It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fruit of the Loom logo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wish they would still put tags on our underwear. It is hard to put them on in the dark with the little rubberized screenprint when you get up in the morning. If I turn on the light then the wife gets mad, if you don't, then you get them on backwards sometimes and have to switch them around and the swearing wakes the wife and she bitches.

These new age liberal underwear producers are trying to ruin our lives by creating chaos in the family.

No wonder everyone is so riled up nowadays, the missing underwear tag is causing the problem.

I usually don't realise I have my draws on backwards until I leave the house.
I turn them around at work.
I don't know what people think if they look under the stall door and see me with my shoes and pants off for a minute.
edit on 2017-02-02T19:52:44-06:002201702America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Oh come on... no horn now?

It was dusky yellow-gold with a spiral ridge and the point was oriented up and to the left , depending on seeing the label from the front or back, of course... right?

It likely just changed in the 90's or something with an update from a new advertising company they contracted with, but I know 'fer sure ' it had the "horn of plenty" with fruit spilling out... at one time, but certainly in the 70's - 80's.

Next we'll find out there were no Underoos!

If there are no more records of a horn, then it MUST be another clothing company's label we're all conflating with Fruit O' the Loom, though I'm pretty sure it WAS FotL and have tactile, specific memories of a certain shirt from childhood with that label...

hmmm, but now that surety is fading as if a dream while I'm writing this... dumb brain just doing what it does, I guess.

I give up... if mad cow, then it's been nice. If some lab is injecting false memories into the population, then it works, guys, and please stop it.

If reality is breaking ... then oh well, facts were cool while they lasted and at least my drug abuse didn't matter in the long run.

Yep, I remember it like that too!

There was a little joke about Fotl around back in the 60's about why they were the best underwear to have.

At least where I lived,, anyone remember a joke?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

What kind of jeans are those!!! Pic would help!

I 'Member a cornucopia somewhere... maybe a TV commercial?? I thunk about this one for a bit and have concluded the label itself did not have one.

Compared to other manatee effects, this memory is slippery!! I was certain at one moment YES then it was Not Certain.

Strange how these work! No google or u-tube either just the old noggin so don't take my word for it...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, this company , Fruit of the Loom, went off-shore for manufacturing a year or two ago. There was a controversy about it as the town(s) they were in lost a lot of jobs. I wonder if this will be a company reeled back in the in the current endeavor?
edit on 2-2-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I never did understand the connection between underwear and fruit, do some people stick fruit in their underwear?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I guess it's the "fruit" of the labor on the loom.

It is my preferred brand. This is after debuting a bunch of different brands, inc military underwear, lol.
edit on 2-2-2017 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
delete
edit on 2-2-2017 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I just figured the underwears were the fruit of the loom.
The loom bears the fruit of underwears.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Good drawls BTW.
Much better than Jockey drawls.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Just punch a hole in the front, just below the elastic - problem solved...feel the hole.
Or you dont worry about it and next time you wake the wife up and she rants throw your old dirty pair at her and say it's her fault.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

"It's not about the front. It's about having the front in the back." -Libs

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
Weird ... well, maybe, that is.

I remember the "horn" in older labels on hand-me-downs from older brothers in the 70's, and so thought the horn was on the labels in the 60's but, like you, know newer FotLs only have the fruit and just reasonably thought they modernized their logo.

So my own memory has both versions... but I remember tracing the horn on a label of an older shirt and wondering what it was supposed to be and looking up a cornucopia when I was little. I absolutely know there was a horn, just like that mock up picture.

If this IS some weirdness and not just lack of info, then.. .weird.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Oh man, I almost remember that silly poop joke/play on words from the 70's.

But it's not surfacing yet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join