It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP Polarizing Your Customers!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I see what your saying. However it's those businesses neck on the line should they decide to take a stance in politics. Let them rise and fall as the market demands, that is the way it should work anyhow.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Businesses declaring themselves either pro OR anti Trump need to remember the first 2 rules of customer service

1) NEVER discuss politics
2) NEVER discuss religion

That's it.

Companies that do this will be a massive success. Companies that take stands on political or religious issues will lose customers that disagree with their stand.

No matter your stand (on either side), you'll have customers that strongly disagree with you and will take their service elsewhere.
edit on 2-2-2017 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
You bring up a good point. The quote is "Would you rather be right, or would you rather be rich?" Not sure who said it. I read that somewhere.

If you have a serious issue then go for it. But as a business owner you want to serve everyone. None of my customers know who I voted for...it's none of their business. I serve trump supporters and hillary supporters equally well, even if I disagree with them.

Well done, Sir. (or Ma'am) You will succeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Been in business for a long time, politics and religion and sometimes the gay issue are not good discussions no matter what side you support. If they try to start convincing you to to join with them, just try selling them a toilet or snowblower, anything they did not come in there for.

Good for you, and what a good policy.

Just FYI, the "gay issue" IS a political discussion.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
And, we have another fresh example of corporate ignorance.

For those that can't watch, Audi has taken it upon itself to produce some ridiculous SJW inspired super bowl commercial that virtue signals about "muh feminist values".

The wave of dislikes on their YouTube video is an indication of how warmly this commercial will be received by a public that is quite sick of their sh!T.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lughnasadh

originally posted by: StallionDuck

There is a difference in who you want to serve based on something you believe in and cutting your customer base in half because of politics.

They simply refused the right to not serve certain people based on their beliefs... oh yeah... beliefs that should not be infringed upon.

I AM reading what you said..

Unless you were trying to say something not written?

Constitutionally we are unable to infringe upon the rights of others. You can't infringe upon the rights of Christians based on their belief. You can not make them do something they by their own religion stops them from doing.

You do not have a right to be able to buy what you want where you want. No where is that written.

If I owned a store, even in my belief that certain things are wrong, I still follow to the best of my ability "Judge not less ye be judged". So by that, I don't have the right to judge a person who is doing something against my belief, I am just restrained from doing it myself. It doesn't stop me from selling a cake to that person.

However... Based upon "infringe upon the rights of others", that baker may take the same scenario and be justified because his beliefs in the same religion says he should do so. The difference is, I may be more moderate than he is even though we're following the same source, we choose to focus on a different message. He also has the right to refuse service to anyone. It doesn't matter if he's a business, small or large.

Politics is NOT a religion and is NOT protected under the same laws. You can't discriminate on certain elements but obviously you can on others. People are doing this today and even though they can get away with it, it's foolish, it's stupid and it's ignorant.

For example:

Stupid - having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense

Ignorant - lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

Both seem the same but are different. Close... but no.

Politics is close in a way that people use it as though it was a religion and you would believe it is for some people but it's not.

Next point....

I'm not pointing out the "one sided"Ness of the OP. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of it.

See... Those two terms are the same thing in the manner of how you're using them.

You're grasping for straws, you're reading between some line that isn't there and I really believe you're arguing for the sake of arguing because the one sidedness you think you see is the one side you're on. It's akin to that guilty feeling people get when something they can relate to is brought up. You're being defensive, not because the point is about business using politics to separate people, but because the loudest of the guilty parties happen to be on your side.

Simply put... My post would only be hypocritical if I were saying that liberal sided businesses should shut up about their political views but it's ok for conservative sided businesses when I've already plainly said that NO, it's NOT ok for any side. Politics should stay in it's own place and should not be used in a manner that will divide your customer base as a business.

Let's look at the NFL. Let's say GaGa denounces Trump at the Super Bowl. I'm guessing that the NFL knows well that probably MOST of their viewers are conservative and likely voted for Trump. This is a guess mind you but those guys are very stern when they say that she will not do so. Why? Look what happened when one of the players on just one of the teams went rogue over the National Anthem. You really think they want to make that divide? No. When half (or more... way more perhaps) stop watching because of some BS stunt GaGa pulled (and still could), they will loose and they will loose BIG.

Personally... I'm making a list of all of these companies doing this stupid crap and I'm not giving one red cent to any of them for the next 4 years because of principle alone. That includes conservative businesses! Sure... my pennies don't do much, but it's my own stubborn personal choice because it makes me feel like I'm at least doing something.

...for those that wish to add to that list, please feel free to offer names and I'll continue on.
edit on 3-2-2017 by StallionDuck because: fixed code

top topics

<< 1   >>

join