It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy: Special forces flew Trump flag in convoy (it's Official)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It would seem that Trump has a few supporters in the military. I wonder if this flag replaced an tattered Obama flag that was flying for 8 years?

It's official: The military convoy seen flying a Trump flag in Louisville on Sunday belonged to a Navy Special Warfare unit, and the flag was "unauthorized," a Navy spokeswoman said.

Lt. Jacqui Maxwell of the Naval Special Warfare Group 2 in Virginia Beach, Virginia, said a command inquiry is underway.

“Yes, it was inappropriate,” Maxwell said. “It was unauthorized.”

Of course this was not authorized, and the military regs say that personnel should avoid endorsement of any candidate.

www.courier-journal.com...
Military regulations say personnel should avoid implying Department of Defense sponsorship or endorsement of any “political candidate, campaign or cause.”

Some motorists said they were alarmed by military units flying the flag of a national leader rather than the country, which they said is reminiscent of a fascist government or banana republic.

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Some motorists said they were alarmed by military units flying the flag of a national leader rather than the country, which they said is reminiscent of a fascist government or banana republic.

I agree.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

ALL Members:

All of you need to STOP and click on the link below, there have been changes to the rules for the Political Mud Pit forum.

So click on it, and read through it

NOW

All of you need to be aware of the rules prior to posting anymore in this thread or any other Political Mud Pit thread:

Political Mud Pit Forum Guidelines (Revised 02/02/2017)

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I would imagine there was a reminder of the regs to the ones who flew the Trump flag.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This would make me slightly uncomfortable.

Though individual military members are entitled to their own political views, the military as a whole should be apolitical and favoring one side or the over on offical business should be at least frownd upon.

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Take that Sarah Silverman.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Lt Jacqui Maxwell of Naval Special Warfare Group 2, Aww bless her.
edit on 2-2-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I can understand the go Trump feeling.

If this was allowed to reach it's logical conclusion we could see all sorts of flags being hoisted on military trucks.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: seasonal

I agree.

Then they don't know what a fascist government or banana republic looks like.

Because the only thing on the german flag was the swastika.

+14 more 
link   
when i put my uniform on, I Pledged allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. period.

edit on 2-2-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
link   
I see many people getting triggered with this one.

I bet O'bama is jealous as Hell.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yea they should not do that. Still funny though.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
when i put my uniform on, I Pledged allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. period.

Yeah to me the US flag should be the only flag they should be flying.

It is there country they have pledged to serve not Trump.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

Our military is suppose to go fight for our freedoms, and they are suppose to be denied theirs ?

Pretty effed up I must say.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder if it is a group exhale after the last 8 years, or if it is being revved up because they feel they have a commander in chief that is "on their side"?

link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Yea they should not do that. Still funny though.

Yeah I kinda had the same reaction. I went from "Ohno they didn!" to "Oh no, they didn't" facepalm

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I hope those responsible were reprimanded. The military serves the people. Not the president.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So let me get this straight.

Our military is suppose to go fight for our freedoms, and they are suppose to be denied theirs ?

Pretty effed up I must say.

Well yeah....that is kinda part of being in the military, well at least when on duty.

For one when on duty you dont have freedom of speech.

When off duty sure, they should be free to indulge in whatever politcs they desire.

On duty? No. The military is there to serve the consititition and the OFFICE of president, not a individual person.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

On duty? No. The military is there to serve the consititition and the OFFICE of president, not a individual person.

Wasn't aware that A convoy unit comprised the whole of the American military.

Good Grief.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Wasn't aware that A convoy unit comprised the whole of the American military.

Good Grief.

This is about the dumbest post this year.

A convoy is PART of the military.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join