It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden has banned Muslims!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
...or at least that's how the lying mainstream media would put it.

Sweden has extended border controls with its southern neighbor Denmark until May to battle the illegal migration flow, after Brussels agreed to extend the emergency border checks

Over one million migrants and refugees arrived in Europe in 2015. The influx of people into the continent caused disputes amongst EU states over how to manage the flow. One of the solutions found by some states was not to allow migrants in.

Source

Sweden, as we all know, has been bombarded with migrants. They've found it necessary to put certain border controls in place in order to combat illegal immigration, which is a very common-sense thing that just about every country in the world does. I felt it important to point this story out in comparison to the recent MSM news about Trump "banning Muslims" or protecting the southern border with Mexico. Nations all over the world protect their borders - even the ones who are doing the most to take in refugees.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz A local historian I admire once said in interview: "The war was never between the east and the west, its how it portrayed itself, but the real conflict had always been the north against the south."

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Shouldn't your thread title be the title of the article instead of blatant click bait.

I cant find where it says Sweden banned muslims in the article.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
...or at least that's how the lying mainstream media would put it.

Sweden has extended border controls with its southern neighbor Denmark until May to battle the illegal migration flow, after Brussels agreed to extend the emergency border checks

Over one million migrants and refugees arrived in Europe in 2015. The influx of people into the continent caused disputes amongst EU states over how to manage the flow. One of the solutions found by some states was not to allow migrants in.

Source

Sweden, as we all know, has been bombarded with migrants. They've found it necessary to put certain border controls in place in order to combat illegal immigration, which is a very common-sense thing that just about every country in the world does. I felt it important to point this story out in comparison to the recent MSM news about Trump "banning Muslims" or protecting the southern border with Mexico. Nations all over the world protect their borders - even the ones who are doing the most to take in refugees.

Actually sweden has not been "bombarded with immigrants. Sweden has from top to bottom from high up in the goverment all the way down to regular joe and jane open up their country to them willingly and defended everything that went wrong because of it ever since until now. Rape has risen %1000 because of it.

Sweden was one of the most naive countries (read: liberal) in the world but they have lately been sending immigrants back and trying to put a halt on new ones comming in because they are now in a situation that even the most hardcore libs cannot deny anymore.

Case in point, the following astounding truth:

Germany

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2017 12:00:09 -06001720172America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
P.S It is really good to see one of the most hardcore liberal countries in the world admitting they made a big mistake, not that they have much of a choice though.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

That rule is only for the Breaking News forums.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Shouldn't your thread title be the title of the article instead of blatant click bait.

The point he is making with that is to show how ridiculous the media over here are by calling it that.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Did you even read the post?
The first line is "...or at least that's how the lying mainstream media would put it. "

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
How about this is old news. Sweden implemented this back in 2015 and it's set to expire next week.

Sweden’s controls along its border with Denmark will be continued for three more months when they expire on February 11.

“The need for order and security remains high,” Swedish PM Stefan Löfven told the news agency TT. “We are still in an uncertain state.”

Border controls were introduced in late 2015 to curb the number of asylum-seekers trying to get into Sweden. Despite sharply declining numbers of asylum-seekers, Sweden has chosen to extend the checks.

cphpost.dk...

Oh dear....Trollz got "trolled".

edit on 2-2-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Good. Nobody likes Muslims or the loser liberals who identify with them.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Meaning Europeans against Muslims?

Clarify?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HVTONE

I am a White, 52 year old Conservative male, from the South and I have nothing against Muslims in general, only those who use their religion as an excuse to harm others. I don't hate anyone based on their color, sexual preference or their religion, so, no, not "everyone" hates Muslims.

I won't comment on Liberals.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's nice to see the Swedes learn things the hard way. I am a Finn.

It isn't the Musslims that are a problem, integration of any new cultures into a country needs to be done slowly and with the help of others of that culture already in that country. We do not think or comprehend things like Muslims, we need to get the help of the good Muslim community to help to teach these people the ways of the culture we live in. Dumping a bunch of refuges into a country won't work.
edit on 2-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've never read the Swedish constitution, do they even have one? It's a monarchy, right?

We, however, have a constitution that plainly forbids such behavior. Why start tearing down the document that's made us great for two and half centuries?

It's almost as if there is this invisible hand slowly shaping American opinion away from supporting the constitution, getting people to accept small defeats in the name of security. Larger pieces getting chipped away comes later once we've been conditioned to accepting defeat.

The constitution is the greatest obstacle of the globalist agenda, protect every single word in it unless you wanna see it all go away.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I can't believe the camera guy's didn't knock the absolute crud out of those assaulters. I would have smashed all their faces in hard core. It only keeps happening when nobody does anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Last night I read somewhere that Kuwait banned visas for the same list of countries that Trump's ban did.... back in 2011.

US President Donald Trump's Muslim ban is nothing new to the rulers of Kuwait.

Syrians, Iraqis, Iranians, Pakistanis and Afghans have not been able to obtain visit, tourism or trade visas to Kuwait since 2011, in a move which seemingly pre-empted US restrictions on seven Muslim-majority countries.

Passport holders from the countries are not allowed to enter the Gulf state while the blanket ban is in place, and have been told not to apply to visas.

Kuwaiti sources originally told local media that the restrictions were in place due to the "instability" in the five countries and that the ban would be lifted once the security situation improves.

The New Arab
I guess they are anti-Muslim too, eh?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I am a White, 52 year old Conservative male, from the South and I have nothing against Muslims in general, only those who use their religion as an excuse to harm others. I don't hate anyone based on their color, sexual preference or their religion, so, no, not "everyone" hates Muslims.

I used to feel the same way. But then I noticed that, as in a few of the videos above, when authority looks the other way or they grow to sufficient number, the true colors shine through and the violence begins. At this point I honestly do not believe there is such a thing as a moderate muslim any more. There are only muslims who lack the sufficient number to act out on their beliefs and instincts. As their numbers grow I fully expect to see them behave the same way as these criminals.

For the record, at least on this subject, I would be very happy to have to admit I was wrong.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HVTONE
Good. Nobody likes Muslims or the loser liberals who identify with them.

That's not true.

Muslims love Muslims.

The Muslims refugees should actually be sent to the peaceful Muslim nations, where they will be accepted with love and affection.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
a reply to: trollz A local historian I admire once said in interview: "The war was never between the east and the west, its how it portrayed itself, but the real conflict had always been the north against the south."

I'd be interested to know who said that, and what war they were speaking about. I googled the quote, but didn't find anything matching. Perhaps it was a paraphrase? Got any info that will help me to learn more about the context of this quote or perhaps find a way to listen to, view, or read a transcript of, said interview?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: DAVID64

I used to feel the same way. But then I noticed that, as in a few of the videos above, when authority looks the other way or they grow to sufficient number, the true colors shine through and the violence begins. At this point I honestly do not believe there is such a thing as a moderate muslim any more. There are only muslims who lack the sufficient number to act out on their beliefs and instincts. As their numbers grow I fully expect to see them behave the same way as these criminals.

For the record, at least on this subject, I would be very happy to have to admit I was wrong.

I'm afraid this may be quite the apt observation, my friend. All the times you see the "peaceful" ones, it is when they are too small in number and must appease the public, all the while biding their time...

I wonder, how many times an Islamic Terrorist plot been stopped because the people in the same Mosque, or same family or community as the terrorist spoke out and did something or alerted authorities?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join