It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy: Special forces flew Trump flag in convoy (it's Official)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The fascist left has compelled the military to show whose side they are on.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Is mad king Trump?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neo96

And you're acting like these Marines did nothing wrong. Or do you believe that they should be punished?

Marines ?

Since when did Navy Seals become Marines?

Hell, when did SEALs become Special Forces?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neo96

And you're acting like these Marines did nothing wrong. Or do you believe that they should be punished?

Marines ?

Since when did Navy Seals become Marines?

At least no one has called them 'commandos'.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I fail to see what the to do is about here.

Yep, it's probably against regs. ...and they probably got told don't do it again.

Fairly sure as far as the military is concerned, it's over. As it should be.

They're commandos

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Modern day reporting - accuracy is an option.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My husband's an SF vet, and a friend's husband deals with intel. Both are appalled, and are of the opinion that such partisan displays are dishonorable behavior worthy of sharp demotions at minimum. My friend's husband has been in for 20 years, and would really love to see instant dishonorable discharges for stuff like this (though my husband disagrees and believes demotions are a better route to earn the chance to redeem themselves for violating code)

While I think it's crap they don't get to have opinions while serving, I understand & agree that it's actually necessary to prevent fracturing into factions within the military. That's a bit more demoralizing & destabilizing than your favored political figure taking some mud from the public.
edit on 2/2/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: seasonal

Some motorists said they were alarmed by military units flying the flag of a national leader rather than the country, which they said is reminiscent of a fascist government or banana republic.

I agree.

Then they don't know what a fascist government or banana republic looks like.

Because the only thing on the german flag was the swastika.

You haven't seen posters of dictators plastered all over the place in some of those countries (throughout history.)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
yep, definitely not allowed, but if their commander is as pro trump as they are nothing will happen to them.

Liberals must be very disheartened knowing that their own military,if given the chance, would shoot them dead for being the lying, traitorous, scum that they are.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I wouldn't think soldiers could fly any flag that's not approved by their commander.

A pennant, it's a pennant. As I said in my OP about this story, if the CO was OK with this then no misconduct.
Knowing the history of the SecDef, extra rations, new equipment, and extended shore leave will be forth coming.

edit on V132017Thursdaypm28America/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2017 21:13:15 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
My husband's an SF vet, and a friend's husband deals with intel. Both are appalled, and are of the opinion that such partisan displays are dishonorable behavior worthy of sharp demotions at minimum. My friend's husband has been in for 20 years, and would really love to see instant dishonorable discharges for stuff like this (though my husband disagrees and believes demotions are a better route to earn the chance to redeem themselves for violating code)

While I think it's crap they don't get to have opinions while serving, I understand & agree that it's actually necessary to prevent fracturing into factions within the military. That's a bit more demoralizing & destabilizing than your favored political figure taking some mud from the public.

Isn't Jessie Ventura a SF vet too.

edit on V172017Thursdaypm28America/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2017 21:17:34 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I apologize in advance for this post, but this thread reminded me of this bit- one of my all time favorites,

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Wrong. The president is CIC. The military takes orders from the president. Not the "people."

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Some motorists said they were alarmed by military units flying the flag of a national leader rather than the country, which they said is reminiscent of a fascist government or banana republic.

I agree.

Nonsense!
A) Nothing remotely "fascist" about Trump. Far from it really, as he represents liberty and American values of freedom.
B) I seriously doubt any unit ever flew an Obama flag, as he was universally reviled in the armed forces. Whereas Trump is universally loved by the US military.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I agree.

Then they don't know what a fascist government or banana republic looks like.

Because the only thing on the german flag was the swastika.

You haven't seen posters of dictators plastered all over the place in some of those countries (throughout history.)

Pictures of their faces you mean? Like Stalin, Mao etc? Yep. This however was nothing more than an election flag. No big deal. The military loves Trump. They despised Obama.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
The fascist left has compelled the military to show whose side they are on.

LOL! So true too. These regressive leftist are so clued out it's quite scary really. The military is behind their president 100% - as they should be.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As CO, I'd schedule a Captain's Mast a week out and let them sweat over possible consequences. At Mast, each would be required to read the appropriate Regs out loud for the assembled crew. The consequences would be restriction to ship or base and some unpleasant duty or another plus the deadly official letters of reprimand for their jackets which would probably get lost somewhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
My God some people get triggered by the simplest things.

Anyone who has spent any real time in the military will tell you that this was probably just a stupid and rather misguided thing done by a couple of idiots who thought it was a laugh.

They'll have had an interview without chairs with the Sergeant Major and then forgotten about.

It's not some grandiose display by a section or branch of the military.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Reminds me of:

media.breitbart.com...

www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/05/29/pentagon-changes-position-u-s-green-berets-wearing-uniform-insignia-linked-syrian-kurdish-militia-insig nia/

www.breitbart.com... a-insignia/

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join