It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, but what is the point of it all?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdKiller
The path of least resistance disproves any theory the scientific community could put forth. Because growth is not the logical path for their model of death worship called science.

I disagee.

Life is the result of chemistry. Some proteins felt the urge to aggregate and begin forming life. Atoms are intended to fit together. The universe operates on rules that encourage life, seemingly as an offset to entropy. To create balance.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Interestingly enough, many scientist believe that without Entropy, life would never have come to be in our universe.

It does make sense, because Entropy isn't just going from order to disorder, but it means change. Things changing from one thing to another.

Without Entropy, the universe would have remained steady and unchanging, which means heavier elements would have never formed, and without those heavier elements forming the Earth itself would never have formed, nor any life.

So in it's way, it's a interesting way to look at things: Order to Disorder means Change. Changes leads to new things forming, which in themselves go from Order to Disorder.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Nicely put.

What im getting at is its a balance. Entropy is one side of that equation. The other is life and other aggregating forces. A cycle, as you reference.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely.

Balance is a great way to describe it. Mainly because of the question about energy that came about. It was well understood that you can not destroy or create energy, you can only convert it from one form to another.....which meant that our universe has a finite amount of energy created at the Big Bang.

Entropy helps describe what is happening to that energy that you can't create or destroy. It's going from order to disorder, or put another way: spread out.

So balance is maintained. Just as if we had a lump of clay, with the rule that you can neither add clay to it, nor take any away, that clay can be molded into all sorts of different things still. But the balance of what makes it up is still there.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So then we can say that is the purpose of religion, to give our lives meaning. What is the purpose of God, to give our lives some meaning?. Then what are morals, what is right and what is wrong? We know to kill for fun or to steal is wrong. But why is it wrong?
If we are just a production of a complex chemical reaction and evolved then what is the reason for any kind of morality?
Just recently in the news, a husband and wife were caught abusing their 13 children for years. We instinctively know this is wrong, but why?
Is moral behavior a consequence of evolution or is there more to it all?
We all have our opinions and beliefs.
It just seems we are in a test.
I just hope I get a passing grade.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23067212]bigfatfurrytexan

I disagee.

Life is the result of chemistry.

I’d say that bodies are the result of chemistry unless you can show that an atom is alive...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Because Jesus loves you or something.

Actually, there is no point. You'll find this out when you die.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I once read that life evolved to dissipate energy faster to reach a lower energy state; tend faster towards disorder (entropy). Even though life is highly ordered, as a whole, the planet would tend towards disorder faster.
If this is true then I guess an earth without life with dissipate energy from the sun slower than an earth teeming with life.
In conclusion, life's purpose would be to efficiently dissipate energy.

Here is the link to the article I was talking about. I don't think my description did it any justice.
www.quantamagazine.org...

"From the standpoint of physics, there is one essential difference between living things and inanimate clumps of carbon atoms: The former tend to be much better at capturing energy from their environment and dissipating that energy as heat. Jeremy England, a 31-year-old assistant professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has derived a mathematical formula that he believes explains this capacity."

edit on 12-2-2018 by Deluxe because: Adding source.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deluxe
In conclusion, life's purpose would be to efficiently dissipate energy.

This is one of those scientific answers that isn't really an answer. The question remains, "For what reason does life more efficiently dissipate energy?"

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
It's the Second Law of Thermodynamics. As far as I know our Alien creators or some God defined that law or it just is.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deluxe
It's the Second Law of Thermodynamics. As far as I know our Alien creators or some God defined that law or it just is.

Because the game designer recognized that if this doesn't happen you can't level up.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Exactly

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekAnswers

I can only speak from my own experience but I would guess that our sense of morality stems from our interconnectedness... if we are able to empathize or sympathize with another individual or a group of individuals.... and are able to put ourselves in their position and have the associated emotions with it ...that in itself would create a self-regulating morality. Imo

edit on 12-2-2018 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Deluxe

Wow. That is actually pretty genius. So life would somewhat simply be a result of higher-efficiency thermodynamics laws.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy
Yeah man. Morality has a benefit to survival.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join