It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy: Special forces flew Trump flag in convoy (it's Official)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lughnasadh

Right.

A PART.

And ?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"Special Naval Warfare Unit" as in Seals? Aren't they just thanking Trump for recently honoring one of their fallen?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You got there before me. The regs cover the whole military and they have the same ultimate goals.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
"Special Naval Warfare Unit" as in Seals? Aren't they just thanking Trump for recently honoring one of their fallen?

Didn't this happen before that trip?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's true, I did not think of that.

It very well could be a sign or showing of respect. Something that Trump will take notice of.
edit on 2-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And you're acting like these Marines did nothing wrong. Or do you believe that they should be punished?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Trump is not a candidate.

Trump is their commander in chief.

They obviously respect him.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Then they don't know what a fascist government or banana republic looks like. Because the only thing on the german flag was the swastika.

Did that make sense when you typed it? First off, Nazi Germany is a single example of fascism and decidely NOT an example of a banana republic. Do you want to account for all of the fascist regimes and banana republics that have existed?

Secondly, and more importantly in regards to your response, the Nazis had a number of flags and flags are of course just one aspect of politically/military symbolism. Nazi Germany is particularly interesting because Hitler personally conceived of a lot of symbolism himself but I digress, that's another discussion.

Regarding flags in use in Nazi Germany, Hitler did have a personal standard.
edit on 2017-2-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Right.

A PART.

And ?

Oh c'mon neo! I usually agree with you but there is a reason members of the military aren't allowed to wear their uniforms to political gatherings. They can not be seen to be political. I mean really. They are allowed to GO to political events. They just can't wear the uniform there. So if they want to fly a Trump flag, they need to put it on their personal vehicle. The military shouldn't 'pick sides'. They should follow lawful orders, no matter which side is in charge at the time.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And you're acting like these Marines did nothing wrong. Or do you believe that they should be punished?

Marines ?

A Department of Defense spokesman said Monday he thought the trucks were military surplus and being driven by private citizens. But experts on military transport said they were equipped with expensive technology, including ballistic glass, that wouldn’t be seen on a decommissioned vehicles, and that they probably belonged to the Navy SEALs or other special operations forces.

Since when did Navy Seals become Marines?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Gee some actual operators got a "stern talking to"

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'm usually on your side with things, but you have no idea what you're talking about. No. Enlisted members do not have the same rights as civilians. Google it if it shocks you, but it's hardly breaking news.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Maybe the Seals are hoping to get his attention so he'll drop by and train them to be great soldiers. Trump knows more about everything then everyone else so he could whip that group into a real fighting force.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I hope those responsible were reprimanded. The military serves the people. Not the president.

I wouldn't be too hard on them, probably just happy that someone might keep them from going to the ME now.

I do find it funny that the majority of the military voted for Trump, but seeing one flag on a humvee is what triggers people.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well did the nazis run around with flags with Hitlers name on it ?

Nazi Germany is particularly interesting because Hitler personally conceived of a lot of symbolism himself but I digress, that's another discussion.

Try again.

The only thing Hitler did was rip off the Romans and the Indian symbols.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
when i put my uniform on, I Pledged allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. period.

Thank you. If my taxes have to fund the military, I'd rather they fund our military, not Trump's.

Reminds me of all the murals, billboards, and flyers in dictatorships, that have pictures of their dictator on them. Super scary.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well, the rule isn't exactly relevant. Trump isn't a candidate, he's their commander in chief. Did this happen before or after the election. That will tell you if they broke the rule or not. As for whether it's in poor taste is another argument, but not likely one that would end in discipline with any kind of severity. Might they be required to spend a weekend washing trucks? Maybe? Will they get written up? I seriously doubt it. The bigger issue might be that ZERO military members have been proud enough about their commander in chief to do this previously. I know how I felt about Obama, and I sure as hell know I wasn't alone.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Where are all the photos of these fascist and bannana republic milotary vehicles flying flags with their commander in chiefs name on them?

I can't seem to find a single one.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well did the nazis run around with flags with Hitlers name on it ?

Nazi Germany is particularly interesting because Hitler personally conceived of a lot of symbolism himself but I digress, that's another discussion.

Try again.

The only thing Hitler did was rip off the Romans and the Indian symbols.

So... what you're saying is that Nazi soldiers had more allegiance to their nation while the soldiers in the video has more allegiance to their nation's leader?

How is that comforting? Isn't that even worse?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I would support all military vehicles having a Trump bobble head on the dash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join