It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi slams Bannon: 'White supremacist' now on security council

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
a reply to: Kettu

I share Bannon's goal. "The State" is totally filled with corruption. These are the people who have led us to $20 Trillion in debt, something we will likely never be able to come back from. They have led us into disastrous wars in the ME. They have time and again acted against the American working class. What exactly about these SOBs should we be trying to save?

You do realize that we nearly paid off the national debt under Bill Clinton's presidency, right? We could have paid it off by 2012 if it wasn't for Bush Jr. and that whole pesky Iraq war that had nothing to do with 9.11:

Planet Money has obtained a secret government report outlining what once looked like a potential crisis: The possibility that the U.S. government might pay off its entire debt.

We recently obtained the report through a Freedom of Information Act Request. You can read the whole thing here. (It's a PDF.) The report is called "Life After Debt". It was written in the year 2000, when the U.S. was running a budget surplus, taking in more than it was spending every year. Economists were projecting that the entire national debt could be paid off by 2012.

It seems that at the very highest levels of this planet (we're talking the richest 50 people or so) -- having a debt-free USA is seen as a bad thing.

I smell a conspiracy to swap back and forth between Democrats and Republicans. One pays down the debt, the other makes it explode through defense spending and wars.

In the end, we end up never paying down the debt -- because it would lead to a global financial meltdown.

The U.S. borrows money by selling bonds. So the end of debt would mean the end of Treasury bonds.

But the U.S. has been issuing bonds for so long, and the bonds are seen as so safe, that much of the world has come to depend on them. The U.S. Treasury bond is a pillar of the global economy.

Banks buy hundreds of billions of dollars' worth, because they're a safe place to park money. Mortgage rates are tied to the interest rate on U.S. treasury bonds.

The Federal Reserve — our central bank — buys and sells Treasury bonds all the time, in an effort to keep the economy on track. If Treasury bonds disappeared, would the world unravel? Would it adjust somehow?

NPR

So, we were on track to pay off the debt...secret government report was done to study the damage it would cause the world economy...then we get Bush Jr. instead of Gore elected and go to war in Iraq and spend untold billions.

I smell the beginnings of a new conspiracy to keep the USA in debt. Maybe?
edit on 2-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

We are $20 Trillion in debt and headed for financial ruin, why do you still support this corrupt system? Keeping "The State" in tact will do nothing but guarantee our destruction, what have you seen from them that gives you confidence they will do anything to improve our situation?

No, we're really not. See my reply above.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I agree with you, which is why these SOBs need to be destroyed. You're not under the illusion that Bush and Obama are on opposite sides are you? They play for the same team. And FYI, Obama garnered as much debt as every other President combined. "The State" needs flushed down the toilet, at least Bannon is man enough to admit it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I disagree.
The government is the primary source of what is ruining America already.

Capitalism is what enriches anyone who is willing to really try to enrich themselves.
The only thing that gives the "little guy" a fighting chance is himself, not a bunch of government agencies or other organizations.

Just about everything I've heard from the Trump Administration so far strengthens our position globally, could you please define what actions you are specifically saying are going to turn us into a 3rd world nation and elaborate why?

No one's suggesting burning anything to the ground either, we were talking about discontinuing the employment of tons of useless bureaucrats, just because the word "Fired" is used doesn't mean it actually has anything to do with incendiary methods. It's just a phrase.

I think you are going way off the deep end with an extreme prediction of a future anarchy. No one here suggested eliminating the Constitution or any of the three branches of government in totality. The courts, the Congress, and the Executive branch have their places. The suggestion was that most Executive agencies are a waste of $ and we would do better off without a handful if not the majority of them.

The entire spoken position on the agenda currently is against everything you're suggesting it 'secretly' is. I am just at a loss to understand how you can take the opposite from that to such a strong extreme. I have hunches but I'd rather let you explain your position in detail than to assume things about it before I learn more.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Nancy Pelosi shows us how hypercritical she is every day. And today she is standing up once again just to make sure we don't forget.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) slammed Stephen Bannon on Thursday, saying President Trump's senior adviser is a racist who has no business sitting on the National Security Council (NSC).

“It's a stunning thing that a white supremacist, Bannon, would be a permanent member of the National Security Council,” Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol.

Link to article on The Hill

“What's making America less safe is to have a white supremacist named to the National Security Council as a permanent member while the chairman of the joint chiefs and the director of national intelligence are told, 'Don't call us, we'll call you. You're no longer permanent members,’” Pelosi said.

Does the left not realize that just continuing to call someone a white supremacist doesn't make it true? If anything it will just convince the people that do feel this way to support this man. Find something real to say and then maybe someone will listen. Right now the left just sound like hysterical hens!

Of course this coming from a piece of work that got caught on a hot mic saying "Tell them your a muslim!" Because Rep Andre Carson doesn't count as much to her until you "give him his special star".

I hear you. I am not a trump nor bannon fan. However, I began reading Breitbart a while back based on the hysteria, and I realized that Bannon isn't a white supremacist, at least not based on any evidence I've seen.

I just had a huge debate with my roommate the other night on this exact topic, and I was explaining how people are just throwing around these terms white nationalist and racist far too often, especially around this election. We discussed Bannon. I managed to convince him that perhaps the media or left wasn't representing at least that accusation accurately regarding Bannon.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

That's why I liked Ron Paul's positions on most things.
He talked about flushing most agencies down the toilet pretty consistently.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I agree with you, which is why these SOBs need to be destroyed. You're not under the illusion that Bush and Obama are on opposite sides are you? They play for the same team. And FYI, Obama garnered as much debt as every other President combined. "The State" needs flushed down the toilet, at least Bannon is man enough to admit it.

And what is the rest of the world going to do while this happens? What becomes of the American people? What keeps China or Russia from invading, literally?

Do you like being #1 on planet Earth? Do you enjoy the fact that if aliens came here, they'd more than likely learn English first and probably want to speak the POTUS before any other world leaders?

Or do you want to live like Borat in some backwards, poverty-stricken country where foreign powers have taken control and possibly the UN has to step in?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Martin75

Calling someone racist doesnt make it true. You are correct.

It's his actions and editorial history that makes bannon a racist.

Oh and just so we're clear on the subject....so is trump.

I'm a liberal, but am not convinced. What evidence do you have that Bannon himself is a racist or "white supremacist?"

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I think that's the primary reason why the Democrats are doing so poorly and are collapsing from within.

Because their primary SOP is to call people racists, sexists, xenophobic homophobic Nazis or whatever.
They seem so strongly drawn to making these types of accusations without ever bothering to substantiate it to a satisfactory degree, and I believe the majority of the nation just got tired of it.

That's why I believe Trump won, because he somehow turned into the focal point that opposed that mentality.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

This is what the current State has in mind! They are globalist controlled anti-Americans. Our debt crisis is what's going to bring us down, and it's the current State that has led us down this path. Not sure why you are defending them?
edit on 2-2-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This kind of person makes me kind of angry, she calls someone a racist which causes a lot of people to start hating people of other colors. They can't do that kind of name calling to try to intimidate someone, that is not right. I have found that the people who call others racists the most are usually the most racist of all. They are siding with the minority, so they are racist against whites who have a different opinion then them.

I agree that many people (not all) are now abusing these concepts and terms. It cheapens them and also undermines any real activism around legitimate racism or bigotry.

Basically, some people are weaponizing such terms, knowing that it will either hush up an opponent or defame their character.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

And what is the rest of the world going to do while this happens? What becomes of the American people? What keeps China or Russia from invading, literally?

Large oceans, our strong navy, good diplomacy, economics and logistics, strong immigration laws, etc?

Russia and China simply have no viable chance to "invade" in this current global paradigm.
Maybe in 2080 they could achieve it but that's still unlikely considering the current situation.
A lot would have to change for it to even become feasible.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I am pro-Paul all the way! At this point in time they have no chance though, Trump is the best we could do.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I am pro-Paul all the way! At this point in time they have no chance though, Trump is the best we could do.

Let's hope that Trump will give us at minimum a Paul-lite platform.
I think it's looking somewhat hopeful and I am usually cynical so things are looking optimistic.

Now, if we could just get people to stop rioting and calling everyone racists over nothing, we'd be on the right track as a nation. Hahahh

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

When you cut the legs off a table, you don't have a table anymore.

The government isn't a company, and shouldn't be run like a business. Even Harvard's Business Review (published by the Harvard School of Business, where a ton of successful CEOs come from) maintains that countries are not companies, and they can't be run like them.

Yet many people (not least successful business executives themselves) believe that someone who has made a personal fortune will know how to make an entire nation more prosperous. In fact, his or her advice is often disastrously misguided.

I implore anyone that honestly believes that "the government should be run like a business!" read this article. It's a very well-written article that brings up a LOT of points people never consider about companies vs. countries.

It isn't a new article either, so it isn't tainted by this past election, or the politics surrounding it. Here's another excerpt:

Many people have trouble grasping the difference in complexity between even the largest business and a national economy. The U.S. economy employs 120 million people, about 200 times as many as General Motors, the largest employer in the United States. Yet even this 200-to-1 ratio vastly understates the difference in complexity between the largest business organization and the national economy. A mathematician will tell us that the number of potential interactions among a large group of people is proportional to the square of their number. Without getting too mystical, it is likely that the U.S. economy is in some sense not hundreds but tens of thousands of times more complex than the biggest corporation.

Moreover, there is a sense in which even very large corporations are not all that diverse. Most corporations are built around a core competence: a particular technology or an approach to a particular type of market. As a result, even a huge corporation that seems to be in many different businesses tends to be unified by a central theme.

The U.S. economy, in contrast, is the ultimate nightmare conglomerate, with tens of thousands of utterly distinct lines of business, unified only because they happen to be within the nation’s borders. The experience of a successful wheat farmer offers little insight into what works in the computer industry, which, in turn, is probably not a very good guide to successful strategies for a chain of restaurants.

Harvard Business Review - A Country Is Not a Company

edit on 2-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Wanted For Treason...........

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Why is Bannon a bad person?

He just is. He said it himself.

Darkness is Good. Evil is Good. All Hail Evil.

Who else turns evil into a good thing?

Remember Satan in the Garden of Eden? Exactly the same philosophy.

"Oh, Eve, don't believe what the Lord tells you, you can eat the fruit, your eyes will open, you'll get wise."

That's how we all got here.

No, he didn't say he was a bad person lol, your bias just interpreted it that way.

"I'm a nationalist. I'm an economic nationalist," he said in the interview. "The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia. The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f---ed over."

I couldn't agree with him more. As for your fairy tales, they aren't convincing.

I haven't seen a Republican policy in my lifetime that helped the lower or middle class... Only pro rich economic policies.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Large oceans, our strong navy, good diplomacy, economics and logistics, strong immigration laws, etc?

Russia and China simply have no viable chance to "invade" in this current global paradigm.
Maybe in 2080 they could achieve it but that's still unlikely considering the current situation.
A lot would have to change for it to even become feasible.

You realize that our strong navy is only possible because of the government, right? For each marine on the battlefield or sailor at sea, it takes a lot more than just a dude being handed a gun.

This isn't unique to our military either.

I get the impression people just think average Joes can just grab whatever guns they want to bring to the fight and show up for a military action.

Are there any 1st world nations, or anyone rivaling America's power that has such a setup? Just a "grab yer gun and muster!" type of military?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I guess you are not Old Enough to Remember the Late , Great , President Dwight D. Eisenhower . He was a Man of the People , Rich or Poor , and also knew the MIC would one Day Co Op the Republican Party to the Detriment of our Democratic Republic .

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i cant believe i missed this

bannon is the msm public enemy #1 only because he is not from nbc or cnn
they hate him because he is outside them

maddow keeps referencing him as bannon from britebart news, as if thats horrible and unforgivable

green is really not the color for the msm

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join