It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When say you Muslims which group do you mean? Wahhabi, Sunni, or Shia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
People of ATS when you say Muslims which group do you mean? Wahhabi, Shia or Sunni?

Now before you accuse of me of being a Muslim lover, keep in mind, I am well aware of the dangers of Radical Islam and how they have been becoming increasingly more dangerous. In fact I just saw video where Migrants have been openly declaring that they will take over Europe.

After seeing how people say Muslims are a problem, sometimes I wonder what sect are you referring too?

Understand not all Muslim sects are dangerous. Some Muslims sects do want peace and reforms.

But if we keep attacking all Muslims then we are no better than the Wahhabis. It is the Wahhabis/Saudi Arabia that is causing a lot of the problems. In fact it is they that openly declared jihad against anyone who isn't Wahhabi such as Shi'ites, other Muslim sects, Christians, Jews etc.

Also it is they that called for the destruction of Historical Monuments like the Buddha statues in Afghanistan.

If we keep attacking the wrong people, then it will make us no better than monsters.
edit on 2/2/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

People of ATS when you say Muslims which group do you mean?

Those who call themselves Muslim.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I generally don't say Muslim,

When talking about extremists I usually specifically say Wahhabi or Salafi.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You're correct in your assessment.

It is mostly Wahhabis that are causing the problems...
But I try not to generalise them too...
For the most part, they, like everyone else, just want to live their lives.

Besides not all Terror stems from Wahhabism.
Mostly.
But Shiites and Sunnis also have fair share of bad apples.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Which sects read that book, the Quran?

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more

link   
I dunno, what do they mean by "White" men?

Do you mean Slavic, Caucasian, Irish, Finnish, Spanish, Lithuanian...

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

But there are many different sects. State specifically which ones is causing the problems. Last time I heard it wasn't the Shi'ites that start ISIS.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Shia Muslims hate ISIS...

But when you see footage on live leak of Shia Muslims shooting a child in the face just for allegedly scouting positions for ISIS, you come to the conclusion that Terror knows know sect.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

What about the Bible? they also called for the killing of innocent people. That doesn't mean all Christians follows it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I know Shi'ites have bad apples, In fact I know a professor who was hunted down by the Ayatollah's men shortly after the Iranian Revolution and have to flee the country.

However, we can't say it was the Shi'ites that want to destroy Europe. It was those who follow the Wahhabi ideology.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

What about the Bible? they also called for the killing of innocent people. That doesn't mean all Christians follows it.

Why should any Christian follow the Torah? aka the Old Testament?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by historical context contained in the surrounding text (although many Muslims choose to think of them that way). They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subject to interpretation as anything else in the Quran.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't care what sect they are. The only ones I worry about are those who want to cut off my . because I'm not Muslim, the ones who want to implement Sharia law everywhere and the ones dedicated to violence as a solution to problems.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Well if you're discussing the infiltration conspiracy then yes that would likely be Wahhabi in origin.

Saudi Arabia pay for lots of Mosques across the world and their interpretation of the Quran, is as extreme as it gets.

But is generalising all Wahhabis any good either?
Paying for the sins of the aristocracy?

A terrorist is a terrorist. Muslim or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

But if we keep attacking all Muslims then we are no better than the Wahhabis. It is the Wahhabis/Saudi Arabia that is causing a lot of the problems. In fact it is they that openly declared jihad against anyone who isn't Wahhabi such as Shi'ites, other Muslim sects, Christians, Jews etc.

Well the Shia are far from victimes especially after the Bahai's genocide.

On the Sunni side you have wahabbism.

On the Shia side you have twelverism..

So if a person want to.

Radical Islmaic Extremism or Muslim supremacist is a most appropriate descriptor.

Or we could just cut through it all and just call it muslim violence.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Mus·lim
ˈməzləm,ˈmo͝ozləm/
noun
a follower of the religion of Islam.
adjective
relating to the Muslims or their religion.

just to be clear,not a race.

Edit: As for reforms... I doubt it

edit on nd2017000000Thursdaynd000000Thu, 02 Feb 2017 17:10:50 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2017 17:10:50 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I don't care what sect they are. The only ones I worry about are those who want to cut off my . because I'm not Muslim, the ones who want to implement Sharia law everywhere and the ones dedicated to violence as a solution to problems.

Me, too.

What sect was the married couple, Farook and Malik, that blew away 14 co-workers, the same co-workers that had given them a baby shower?

What sect was Nidal Hassan, the U.S. Army major that shot up his fellow soldiers out of the blue one day?

What sect was Omar Mateen who shot and killed 49 people and wounded another 53 in an Orlando gay nightclub, and whose wife was complicit?

What sect was the Tsarnaev brothers that killed and maimed at the Boston Marathon?

What sect was the freaks that showed up in Dallas at a free speech event with the intention of killing the participants?

What sect was the Charlie Hebdo killers?

What sect did the truck driver that mowed down and killed 86 people in Nice, France belong to?

I could go on and on asking what sect?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You can trace them all back to Saudi Arabia and their twisted ideology of theirs.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Understand not all Muslim sects are dangerous. Some Muslims sects do want peace and reforms.

Can you be more specific and name the groups who are supposedly for peace and reforms?

And to answer the title question: as an atheist I mean all muslim groups, when I talk about muslims. When it comes to terror i distinguish between muslims and jihadis.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

That is because the bible conains stories and must not be taken literally whereas the quran is literally the word of god with no room for interpretation, simply submit and follow.

The difference in sect does not make a muslim less muslim, they all identify themselves as being muslim.
But you're right on what you state in the OP, it makes it all the more laughable that despite the loss of 3000 American lives during 9/11 and many more lives that have died in Iraq and SYria, the US government is quite close with the Saudi's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join