It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probiotic bacterias - a hidden agenda?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Be very careful with choline it can cause a lot of stomach problems. It with damage your stomach lining if you take to much.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: LuXTeN

Be very careful with choline it can cause a lot of stomach problems. It with damage your stomach lining if you take to much.

That's very true, just making sure you have around the daily requirement of it is all you have to do. As long as you eat some foods that contain decent amounts of choline or betaine, you would probably do good. They told people eggs were bad for cholesterol, that was a twisting of things, eggs can help people think better, choline is used by the brain and nervous system.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahasrara
a reply to: rickymouse

Definitely, we just need to eat raw foods. Every raw food comes with 100s of different bacteria that are on that food to eat it, so they help us eat it if they can live in our gut. 1000's of different bacteria are in our gut, but as we breast feed less, do more c-sections (both ways that babies get the right bugs), use anti-bacterial soap by the gallon, eat only processed and sterilized food (leaving only bad bugs), and most importantly, use antibiotics indiscriminately, we are killing our guts bacteria and no longer eating the foods that replace them.

I'm almost certain now that we'll find that almost all of our modern ailments, diabetes, maybe even autism spectrum are caused by gut bacteria issues.

I'm pessimistic that we can rely on a pharma company to provide us with their mix of bugs... where did they get them and how did they decide which ones? It doesn't even have to be a conspiracy - could just be the continued arrogance of pharma to think they know what is good for us.

Ignore all diets, government food pyramids, take a walk every day and, As rickymouse intimated, eat your barely washed organic vegetables - that's how you re-inoculate your gut!

Tardicus did have a good point about cats using the garden for a litter box up a few posts. If there is a cat hanging around the garden, then I guess you should wash the veggies. The best part is the peel though, soil microbes deposit some chemicals like B12 there on the carrot.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I used to take it when i was using smart drugs like piracetam and getting the balance right is very hard.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Thank you for letting me know. I'm always very careful with how much and what goes into my body. From what i read on the amazon reviews for it, people of all ages wrote in about their experiences with it, and i will say i was pleasantly surprised. Everything from brain fog, to a high rise in energy. Simply remarkable stuff.

From another website, low levels can be dangerous leading to the brain literally eating itself, so glad i get enough via eggs minus the whites.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I used to take it when i was using smart drugs like piracetam and getting the balance right is very hard.

I had provigil prescribed to combat the decline in my thinking when on the anti-eptileptic meds, it helped but it did not help the physical side effects I got from the anti-epileptic meds, they almost killed me. My neurologist told me she would not give me anymore, because the side effects were too bad, all five types had bad side effects. I quit everything including the provigil. without the epileptic meds the provigil actually made me really weird feeling, they made colors really stick out and my eyesight way too accute.

I don't take a choline supplement, there is some in a multivitamin I take once a week. I do take a multimineral pill every day, but I eat well enough to get my vitamins usually. Minerals are lost since I cook most of my veggies and I do that because the plant defense chemistries in raw veggies bother me a bit. I do get a couple dozen eggs every other week from friends who grow chickens and I eat about six or seven a week, that is plenty. My thinking has gotten a lot clearer since I started eating better foods, seventy five percent good homemade stuff with good ingredients and twenty five percent junk food like pizzas and restaurant foods and homemade fries. The mineral pill did the most for me along with boosting egg consumption up about double.

I am sixty one and have been reading a hell of a lot of research articles and retaining it. I took twenty six classes over the last year and a half on future learn too, not too smart, I ran out of classes there, I may have to find another site that offers free education. I can also take free college classes at universities online or at our local college after I turn sixty two. I think the colleges are trying to get donations from older people through their wills, I will capitalize on that and not donate, I may help my grandkids if they have a good plan to follow and drive to get ahead. If they just want to go school so they don't have to work for four years, they're on their own.
edit on 3-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Thank you, you always have great information!

Let me add that i also like using L-Carnitine. It's good for muscles as well amongst other things.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You're definitely onto something, though in our household probiotics are banned not for allergies, they are banned because every time I ever gave my kids something with probiotics, they would get sick soon after.

Anti-bacterial products are banned in my house for the same reason, if we purchased an anti-bac product because it was on offer, then returned to using non anti-bac products after finishing the bottle....my kids would get sick.

There's something to be said for keeping it simple, as evidenced by our experiences.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I wanted to add that Kefir is really awesome stuff.

It's easy to make yourself as well, I have milk grains and water grains. It's powerful stuff and it's Organic so you can make it however you like, and the grains are 'Alive' not dead.

Dead food is bad for your system, and does nothing for it. It's best to feed your body with live foods which actually do a world of good for you health wise and strength.

edit on 3-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

Thank you, you always have great information!

Let me add that i also like using L-Carnitine. It's good for muscles as well amongst other things.

Got to watch the L-carnatine. It is not bad as an occasional supplement but it can increase inflammation. If you have some of the genetics for things like Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis it can make them more active. It is found in meat, we need meat and meat does supply the right type of fat to power the heart and to keep the muscles from using their reserves which keeps you strong. But some of this chemistry can be stored in the blood vessels if we get too much of it.

I will not say it is bad, because it is only bad for some people. Others can process it better, and of course if you are exercising a lot it is beneficial. Remember, a lot of active people drop dead from heart attacks. Moderation is necessary with everything.

Here is a couple of articles about it. I try to find ones that are easy for people to understand.

www.health.harvard.edu...

www.sciencedirect.com...

The L-cystiene, another supplement, is usually derived from Chicken feathers and the hair of chinese people. People who chew on their hair may have a deficiency in it or possibly may be lacking an adequate amount of an enzyme.

They put L-cystine in pizza crust often. Now N-acetyle cystiene, or sometimes called NAC does have some medical benefits. It is in a better form and it does help protect our cells. Taking that all the time may actually help cancer grow too. I have the supplement for a medicine in my cabinet, it can help with problems sometimes.

umm.edu...

en.wikipedia.org...-Acetylcysteine

My soups contain NAC, if you make them a certain way this chemistry does not break down. NAC and taurine break down with heat, a hundred twenty some degrees for taurine and about two hundred and five degrees for NAC. Our body can convert NAC to taurine. Cats cant. Keeping the boiling point of the soup below two hundred degrees can be done, make sure to keep veggies, onions, some cabbage, and a little garlic in it and also about ten drops of tabasco sauce or a hot pepper when you boil it at all times and it will stay below that temperature. The sulfur and nitrogen compounds in the onions and hot pepper help to keep the concentrations of NAC building. It will have a settling effect on the mind, it relieves stress if you make it right.

I treat my Temporal Lobe epilepsy with food, I studied how to do this and modified my soup recipes a bit to increase the calming effect. Surprisingly, my original soup recipe I remembered from by grandfather making soup when I was a kid had this same taste and I always liked it. He was healthy and strong and rarely sick till one day when he died in his sleep at 86 years old.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I appreciate the information you've brought to the thread and I'd like to read up. Would you be kind enough to make a book recommendation?

To clarify, I did read thru the thread and notice the links you posted. I try to limit screen-reading, which is hard on my eyes.

If there's a good book(s) that you can recommend I'd appreciate it much.
edit on 3/2/2017 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I couldn't find the story at the OP link....but did find it doing a Bing search...linking for all here
www.cancersupportinternational.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I appreciate the information you've brought to the thread and I'd like to read up. Would you be kind enough to make a book recommendation?

To clarify, I did read thru the thread and notice the links you posted. I try to limit screen-reading, which is hard on my eyes.

If there's a good book(s) that you can recommend I'd appreciate it much.

I'm not much for books, although I have read some on various subjects. The problem with a book is that the author knows a lot about a subject, but that can usually be told in maybe three chaptors. Then they take other people's information and do not check out the parameters well enough so there is often a lot of slightly misapplied information in them. I thought about writing a book but the variables between how what I know are so different when you use it on people of different cultures that trying to suggest a change can cause long term health problems. Just like side effects of long term medicines give people problems starting after months to a year later.

I study research on places like NIH and many other medical sites and Colleges. If you want to learn a little about this stuff, there are classes on FutureLearn that can give you basics on some of this stuff. But remember, These people are looking at one way to fix things, some believe in medicines, some believe in adding more veggies to the diet. A lot of northern Europeans are not compatable with some plant defense chemistry consumed too often, these can make the people irrational and give them health complications. Throughout history northern Europeans ate certain foods in cycles, some foods like cabbage, potatoes, carrots, rutabaga, and onions were consumed year round and greens were more of a summer thing. So trying to change a diet too fast can trigger some bad problems for these people. The sulfur and nitrogen pathways are different epigenetically for some farther north people. You can't change diet in one or two generations without silencing wrong gene expression or you get health problems. Now, if they move to a different area where there is less cold and snow and more sun during the winter, they can eat more of the green veggies. The need for potatoes in the far north makes up for the lower sun. Potatoes contain a form of vitamin D that is a hormone, ready to use, you do not need the sun to convert the vitamin d. Too much potatoes and you can wind up calcifying soft tissue, like tendons and even parts of organs. But you can eat quite a bit of potatoes without having that happen, you need butter on the potatoes too, the vitamin K2 helps with proper metabolism. You can use any animal fat, vegi fat has k1 and some people cannot convert it to k2 at a high enough rate.

So I haven't found any good books, I thought about writing one, but I haven't found out how to identify the symptoms yet, there are so many symptoms that are the same for so many different deficiencies and diseases it is hard to tell what is what. Blood tests test what is available in the blood, our bodies make sure there is enough for our heart first. So blood tests can be wrong. Low blood volume in older people is something that is common, so the lower amount of blood needs to carry more of all nutrients around, including cholesterol and sugars. So the tests look bad but treating the symptoms does not help. Restoring blood volume is needed and hypovolemia happens because of reduced blood cell production as you age, stocks of supplies get low and stem cells get reduced in the marrow so we slow down. I have had low blood volume all my life, I go to sleep after donating a pint for around a day and a half,that only happens when volume is low. It actually induces a mild coma. I had to study what these tests actually mean and how the stuff can be way off. Along with hypovolemia you see hyponatremia once in a while and also a higher heart rate and a considerable difference in BP laying down or standing up or sitting.

I'm getting off the topic I suppose, but this information may be relevant to lots of people as they get older.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Thanks again. I will look into futurelearn.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I never liked the provogil pfizer brand of Modafinil the SunPharma brand was far superior. Im now trying out Armodafinil (waklert) by sunpharma which is an enantiopure of Modafinil with far less side effects.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I never liked the provogil pfizer brand of Modafinil the SunPharma brand was far superior. Im now trying out Armodafinil (waklert) by sunpharma which is an enantiopure of Modafinil with far less side effects.

I just boosted the use of sage in my soups and on chicken and I seemed to get a way better more focused feeling than those expensive meds. I even grow my own sage plant in the house, it smells great. They have it in poultry seasoning. The coop here sells dryed rubbed sage and it sounds expensive at twenty six bucks a pound, but it is very light, for two bucks you get way more organic sage than in the bottles of it in the stores. at half the price of the store stuff.

I studied where the modafinil chemistry comes from, I found that chemistry in other plants and even in some fish. A thousand bucks a month for the pills is way out of whack, I do better with just a little sage and avoiding all the doping chemistries they put in foods. I have to balance the doping chemistries with the cognitive enhancing effects to control my temporal lobe epilepsy.

Guess what, just because you get old, you do not have to get forgetful and you can still learn when you are old if you just moderate the doping chemistry.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

$1000 a month for pills? I just bought mine for $1 each offline. But then again its legal for me to import personal amounts into the uk.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Is this the same drug?
Adrafinil

A search claims Adrafinil to be the same basic substance as the prescription....
Although the maltodextrin as an ingredient is off-putting.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Adrafinil get coverted to modafinil in the stomach. Its overall a bit more harsh on the system than modafinil and shouldnt be taken on a daily basis. But yes its practically the same.

you also have to take a lot more of it 600mg t0 1200mg compared to 200mg of modafinil and 150mg of Armodafinl. So it will put a lot more stress on the liver.
edit on 4-2-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

$1000 a month for pills? I just bought mine for $1 each offline. But then again its legal for me to import personal amounts into the uk.

Wow, Mine were a thousand a month. I was prescribed two two hundred milligram tablets twice a day. They were prescribed to try to counteract the negative effects of the anti-epileptics on my mind. I had to quit taking those after they quit the anti-epileptics because they were killing me. I couldn't take them without the anti-epileptics, I could see the colored pollen and the bees around the flowers while driving down the road when I tried that, Actually that was the best buzz I ever had....Thinking now......I still have some left from 2008. Looking at the bottle anticipating the buzz.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join