer have to preface everything with "I'm not speaking about all Muslims".
edit on 2-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You should at least study the history of Wahhabi Islam. I think if you study a little bit of their ideas, only then you understand the inspiration behind of all these Radical Muslim terrorists.

I haven't studied them, but I have read about them. I'm just not sure they are the sole influence. High-control religions like Islam, imo, cannot be good for one's self-esteem and overall mental health, especially for women. When a religion is more than a religion...when it is your politics and your government and your full body of the law....imo, it is very unhealthy for western society. But, that's just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I give you a point with the Sufis.
Sad that they are attacked all over the world by other Muslims.

Cool dance moves though with their Swirling.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Can anyone show an instance where a muslim shows any remorse for any atrocity a muslim has caused?

Can ANYONE show any instance any muslim leadership show any remorse for an atrocity caused in their name?

Please dont ask for proof we lay down and let them get away with murder, rape, pedophilia and anything else as you may be disgusted with what is shown.

BUT they are a religion of peace.

AND before you call me racist... Islam is not a race

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Donald Trump: Shia? Oh I love Shia LaBeouf in Transformers. I watched them all. You know Bay came to me and asked me, he said: Trump, We want to get you in a scene doing the 'you're fired' bit, and I was like: Come on, what is this? But yeah, Shia is tremendous man. I know tremendous people.

Steve Bannon: No.. No Trump. *sigh*

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The bible calling for killings?

Exodus 7

7:17 Thus saith the LORD, In this thou shalt know that I am the LORD: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.
7:18 And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river.
7:19 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.
7:20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.
7:21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
At this point I don't really care about the inner workings.

It's true that there's a notable distinction between Catholic and Christian. That's a branding thing. I'm happy to let peaceful Muslim sects distance themselves in the same way, but so far I don't see enough of a distinction to warrant any special treatment.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: Raggedyman

The bible calling for killings?

Exodus 7

7:17 Thus saith the LORD, In this thou shalt know that I am the LORD: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.
7:18 And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river.
7:19 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.
7:20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.
7:21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

That had noting to do with Christianity though! The God of the Old Testament, (Torah) was just as brutal as those believe in the Quran! That God represented the Jews!

With that I will remove myself from this nonsense! I used to be a Christian and have removed myself from the church! Too many charlatans in the world to destroy my humanity!

I now live by one rule! Treat other as you would want them to treat you! For those who might think that might make me a door mat? You have seen enough of my posts to know otherwise!

If there is a God I will deal with his/her/ZE's wrath or blessings based upon my beliefs! Life is about choices!
edit on 2-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Well one member said that Sufi Muslims are peaceful yet they are hated by other Muslims.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have been associated with many Sufi orders and can tell you they are the kindest most tolerant people you will ever find.

(Btw most of the Sufis I’ve known are white Europeans)

Their not perfect but they strive to be perfect.

They 100 percent practice their version of Islam to do one thing: get union with God.

The kind of ignorant hatred of Wahhabism you will never find in any true Sufi order

The Saudis hate Sufis, and in fact hate all non Wahhabi Muslims.

Before becoming a Sufi I was in a moderate Muslim community we always were visited by Wahhabis to proselytize and basically denounced their intolerance and medieval version of Islam

Wahhabism is clearly the etiology of this radical Islam

I know, I've lived it--I am a witness

edit on 2-2-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You should make a thread about Sufis. I have a feeling more people will open their minds about Islam if they learned about Sufis.

I believe if Islam were to reform, it would be the Sufis that will lead the way. However for that to happen, the House of Saud and the Radical Islamists in Iran need to fall.
edit on 2/2/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Most Muslims until they start standing up and confronting the problems in their own religion.

Even then, besides the extremists, moderate Muslims still believe in most Sharia aspects which directly oppose the Western way of life. Polls prove this. Near 100% of UK Muslims are against gays. Near half accept the death penalty for being gay.

That's not just your extremists. Moderates also harbor the extremists in the neighborhoods and local mosques.

I say the same about Catholics by the way as another example. There's extremist pedophiles in the church. More than you think. Crazy amounts of abuse. Of course, that's not all Catholics, there's many moderates. But if you're a moderate Catholic and associate with that religion, you carry some of the responsibility. You're part of the problem. Most Catholics are a problem for foolishly backing their religion which is rotten to the core.
edit on 2-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

What's your take on the Sufis? Many of them as I stated earlier were hated by their fellow Muslims and they are actually peaceful people that want to have oneness with God.

The sad part is that they are few in numbers and they are far more financially weak than Saudi Arabia.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join