It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy: Special forces flew Trump flag in convoy (it's Official)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You can't find a single photo of a fascist military vehicle flying a flag with their commander in chiefs name on it, huh?

Oh simmer down - I was responding to another poster - and not the OP

edit on 2/2/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Tou·ché? I don't think so. The Obama poster was for an actual campaign

Well then that would make the last admin the 'fascist' governemnt/Banana republic.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
I wonder what the reaction would be if it were an Obama flag on it. I'm guessing the tables would be flipped and opinions would change on a dime.

The thing is, that wouldn't happen, most in the military despise Obama, because they knew what he was really all about, the liberal media can't brainwash them.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

On duty? No. The military is there to serve the consititition and the OFFICE of president, not a individual person.

Wasn't aware that A convoy unit comprised the whole of the American military.

Good Grief.

In uniform, on duty, military personnel observe different codes of conduct than a "civilian" would be expected to. It's part and parcel of your swearing in as a member of the military. Whoever flew this flag would know that and also knows there are sanctions for doing so.

There are going to be plenty of closed door meetings with their command about this.
It reflects badly on the military in general but especially all in those soldiers chain of command.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Theres going to be a basic thing here where the people are going to be expected to pop their balls on the table and a large hammer will appear shall we say and I'd doubt for the driver and crew in that vehicle it will end very well.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Well since we are talking about a special warfare unit.

I am cutting them some slack.

Considering what their jobs are.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Very funny, and I would imagine not by chance.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Weather correct /right or wrong you can see a kind of thank you to Americans for putting someone in charge that they agree with . I can see this in a positive way for both the soldiers and the American public .A kind of unity despite the divisions people are seeing at home and that maybe they are seeing on the field .

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well if it is offical and that's confirmed special forces that would make sense because those guys really do follow their own set of rules so they are exempt from breaking the rules I had to follow, mostly.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I do find this inappropriate. BUT, we should look at what the regulations state:

www.courier-journal.com...
Military regulations say personnel should avoid implying Department of Defense sponsorship or endorsement of any “political candidate, campaign or cause.”

Donald Trump is not a candidate for anything, he is the President of the United States. He is a person, not a campaign nor a cause. These regulations were not broken. I served eight years. Military rules are literal, not inferred.

Also, they are not Special Forces, but a Special Warfare Unit of the Navy. Yes, huge difference.
edit on 2-2-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So we are worried about one flag on one military vehicle, but not our entire mass media being the propaganda arm of a party and a president when it was Obama?

edit on 2-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI

I do find this inappropriate. BUT, we should look at what the regulations state:

www.courier-journal.com...
Military regulations say personnel should avoid implying Department of Defense sponsorship or endorsement of any “political candidate, campaign or cause.”

Donald Trump is not a candidate for anything, he is the President of the United States. He is a person, not a campaign nor a cause. These regulations were not broken. I served eight years. Military rules are literal, not inferred.

Also, they are not Special Forces, but a Special Warfare Unit of the Navy. Yes, huge difference.

Cause:

a person or thing that gives rise to an action, phenomenon, or condition.

So it could be interpreted as a cause. The cause of the presidency, I would think.

But it is in support of the current president which seems pro America. I suppose it's up to those who interpret that rule.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

They weren't flying the flag of the President of the United States... the flag of the President of the United States is the American Flag. What they were flying was the emblem of the republican candidate for the presidency.

Really the only question you have to ask yourself, "would I be concerned if I had seen a "hope/change" flag flying on a military vehicle with a giant O on it two months ago?" If that answer was "yes" then the rational response should be obvious.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravelnah
edit on 2-2-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Our military is suppose to go fight for our freedoms, and they are suppose to be denied theirs ?

LOL do you fly your favourite TV actors faces on your employers flagpole without permission? This is the military we're talking about.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI
a reply to: roadgravelnah

Sure it can be seen as a cause. Doubt it will.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I wouldn't think soldiers could fly any flag that's not approved by their commander.

They can't. The DoD and the branches of the military have regulations on what can be displayed/flown on US military property.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I really don't see this one incident as a big issue, if it is a one time thing.

But

I can't help but flash to Catch-22 and Milo Minderbinder's M & M Enterprises.

My mind sees the Trump flag as more of a Trump thing (business) than a president thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: neo96

I'm usually on your side with things, but you have no idea what you're talking about. No. Enlisted members do not have the same rights as civilians. Google it if it shocks you, but it's hardly breaking news.

Your right about that. I just wish the same standards were held for every other federal employee getting a paycheck! Become a soldier and it's a different world! Meanwhile take a maddening look at our childish politicians...

Getting a tattoo could be grounds for a court martial for defacing government property! Just depended if your commander had it out for you or not!
edit on 2-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join