It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi slams Bannon: 'White supremacist' now on security council

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Why is Bannon a bad person?

He just is. He said it himself.

Darkness is Good. Evil is Good. All Hail Evil.

Who else turns evil into a good thing?

Remember Satan in the Garden of Eden? Exactly the same philosophy.

"Oh, Eve, don't believe what the Lord tells you, you can eat the fruit, your eyes will open, you'll get wise."

That's how we all got here.

No, he didn't say he was a bad person lol, your bias just interpreted it that way.

"I'm a nationalist. I'm an economic nationalist," he said in the interview. "The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia. The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f---ed over."

I couldn't agree with him more. As for your fairy tales, they aren't convincing.

I haven't seen a Republican policy in my lifetime that helped the lower or middle class... Only pro rich economic policies.

I guess you weren't alive for President Reagan. "Under Reagan while the incomes for the lowest 50 percent grew 17.9 percent. The middle class, or the taxpayers in the middle 50-95 percent, saw their incomes rise 21.4 percent. While it is true that the rich got richer, so did the poor."
Actually no. I studied economics at a grad level. Since Reagan real wages have remained stagnant or fallen for all groups excepting upper class.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: rickymouse
This kind of person makes me kind of angry, she calls someone a racist which causes a lot of people to start hating people of other colors. They can't do that kind of name calling to try to intimidate someone, that is not right. I have found that the people who call others racists the most are usually the most racist of all. They are siding with the minority, so they are racist against whites who have a different opinion then them.

I agree that many people (not all) are now abusing these concepts and terms. It cheapens them and also undermines any real activism around legitimate racism or bigotry.

Basically, some people are weaponizing such terms, knowing that it will either hush up an opponent or defame their character.

It is an ad hominum technique.
Agreed, but the problem is that it's becoming acceptable discourse.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I haven't seen a Republican policy in my lifetime that helped the lower or middle class... Only pro rich economic policies.

The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 (Pub.L. 97–34), also known as the ERTA or "Kemp-Roth Tax Cut", was a federal law enacted in the United States in 1981. It was an act "to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to encourage economic growth through reductions in individual income tax rates, the expensing of depreciable property, incentives for small businesses, and incentives for savings, and for other purposes".[1]

Included in the act was an across-the-board decrease in the marginal income tax rates in the United States by 23% over three years, with the top rate falling from 70% to 50% and the bottom rate dropping from 14% to 11%. This act slashed estate taxes and trimmed taxes paid by business corporations by $150 billion over a five-year period. Additionally the tax rates were indexed for inflation, though the indexing was delayed until 1985.

Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981

As a result of ERTA and other tax acts in the 1980s, the top 10% were paying 57.2% of total income taxes by 1988, up from 48% in 1981, the bottom 50% of earners share dropping from 7.5% to 5.7% in the same period.[5] The total share borne by middle income earners of the 50th to 95th percentiles decreased from 57.5% to the 48.7% between 1981 and 1988.[6]

Explain how lowering taxes does not help people.
Explain how these numbers do not help lower or middle classes when it says clearly in bold that it did help them.
In fact, the top 10% paid more taxes while the lower and middle paid less!
I'll post the data after work, but actually real wages have fallen for everyone but the wealthy since then. At no point has trickle down economics worked. The income inequality and social mobility measures show this. Moreover, the tax cuts and economic deregulation have hit hard all kinds of government and social programs, from school systems to infrastructure.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I am extremely skeptical of what you're trying to say here.

You said "since then" and well, "since then" (which was 30 years ago) we've had 4 administrations screw up everything and the world has changed quite a bit.

And I don't know what kind of economics classes you take, but lowering taxes improves virtually everything, including the programs that lose funding. Having to make less go further generally improves a person's resourcefulness and ingenuity.

Plus I want to underline the reality that when it comes to politics, anything claimed at a University by professors will heavily skew to favor Democrats and the 'liberal agenda' and will try to downplay or demonize anything conservative. I went to college too (in one of the most red states in the US), and it was almost always favoring blue. In fact my only professor that seemed halfway conservative in their ideas was my honors history professor.

So although I am really interested to hear you back up your claims (which I find somewhat preposterous at face value), I will give you the fair shot at convincing me with reasoning and evidence. But be prepared to have whatever you "think" is evidence critically attacked from all angles, because you're in for a challenge.

In fact, you maybe should even create a thread about it because it's worth it's own focused discussion.
If you do please link us to it, thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yea I am not saying any opinion just saying haha.

I would not say he is racist but he may possibly stack his Americans in order.

Like say white people, then black then brown Americans, then legal immigrants, then refugees and other countries civilians. He loves us all just in order or priority duh haha

(this is just a joke)

edit on 3-2-2017 by randomthoughts12 because: disclaimer

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join