It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany now paying refugees to leave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Germany has launched a program for asylum-seekers that offers up to €1,200 (almost $1,300) to applicants who voluntarily decide to go back to their home countries.

Under the scheme, any participant over 12 years old will receive €1,200 after they withdraw their application for asylum in Germany. Rejected asylum-seekers who decide not to appeal the decision in court will be provided with €800.

Source

Germany has decided to start paying refugees to withdraw their asylum applications and go back to their home countries to ease the burden of taking so many in... However, this new plan is just a new burden - a financial one. Approximately $1,300 will be given to each applicant who withdraws their asylum application. The article says that last year in 2016, approximately 55,000 asylum seekers chose to return to their home countries. With the new incentive of being paid to do so, let's assume all of those 55,000 were to have accepted payment. That will have added up to over $71 million - not a small amount of money. It isn't just refugees who have been accepted into Germany, though; rejected asylum seekers will also be paid if they choose not to appeal their rejection.
I can easily foresee this turning into a huge mess for Germany.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I can easily foresee this turning into a huge mess for Germany.

I think it is already a huge mess. The German government does not have a clue. Oh well, they asked for it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

How would that work? I mean they've still got open boarders or at least welcoming almost all who come to their shores so if there was any smart "refugees" I'd take the deal and then come back lol but saying that the fault of Europe being over run falls heavily on her shoulders (not including Assad obviously) she attempted to write over the history of her country and what Hitler did (yes it's still something that some Germans believe they owe the world an apology for from what I've seen and read) and so she opened her arms and welcomed them all and is now regretting it but the funny part in all this is that she'll still get reelected because well I have no clue lol but yep the blame should fall on her very square shoulders.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Germany has launched a program for asylum-seekers that offers up to €1,200 (almost $1,300) to applicants who voluntarily decide to go back to their home countries

So theyre not paying the to leave , some sort of financial assistance if they decide on their own to leave?
Am i wrong

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hmm, RT is known as a propaganda channel and for not telling the whole truth sometimes, like any other MSM member on this world is too.

I am just wondering, it is related to germany but there is not an article about that on the german RT page.
RT German 2 Feb, 2017

Coincidence? Or would the german RT readers maybe mention that something might be wrong with this story about germany?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Lord Rothschild & Soros should foot the bill.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It will encourage more. Come in. Collect a pay check and leave.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why can't Saudi Arabia take in these refugees. They are rich with oil. They have the right Muslim type society to accept Muslims. Why aren't they doing their part?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Why can't Saudi Arabia take in these refugees. They are rich with oil. They have the right Muslim type society to accept Muslims. Why aren't they doing their part?

Who knows, maybe wrong kind of Muslim? Lets be honest though, no one "wants" them, they just don't want to be labeled racist or fascist more.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Why would it be a mess? It is far more expensive to pay social money to refguees and, if they are not granted refugee protection, to ship them home by airplane accompanied medics, policemen and whatnot.

This 800/1200€ of the German government is, BTW, only an additional grant - the European Union grants those who go back a much higher sum of money, a family of 5 can easily fetch 5000€ and more, plus tickets and travel costs.

Meanwhile, almost all refugees in Germany have been registered, though - which means that biometric data has been taken and they also have been put into a special and updated database (which was the biggest obstacle so far, because many countries had incompatible databases and/or inputs were delayed for many weeks, also, there was not any biometric for most refugees).

Anyway, the grants do not apply for all nations, people from Syria do no get any (no wonder, because people fleeing fro a war country anre not supposed to get money to go back there), and most Balcan states are exempt from the grants as well (in Germany, the Balcan "refugees" make up a big percentage of all refugees).

In the constitution of Germany, btw, there is a paragraph that allows each and every person to claim asylum (or GFK protection). This is why people will be accepted when they come to the German border and say "Asylum". And they are not required to present a passport because people who are really fleeing from a country eg. for political reasons are not likely to get a passport issued from that goverment.

But anyway - this all will and can only change when the constitution would be achnged, but for such a change of the constitution, no political majority can be found, and I am not sure it could be found in the forseeable future. As you know, this right was put into the constitution after the Second World War where many Germans were fleeing their country and claimes Asylum in other countries - Germany wanted to make up for that in the future. Of course, times have changed, nations have changed, the geopolitical situatio has changed ... but that paragraph still sits in the constitution.

As of now, Germany flies in every month 500 refugees from the EU border nations Italy and Greece - and, from next mont on, also 500 from Turkey (due to that silly treaty with Turkey, which has itself an interesting geopolitical background).

Well this information is just to straigthen some things out - not to promote or condemn what is going on.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Did you know that it is not possible to go on an individual travel to S-A? They simply do not want anyone not Saudi-Arabian and not slave-like low level worker (one has eg. to surrender its passport to a "sponsor" when working in S-A) ... it is not only about refugees or Christians there...
Oh, and plus - they have their own little dirty war over there, with and in Yemen (with the adversaries sponsored by Iran).

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Soros is financing quite a few refugee-related issues - way too much to list them (mostly "help" and "refugee right" organisations). He does have quite some influence on what is going on.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Hmm, RT is known as a propaganda channel and for not telling the whole truth sometimes, like any other MSM member on this world is too.

I am just wondering, it is related to germany but there is not an article about that on the german RT page.
RT German 2 Feb, 2017

Coincidence? Or would the german RT readers maybe mention that something might be wrong with this story about germany?

No idea, it has been in all of German newspapers anyway, can be read on the official Interior ministry pages also. See here (in official English translation):
www.bmi.bund.de...

RT is most of the times not reporting false things, but rather not reporting the whole thing anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

They won't even discuss it anymore. They have said it would create a "cultural conflict".

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
No, this can't be true, all of the evil right-wingers who said that this mass influx of Muslims into Germany would cause problems are nothing more than xenophobic racists. These Muslims are doing nothing but making Germany strong and prosperous and tolerant and diverse. There's no reason Germany would be paying them to get the hell out. Must be fake news put out by conservatives.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
They can get more help back home for the same net cost to Germany. An excellent model, partly because it takes some wealth back into the needy countries, but not through corrupt local governments.

I took a guess at the amount of remuneration before looking at the article. It seems spot-on.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's not surprising that Germany has liberal immigration/asylum laws.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
wow, what happened to Germany who neutered them?

paying them to leave?? how about offering them a nice shower, that`s the Germany we all know and love.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Under the scheme, any participant over 12 years old will receive €1,200 after they withdraw their application for asylum in Germany. Rejected asylum-seekers who decide not to appeal the decision in court will be provided with €800.

Source

Germany has decided to start paying refugees to withdraw their asylum applications and go back to their home countries to ease the burden of taking so many in... However, this new plan is just a new burden - a financial one. Approximately $1,300 will be given to each applicant who withdraws their asylum application. .

So..., where are they going to go? Can they just go the country next door? how can Germany be certain they will not return under another identity or illegally? and what will happen to them if they do return illegally? Is there a minimum period of time they must stay out of the country and will they be permitted to return as visitors/tourists or under family reunion visits/programs?

Will France, Holland, Norway, Sweeden, Denmark etc etc all have the same idea. i.e I'll send my lot to yours and you'll send your lot to me ......

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: trollz

Source

Germany has decided to start paying refugees to withdraw their asylum applications and go back to their home countries to ease the burden of taking so many in... However, this new plan is just a new burden - a financial one. Approximately $1,300 will be given to each applicant who withdraws their asylum application. .

So..., where are they going to go? Can they just go the country next door? how can Germany be certain they will not return under another identity or illegally? and what will happen to them if they do return illegally? Is there a minimum period of time they must stay out of the country and will they be permitted to return as visitors/tourists or under family reunion visits/programs?

Will France, Holland, Norway, Sweeden, Denmark etc etc all have the same idea. i.e I'll send my lot to yours and you'll send your lot to me ......

Norway is not part of the EU. We will not take these refugees, we have closed our borders. Sorry about the messed up post, don't know how to fix this. All parts in bold are mine.
edit on 3-2-2017 by pompel9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join