It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Next Level BS still think right wing terror is the biggest threat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yes, there will always be extremists of every possible stripe, but ask yourself how many right wing vs. left wing social movements have been through the 7 Stages of an Extremist Hate Group.

STAGES OF HATE
Stage 1: Grouping
– Irrational haters seldom hate alone.

They feel compelled, almostdriven, to entreat others to hate as they do. Peer validation bolsters a sense of self-worthand, at the same time, prevents introspection, which reveals personal insecurities.

Further, individuals who are otherwise ineffective become empowered when they joingroups, which also provide anonymity and diminished accountability.4.

Stage 2: Defining
– Hate groups form identities through symbols, rituals, and mythologies, which enhance the members’ status and, at the same time, degrade theobject of their hate. For example, skinhead groups may adopt the swastika, the ironcross, the Confederate flag, and other supremacist symbols. Group-specific symbols or clothing often differentiate hate groups. Group rituals, such as hand signals and secretgreetings, further fortify members. Hate groups, especially skinhead groups, usuallyincorporate some form of self-sacrifice, which allows haters to willingly jeopardize their well-being for the greater good of the cause. Giving one’s life to a cause provides theultimate sense of value and worth to life. Skinheads often see themselves as soldiers in arace war.5.

Stage 3: Disparaging
– Hate is the glue that binds haters to one another and to acommon cause. By verbally debasing the object of their hate, haters enhance their self-image, as well as their group status. In skinhead groups, racist song lyrics and hateliterature provide an environment where hate flourishes. In fact, researchers have found that the life span of aggressive impulses increases with ideation. In other words, themore often a person thinks about aggression, the greater the chance for aggressive behavior to occur. Thus, after constant verbal denigration, haters progress to the next,more openly hostile and bitter, stage.6.

Stage 4: Taunting
– Hate, by its nature, changes incrementally. Time cools the fire of hate, thus forcing the hater to look inward. To avoid introspection, haters use ever-increasing degrees of rhetoric and violence to maintain high levels of agitation. Tauntsand offensive gestures serve this purpose. In this stage, skinheads typically shout racialslurs from moving cars or from afar. Nazi salutes and other hand signals oftenaccompany racial epithets. Racist graffiti also begins to appear in areas where skinheadsloiter. Most skinhead groups claim turf proximate to the neighborhoods in which theylive. One study indicated that a majority of hate crimes occur when the hate targetmigrates through the hate group’s turf.7.

Stage 5: Attacking without weapons
– This stage is critical because it differentiatesvocally abusive haters from physically abusive ones. In this stage, hate groups becomemore aggressive, prowling their turf seeking vulnerable targets. Violence coalesces hategroups and further isolates them from mainstream society. Skinheads, almost withoutexception, attack in groups and target single victims. Research by the Southern Poverty Law Center, the FBI, and the Anti-Defamation League has shown that bias crimes aretwice as likely to cause injury and four times as likely to result in hospitalization ascompared to non-bias crimes. In addition to physical violence, the element of thrillseeking is introduced in Stage 5. The adrenaline high intoxicates the attackers. Theinitial adrenaline surge lasts for several minutes; however, the effects of adrenaline keepthe body in a state of heightened alert for up to several days.

Each successive anger- provoking thought or action builds on residual adrenaline and triggers a more violentresponse than the one that originally initiated the sequence. Anger builds on anger. Theadrenaline high combined with hate becomes a deadly combination. Hardcore skinheadskeep themselves at a level where the slightest provocation triggers aggression.8.

Stage 6: Attacking with weapons
– Some attackers use firearms to commit hate crimes, but skinheads prefer weapons such as broken bottles, baseball bats, blunt objects,screwdrivers, and belt buckles. These types of weapons require the attacker to be close tothe victim, which further demonstrates the depth of personal anger. Attackers candischarge firearms at a distance, thus precluding personal contact. Close-in onslaughtsrequire the assailants to see their victim eye-to-eye and to become bloodied during theassault. Hands-on violence allows skinheads to express their hate in a way a gun cannot.Personal contact empowers and fulfills a deep-seated need to have dominance over others.9.

Stage 7: Destroying
– The ultimate goal of haters is to destroy the object of their hate.Mastery over life and death imbues the hater with godlike power and omnipotence,which, in turn, facilitate further acts of violence. With this power comes a great sense of self-worth and value, the very qualities haters lack. However, in reality, hate physicallyand psychologically destroys both the hater and the hated.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Grambler

Rioting is not terrorism. If you are going to make a comparison you should at least get your definitions correct.

Terror attacks are planned.

Riot is a spontaneous reaction to a provocation.

Personally, I think all of the riots are planned and funded.....ergo they are terror attacks.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Rioting is not terrorism. If you are going to make a comparison you should at least get your definitions correct.

Ok, let me try to explain this again.

NLBS did an episode where they talked about how big of a threat right wing TERRORISM was.

Following me so far?

There proof of that was a study that cted acts of terror by the right wing. It defined terror in part as violent acts (such as rioting or beating people) in order to promote a political ideology.

NLBS and a bunch of members here accepted that definition, and said the right wing was a bigger threat for terror.

Do you understand that I am not the one who made that definition, it was the people saying the right is worse?

Would you like to criticize NLBS, the ATS owners that helped with the episode, and all of the people on that thread that agreed with this definition instead of criticizing me for using THEIR definition to prove the left fits it better?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political ambitions IS Terrorism.

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So in your opinion a growing dangerous violent movement trying to topple the government isn't a threat?

It isn't growing and terrorism is a self-placed fear. It only works when you let it work. Do you remember what Bush and the government said after 9/11 happened? To go about your daily lives like normal, because if we CHANGE for the terrorists then they win. It's funny how that rhetoric means nothing to you now.

link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

Personally, I think all of the riots are planned and funded.....ergo they are terror attacks.

Personally, I think that is speculation and slander because of your biases.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agreed with that thread, still do. I've thought right wing extremists were our biggest threat since before Timothy McVeigh and friends blew up the Murrah building in Oklahoma City.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Ok, let me try to explain this again.

NLBS did an episode where they talked about how big of a threat right wing TERRORISM was.

Following me so far?

There proof of that was a study that cted acts of terror by the right wing. It defined terror in part as violent acts (such as rioting or beating people) in order to promote a political ideology.

NLBS and a bunch of members here accepted that definition, and said the right wing was a bigger threat for terror.

Do you understand that I am not the one who made that definition, it was the people saying the right is worse?

Would you like to criticize NLBS, the ATS owners that helped with the episode, and all of the people on that thread that agreed with this definition instead of criticizing me for using THEIR definition to prove the left fits it better?

Nah, because when somebody on the left is doing something it's okay. If you were using their definition to talk about how the right is more dangerous, you'd be correct. Since you're using their own definition against them, you're obviously wrong.

Duh.

link   

I understand what your point is. I'm just disagreeing with the entire premise that terrorism is a threat to the US in any way regardless of who is more of a threat or not.

link   

Right now you may find out that is many people that support violent riots because it was ok under the last administration.

Still when the new administration starts to enforce laws that has been always there to protect property and citizens against violent protesters is going to be a new wave of BS on how we are losing our freedoms.

Still they will ignore the fact that we do have laws that deals with anarchist.

Life in America is changing sooner than we think.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Haven't seen diddly from them in a while.

The natural and deserved fate of all the non user generated content pushed by ATS.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political ambitions IS Terrorism.

Yes, I'm sure you guys will be assaulting our rights to protest in the near future, but until then it isn't terrorism.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Don't forget the last stage, the emerging champion for the cause.

We may find out very soon.

+2 more 
link   

Keep rioting and assaulting and TORTURING and MURDERING in your terroristic pursuits of "freedom of speech" and you're going to ruin the ability to protest for the rest of us for when there is actual cause to do so. Rioting because you don't personally like someone is INSANE.
edit on 2-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

So now you are putting words in my mouth? I have not once used to word terrorism. I'm simply saying that ignoring this because it isn't a "threat" is really REALLY naive.. I would agree with you if it was some rogue groups but when you have the media and all of Hollywood praising you and cheering you on that's when it becomes a threat.

Think for you
Talk for you
Tell you who to hate
Tell you what to do

Doesn't that sound like fasicm to you?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

Personally, I think that is speculation and slander because of your biases.

Liberal deflection, thank you for the critique. In true Conservative tradition I will merely state that you are incorrect and have chosen to deny reality once again.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I agreed with that thread, still do. I've thought right wing extremists were our biggest threat since before Timothy McVeigh and friends blew up the Murrah building in Oklahoma City.

To be honest, they really only pose a threat when Liberal Presidents are in charge. Their memberships tend to drop when a conservative is in charge. That's why we didn't hear too much about their shenanigans during the Bush era and we won't hear to much from them over the next four years. In that essence, the OP is likely right in that more extremist left wing organization will pop up over the next four years, but ultimately terrorism still isn't a threat to our country.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Try again there K.

Domestic terrorism is the unlawful use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual based and operating entirely within the United States or Puerto Rico without foreign direction committed against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof in furtherance of political or social objectives.

www.fbi.gov...

What's been going on across this country is terrorism.

What went on last nite at Berkeley was terrorism.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Keep rioting and assaulting and TORTURING and MURDERING in your terroristic pursuits of "freedom of speech" and you're going to ruin the ability to protest for the rest of us for when there is actual cause to do so. Rioting because you don't personally like someone is INSANE.

Hey that stuff is just extra-serious protest and is covered under the 1st amendment and you trying to shut it down is an assault on their rights, dammit!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Why would I care about you using the word "terrorism" or not when that word is the subject of the thread?

Think for you
Talk for you
Tell you who to hate
Tell you what to do

Doesn't that sound like fasicm to you?

Sounds like Breitbart to me, but I'm not going to label them as a terrorist organization like you are trying to do about left leaning groups.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join