It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy: Special forces flew Trump flag in convoy (it's Official)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

wrist slap

punishment fits the crime

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: seasonal

Some motorists said they were alarmed by military units flying the flag of a national leader rather than the country, which they said is reminiscent of a fascist government or banana republic.

I agree.

Showing support for your leader amidst the nonstop demonization rhetoric looks like fascism to you? And not the brainwashed folk that have been told what to think, who to hate, and how to act isn't?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Go Navy!

Was entering The Big E last year with my teenage son who was wearing his MAGA Trump hat, which he had to have custom printed at the mall because obviously there weren't many to be found here in sucky liberal CT.

Got to the front of the line and a snarky security dude checking our bags said to him "America is already great!"...ironic, because he was poking around through my son's string backpack with his danger detection drumstick at the time.

At that moment, having overheard the comment, a young Navy officer in dress whites stepped forward from a small group of similarly uniformed Navy folks, put his hand on my son's shoulder, gave the security guy the stink-eye and said to my boy "You wear that hat with pride, young man!"

You should have seen him beam!

Go Navy!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I think the wrist slap they person/persons responsible for allowing the flag to fly is enough to make a blunt point.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well did the nazis run around with flags with Hitlers name on it ?

Nazi Germany is particularly interesting because Hitler personally conceived of a lot of symbolism himself but I digress, that's another discussion.

Try again.

The only thing Hitler did was rip off the Romans and the Indian symbols.

So... what you're saying is that Nazi soldiers had more allegiance to their nation while the soldiers in the video has more allegiance to their nation's leader?

How is that comforting? Isn't that even worse?

I'd imagine if I was going to say that.

I would have.

But I didn't.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tjack

Nice story.

Love, love your avatar...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am much more concerned about former Obama administration officials calling for a military coup.

Maybe this is the military's way of saying "up yours, dem traitors. We will never be a part of your seditious fantasies."

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Reminds me of all the murals, billboards, and flyers in dictatorships, that have pictures of their dictator on them. Super scary.

There's so much to say about this art I don't even no where to begin. The word delusional keeps popping up in my head :-)

But aside from that - yeah - super scary. And already happening

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I hope those responsible were reprimanded. The military serves the people. Not the president.

Blown way out of proportion. While I agree the military takes an oath to protect the constitution and not an individual. Showing support to their Commander-in-Chief isn't that big a deal. Let me know when Trump makes them start parading around flags with his name on them, then you would have a point.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

That is the best you can do?

You can't find a single photo of a fascist military vehicle flying a flag with their commander in chiefs name on it, huh?

Reminiscent of something that never actually existed?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Posting glitch

Please delete
edit on 2-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Reminds me of all the murals, billboards, and flyers in dictatorships, that have pictures of their dictator on them. Super scary.

There's so much to say about this art I don't even no where to begin. The word delusional keeps popping up in my head :-)

Would you say the same about this 'art' ?

Already happening ?

Happened Long ago.

Trump critics have gone so far off the depend end it's not even funny anymore.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

exSome motorists said they were alarmed by military units flying the flag of a national leader rather than the country, which they said is reminiscent of a fascist government or banana republic.ex

I agree.

Seconded. Seemingly not a hoax either.

edit on 2-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

link   
I wouldn't think soldiers could fly any flag that's not approved by their commander.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I wonder what the reaction would be if it were an Obama flag on it. I'm guessing the tables would be flipped and opinions would change on a dime.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Would you say the same about this 'art' ?

Already happening ?

Happened Long ago.

Trump critics have gone so far off the depend end it's not even funny anymore.

I prefer this one:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I would be just as Concerned if Obama flags were flying from a convoy of military vehicles.
But Trump is the present administration so I will be concerned with this.
Service people are welcome to hold political views but I feel I have to draw the line at driving military convoys funded at the taxpayers expense on public roads.
Seeing military endorse a person instead of the constitution is bound to make many people uncomfortable.
It seem similar to the slippery slope of using the military for actions of domestic policing.
edit on 2-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Touché? I don't think so. The Obama poster was for an actual campaign

My example started popping up after our election - and is being used to promote - what exactly?

In Moscow, Trump inauguration inspires Russian hopes of new nationalist era

Maria Katasonova pointed proudly to the three stylised portraits behind her: versions of Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin and Marine Le Pen, all made to look eerily similar with blond hair and identical outfits. “It’s called Triptych,” she said. “It was painted a year ago, when nobody believed Trump had a chance of winning, except us. Now, it’s a vision of the future.”

It’s a vision that terrifies many in other parts of Europe, but here, people can hardly contain their excitement at the friendly noises Trump is making towards Russia, and the concurrent shakiness of the European liberal consensus.

We all see our art differently - don't we Neo? No doubt you find this one comforting :-)

edit on 2/2/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
if u guys want to have some consistency and your still up in arms over this, then id like to know your feelings on the swag our vets wore in ww2 korea, vietnam etc. remember those peace signs, smiley faces, nose art, letters delivered via bombs, etc. srsly get the f out of here. our miltary are not robots. in a life as structured as theirs a tiny lil thing like this is needed many times to ease the stress and keep them from losing their minds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join