It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Reports: White Supremacists Have Infiltrated Law Enforcement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If there's one thing we can all agree on - at least I hope - it's that White Supremacy is a bad thing. It is contrary to the core American values of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness [for all Americans] in almost every respect.

The Intercept reports that several FBI documents raise new concerns about the infiltration of white supremacist agents into law enforcement agencies.

In a heavily redacted version of an October 2006 FBI internal intelligence assessment, the agency raised the alarm over white supremacist groups’ “historical” interest in “infiltrating law enforcement communities or recruiting law enforcement personnel.” The effort, the memo noted, “can lead to investigative breaches and can jeopardize the safety of law enforcement sources or personnel.” The memo also states that law enforcement had recently become aware of the term “ghost skins,” used among white supremacists to describe “those who avoid overt displays of their beliefs to blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes.” In at least one case, the FBI learned of a skinhead group encouraging ghost skins to seek employment with law enforcement agencies in order to warn crews of any investigations.

IN 2009, SHORTLY after the election of Barack Obama, a Department of Homeland Security intelligence study, written in coordination with the FBI, warned of the “resurgence” of right-wing extremism. “Right-wing extremists have capitalized on the election of the first African-American president, and are focusing their efforts to recruit new members, mobilize existing supporters, and broaden their scope and appeal through propaganda,” the report noted,

“Federal law enforcement agencies in general — the FBI, the Marshals, the ATF — are aware that extremists have infiltrated state and local law enforcement agencies and that there are people in law enforcement agencies that may be sympathetic to these groups,” said Daryl Johnson, who was the lead researcher on the DHS report. Johnson, who now runs DT Analytics, a consulting firm that analyzes domestic extremism, says the problem has since gotten “a lot more troublesome.”

The report concluded that “lone wolves and small terrorist cells embracing violent right-wing extremist ideology are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat in the United States.”

If true, this seems like a serious issue that should be addressed sooner rather than later. The article states that there is no current standard for finding out if a person is a white supremacist or not. But would it even be possible to institute such a standard without inflicting a different kind of bias or violating a person's right to privacy? This, to me, seems to be an issue about how far do we go in violating a person's privacy in order to prevent radical extremists from attaining positions of power?

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

What about Browns supremacist, black supremacist? Are they infiltrating institutions? It certainly seems like they have.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Funny, the FBI must be profiling cops using the Obama test for White Supremacy....you have to be a white Christian Conservative male that thinks Progressives are despicable.....or deplorable.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, I've applied for jobs where a personality test was required for all applicants. I was also denied the position for falling into a specific type of personality.

Same should go for police.

Though, I believe the timing of this particular article says more than the article itself.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What about the White Liberal Racists? In my opinion and as a non white I find them far more dangerous than so called white supremacists like the KKK.

Look at Hillary Clinton and her husband and their bad history with Blacks.

edit on 2/2/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hmm.

In a heavily redacted version of an October 2006 FBI internal intelligence assessment, the agency raised the alarm over white supremacist groups’

And...

IN 2009, SHORTLY after the election of Barack Obama, a Department of Homeland Security intelligence study, written in coordination with the FBI, warned of the “resurgence” of right-wing extremism.

I think you're about 8-11 years off.

Don't worry, I'll let you know when it's relevant again.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I don't know. The article/reports didn't say. But if they were, shouldn't we be against them as well? And pretty much any kind of supremacy? Can we just make a blanket rule that if it a group can be defined as ______ Supremacy then we're against it?

link   
Double post.
edit on 2-2-2017 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

link   
This is news?

No offense, OP, but a cursory review of LEO-related headlines over the past, I dunno, hunnit-fitty years or so should be enough to indict the law enforcement community as systemically racist.

The FBI--the source of useless information since 1908.

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

What about Browns supremacist, black supremacist? Are they infiltrating institutions? It certainly seems like they have.

Good point, Al Sharpton and the BLM thugs can't get a free meal at the White House anymore. Sorry, I couldn't help it when MrSensible mentioned brown and black supremacists.....visions of Obama, Jerimiah Wright, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson sprang to mind.

link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Well, this isn't about brown supremacists, it's about the whites ones. So instead of deflecting, let's stick to the OP's topic. Wanna talk about the FBI's report on brown supremacy then make your own thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I concur with your now revised statement implying that we should denounce all forms of supremacy, irrespective of whatever modifier is placed in front.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Wasn't Comey in charge? You think that guy is Obama's lackey?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Wanna talk about how the FBI tweaks its own statistics to support it's "evil whites" narrative?

They always lump Hispanics and whites together to inflate the statistical data, and just hope people won't notice.

Their alarmism has been missing the mark for a very long time.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Wasn't Comey in charge? You think that guy is Obama's lackey?

If you want my personal opinion, I believe that Comey genuinely wants to do his job fairly despite all of the hurdles he has received from both parties.

He was shamed into reopening Hillary's case a week before the election by the Congressional Oversight Committee and rightfully so. It's not up to Comey to decide which investigations are made private and which investigations are made public. Chaffetz & Gowdy rightfully reminded Comey that failure to disclose an ongoing investigation into one of the presidential candidates private email server would be seen as a partisan move in favor of the democrats.

And then of course when he did the right thing and announced that the investigation would continue with new evidence on Weiner's laptop, the democrats claimed that Comey was making a partisan decision in favor of the republicans.

Not to mention the fact that both Obama and the Clintons had pressured Comey not to make waves well in advance of Hillary's campaign.

So really, Comey was damned no matter what happened. I sympathize with the guy.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

If there is no current standard for determining if somebody is a white supremacist or not... then how can they know that white supremacists are infiltrating law enforcement?!? SMH.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Well, I've applied for jobs where a personality test was required for all applicants.

This is a fair point, but in the example of the article with "ghost skins", these are people who would be well-versed in ways to subvert these tests. So I guess then the issue would come down to effectiveness. (This is all hypothetical of course.)

And I agree with you about the timing of the article. I had included something about it in my OP but decided to remove it because I thought it might distract from the article itself.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So we have move from the police are racist to the FBI is racist.

Blah..

And for the record theres all kinds of supremacists in this country.

Black,white,brown,rich,poor,male,female.

Good hell pick any identity politic descriptor.

This stuff never going to go away until people accept the only label that matters.

AMERICAN.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

I'm going to assume you're just joking, and not irredeemably dense.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

"right-wing extremist" doesn't automatically equal "white supremecists." This equation strikes me as being a bit too conveniently in lock step with the establishment narrative that has desperately tried to portray American nationalism as being the same in our extraordinarily multicultural, multicolored nation as race based nationalism is in more homogenous countries like Greece, the nordic nations, and much of rural Europe.

Modern American nationalism, which is absolutely misclassified as a right-wing extremist movement by the media and left-leaning politicians, is NOT a racially sensitive movement. We don't care whether you're white, black, beige, yellow, or red... we care about whether you are a legal citizen of the United States of America, PERIOD.

Until the narrative stops lumping Americans who want to protect America in with neo Nazi idiots and racial seperatists, these reports aren't worth the paper they've been printed on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join