It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Next Level BS still think right wing terror is the biggest threat

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Dear Neo,

I haven't seen you denounce the right-wing, Trump supporting, white nationalist terrorist who murdered six people praying in a mosque in Quebec. Do you feel personally responsible for this terrorist attack? Do you feel obligated to go out of your way to vocally denounce right-wing terrorism?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

ALL Members: Listen Up NOW!

All of you need to STOP and click on the link below, there have been changes to the rules for the Political Mud Pit forum.

So click on it, and read through it

NOW

All of you need to be aware of the rules prior to posting anymore in this thread or any other Political Mud Pit thread:

Political Mud Pit Forum Guidelines (Revised 02/02/2017)

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What an odd thing to say when every single Liberal or Leftist member that I've seen comment on this, has stated that the violence is wrong.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Only leftists can label half the country as deplorable and get away with it.

Did "leftists" label half the country as deplorable? No. A single person did. And technically, it was "half of Trump's supporters" that Clinton called deplorable. Yet somehow you think that every person on the left is responsible for every other person on the left.

So, let's try an experiment. I'll say to you the same thing that I said to Neo:

I haven't seen you denounce the right-wing, Trump supporting, white nationalist terrorist who murdered six people praying in a mosque in Quebec. Do you feel personally responsible for this terrorist attack? Do you feel obligated to go out of your way to vocally denounce right-wing terrorism?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I haven't seen you denounce the right-wing, Trump supporting, white nationalist terrorist who murdered six people praying in a mosque in Quebec.

Well the first problem with that false equivalence is some one trying to apply American race relations/history to another Country.

That dog don't hunt.

Secondly some one is not only trying to apply American politics more or less, but that of a European country in the 20th century.

So we're at two fails thus far.

Do you feel personally responsible for this terrorist attack?

Should I ?

Do you feel obligated to go out of your way to vocally denounce right-wing terrorism?

Well now I take a page from Above Top Secret Terms and conditions.

Where I am responsible for my own posts.

Ip so facto I am responsible for my own actions.

Not some one else's.

But hey BACK to the false equivalence.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What an odd thing to say when every single Liberal or Leftist member that I've seen comment on this, has stated that the violence is wrong.

So a half dozen people "say" violence is wrong while we see violence repeated daily by leftist "protestors" or rioters or free speech advocates".

Not sure what you call them.

I'm also sure that anyone who supports the violence would not be very vocal about it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

White pan-nationalism isn't an American, Canadian, British, etc phenomenon — it's a right-wing political movement that exists in dozens of countries. (which is why it should properly be called "white pan-nationalism")

Much like how the alt-right and support for Trump aren't exclusively American phenomena.

How many of the die hard Trump supporting posters on ATS aren't American? Would you argue that you're not to some degree politically aligned with these folks because they're not Americans?

And that's not to mention the fact that the impetus for this thread was the shutdown of Milo Yiannopoulos's speaking engagement at UC Berkely. Milo being a Brit who is also a prominent Donald Trump supporter and somebody I'm sure you feel a political kinship with.

But when it comes to a Canadian Trump supporting white pan-nationalist, "Oh no! That's CANADA! Got nothin' to do with the American right-wing!"

Where I am responsible for my own posts.

Ip so facto I am responsible for my own actions.

Not some one else's.

That was exactly the point I was trying to make, thank you.

edit on 2017-2-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

White pan-nationalism isn't an American, Canadian, British, etc phenomenon — it's a right-wing political movement that exists in dozens of countries. (which is why it should properly be called "white pan-nationalism")

People really need to stop throwing around that term. Right wing.

They haven't gotten it right yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It's clear that some share the same values and ideological aspects of those who would kill anyone who doesn't think like them.

It's unsettling.

I don't subscribe to any specific "ideology" myself. But when a clone of mine goes on a rampage, I will be sure to post a vague dismissal of it like so many already do.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What's unsettling to me is the fact of the repeated attempts to compare apples to oranges.

Every single country is different.

Different political process's.Different socioeconomics, Different EVERYTHING.

And they sit there and think that can compare the two.

When the terms LEFT wing and RIGHT wing were coined.

The only thing it had to do with was where people sit.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I've yet to see anyone say, "Wow. Our "side" is really screwing up".

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've yet to see anyone say, "Wow. Our "side" is really screwing up".

Me either.

Bout the only thing I hear is fascist this. fascist that, and excuses made for thugs, and criminal behavior.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Welp, nobody died last night, but a white, right-wing terrorist killed 6 people in an attack on a Canadian mosque a couple of weeks ago.

*shrug* But that's none of my business, right?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well... we're conversing on ATS so I figured that context was fitting. However, you can peruse the internet and find plenty of liberal condemnation, accusations of controlled opposition and blame if Milo gets even more popular because of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Welp, nobody died last night, but a white, right-wing terrorist killed 6 people in an attack on a Canadian mosque a couple of weeks ago.

*shrug* But that's none of my business, right?

And Trump has yet to comment.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Rioting is not terrorism. If you are going to make a comparison you should at least get your definitions correct.

That riot was a concerted effort to keep people from listening to a speaker that the rioters disagree with politically.

They were using violence to convince someone to pull the plug on the speaking engagement and it worked.

Why isn't that terrorism?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Rioting is not terrorism. If you are going to make a comparison you should at least get your definitions correct.

Because rioting isn't a form of terrorism. It never was.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It isn't just the right wing, it's left wing, center wing, etc. Nearly every mainstream political movement is for the most part co-opted by bankers, privately wealthy individuals, secret societies, the military industrial complex, corporations, etc.

Clearly neither the right nor the left wing can openly and blatantly support terrorist groups (in the traditional sense, not just protesters) at home or abroad. This strategy loses it's effectiveness if the general public can clearly discern that terrorist acts are manipulated and are intended to further increase the power of the government, further implying that the biggest threat to the "ruling elites'" power is the people.

This isn't new.
edit on 2-2-2017 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Because rioting isn't a form of terrorism. It never was.

Here is the Oxford dictionary definition:

"The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims."

Which part doesn't jive with what happened in Berkeley???

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It all depends if what happened at UC Berkeley falls under the definition of "riot".

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join