It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Next Level BS still think right wing terror is the biggest threat

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I disagree. I would not call right wing riots or protests terrorism. There have been a lot of right wing mass shooters and abortion clinic bombers even Timothy McVeigh was right wing.

Protests routinely erupt around controversial speakers as it is part of the process of free speech.

This thread tries to say protests = terrorism which they do not.

If this thread was about protesters shutting down Milo speaking at colleges I think it is their right to protest. I don't agree with the violence.
edit on 02pmThu, 02 Feb 2017 20:28:58 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I disagree. I would not call right wing riots or protests terrorism. There have been a lot of right wing mass shooters and abortion clinic bombers even Timothy McVeigh was right wing.

Ok thats your opinion, and I respect that.

But surely you will admit using violence to shut down free speech is horrible, and it seems to be exclusive to the left and becoming a big problem on college campuses.

If we are looking at just bombings, killings and such, then the NLBS thread that this OP is responding to is clearly wrong. More people died in the US on 9-11 than all "right wing" killings or bombings combined. By alot.

And worldwide, a simple inquiry will show that the vast majority of terror attacks worldwide are Islamic terror attacks.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It doesn't need to be a conspiracy - it's pretty obvious. Milo is his pet - and has always had Bannon's full support. This tour MILO is on started in January right after the inauguration

This isn't just about him:

UC Berkeley’s Office of Student Affairs wrote to the leadership of the Berkeley College Republicans on Tuesday, noting, “I am deeply aware of the many complex issues that are swirling around Milo’s visit to our campus and you no doubt have a lot on your plates right now. I must now also make sure you are aware that Milo, Brietbart and the David Horowitz Freedom Center have published an article today, 1/31/17, stating their intention to use the Berkeley College Republican’s event to launch their campaign targeting the undocumented student community on our campus.”

I can't prove this of course - and like I said - proving an incitement to riot is useless. It doesn't mean it isn't there

You'll get no argument from me that peaceful protest is the only way to go. I'm just sayin' - if you really believe that the right is all about the high road then you lose some credibility

We're all looking at a powder keg

But he also says he knows they are incapable of that, and will instead try to silence him, like they do many conservative speakers.

I think somebody somewhere maybe is counting on riots

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Counting on riots? I don't believe that. However, they know the riots are inevitable.

I have known you to be a very reasonable intelligent person on ATS, so I am not surprised you would not support violence.

And as I have said before, although I am on the right, I acknowledge not only a need for a robust left, but also know that real liberals have many good arguments.

But this cultural marxism on college campuses and growing in the Democratic party is pushing real liberal out and leaving them voiceless. Look at someone like Dave Rubin on the Rubin Report. He is being pushed further and further to the right because of the increased insanity by these far left lunatics. He sees the censorship, as do many other liberals.

I hope that you real liberals (I guess I am assuming you would call yourself that, sorry if not) start to take back your party, and know that I will be there with you, just like I know you would help me denounce right wing extremism.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The more the protests continue and the more the media and Hollywood promote it, it will only get worse and will definitely become dangerous.

Protesting is a federally protected right. It isn't terrorism.

the problem is that what is being reported on as protests is most times full on rioting. u have the right to protest peacefully. u dont have the right to assault people, destroy property, stop commerce etc etc. when u do those things u stop becoming a protester and u become a criminal. look at the prtotest outside of pence's house. that is an example of people protesting properly. they didnt destroy things or attack people. they twerked and danced to some music while goading pence for his views.
edit on 2-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

That is true. One thing though: Islam is a conservative religion just like conservative Christianity and they both produce violent people who engage in terrorist acts.

The far left also produces radical terrorists but not as much as the conservative religious groups. In the U.S. 9/11 was definitely a terrorist attack by Muslims but since then they have not been as big of a threat as right wing mass shooters. That's the group I've seen called terrorists.

However, since Trump got elected I'm sure a lot of right wingers will feel less pressure to be violent now.

I guess I disagree with the original concept of protestors being terrorists which is one that was brought up before this thread was written in another thread it referenced.

However, I have read on other news sites that right wing terrorism (defined as bombings and mass shootings) is still more of a problem than Islamic terrorism in the U.S.

Worldwide, I'm sure Islamic terrorists are the bigger threat. One problem is realizing that not all that practice Islam are terrorists. Just like not all Christians are terrorists. Some conservatives like Trump are too general in their policies and target all Muslims (well Trump targets all Muslims from 7 Muslim dominated countries for his travel ban)

I'm no fan of Islam and that is because it is too conservative. Woman's rights are thrown out the window and they value religious ideology over being decent human beings.

In the end, I don't think protests are terrorism so that leaves us with a string of right-wing mass shooters, the occasional Islam or liberal mass shooter and 9/11 of course. In the end, liberal terrorists are far more rare than ones that are religious.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

There is a lot of pressure from liberal extremist students to keep Milo off their campuses but luckily the colleges are finally starting to stand up to their student bodies (even liberal colleges) as there is a new movement among university staff to allow contradictory views, even Milo, on their campuses to promote discourse. I think it is important to see other views.

There is definitely a movement by extreme liberals to censor those they don't agree with as I experienced first hand being a moderate at a liberal arts college. I was personally harassed by feminists and liberal extremists for my views similar to how Milo is but on a more personal level as I did not have the support Milo has. My female friends were targeted for being my friends by feminists because they didn't agree with my views. One friend was cornered and harassed and told she wasn't a real woman because she was my friend. Feminists spread rumors I was a rapist. And my views are pretty liberal although I definitely am critical of feminist extremists.
[
Still not terrorism but I can attest to it being a problem.
edit on 02pmThu, 02 Feb 2017 21:05:54 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

There were not two sides. There were anti Milo people, and the few pro Milo people were beaten and chased away.

Show me one bit of video with pro Milo people here engaging in violence. In fact, you are the only person I have seen claim this.
read my post again, there were two sides that goes with the territory, as you have just agreed, while you mitigate which I did not, I just made the statement as to who or who was not there, nor did I make note of who did violence to who, only that two sides (at least) were there.
As for Bannon's man, Milo Yiannopoulos the two are tied at the hip as I said in another post. What is said here by Yiannopoulos, Bannon said much the same in a speech in the Vatican three years ago.
You don't need to comment on the whole video merit wise, just what is said by Yiannopoulos.

I hopefully look forward to that.
edit on 2-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Have you ever been pepper sprayed snowflake.....until that day withhold judgment.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

There is a lot of pressure from liberal extremist students to keep Milo off their campuses but luckily the colleges are finally starting to stand up to their student bodies (even liberal colleges) as there is a new movement among university staff to allow contradictory views, even Milo, on their campuses to promote discourse. I think it is important to see other views.

There is definitely a movement by extreme liberals to censor those they don't agree with as I experienced first hand being a moderate at a liberal arts college. I was personally harassed by feminists and liberal extremists for my views similar to how Milo is but on a more personal level as I did not have the support Milo has. My female friends were targeted for being my friends by feminists because they didn't agree with my views. One friend was cornered and harassed and told she wasn't a real woman because she was my friend. Feminists spread rumors I was a rapist. And my views are pretty liberal although I definitely am critical of feminist extremists.
[

Wow, after all this you still are a liberal, I guess it's just part of the natural selection process.........

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

[

Wow, after all this you still are a liberal, I guess it's just part of the natural selection process.........

Well no, he is probably a real liberal. And I commend him (or her I guess I don't know) for not allowing violent things to change his political views.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I never read any of the NLBS and this thread proves my instincts were correct and makes me glad that I never did read any of that garbage propaganda.

it`s all those right wingers talking about the constitution that threatens our liberty, it`s not the liberals who are rioting in the streets while talking about unity and tolerance.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think Republicans are worse as they don't seem to value compassion or logical thinking. For example, the more education one has the more liberal they tend to be. I find Republican arguments are often full of false facts or argumentive fallacies while Democrats tend to rely on research and facts to form opinions. Democrats are also more compassionate and work to help the disadvantaged while Republicans like to harass them. I'm not a fan of liberal extremists either.
edit on 02pmThu, 02 Feb 2017 22:24:27 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

But this cultural marxism on college campuses and growing in the Democratic party is pushing real liberal out and leaving them voiceless.

The same thing is happening on the right. It's time to pay attention - that means all of us. Right and left

I call myself a progressive because we're all very big on labels now - more than ever before. It's just easier mostly - and more true than not. Frankly - I'm so sick of the words right and left, conservative and liberal I could spit up

I begin to lose respect for any argument when it becomes all one way or the other - on either side

I hope that you real liberals (I guess I am assuming you would call yourself that, sorry if not) start to take back your party, and know that I will be there with you, just like I know you would help me denounce right wing extremism.

Ditto - I say hoping you realize that this polarization is not happening because of what's happening with the left, but - because of what's happening in general to all of us. There's not a lot of room left for grey areas when people are fighting for control. I know that to many on the right side of things it must look like the left has lost it's freaking mind. This is what's most interesting (and disturbing) to me right now

I'm going to leave it at that for tonight

:-)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I think Republicans are worse as they don't seem to value compassion or logical thinking. For example, the more education one has the more liberal they tend to be. I find Republican arguments are often full of false facts or argumentive fallacies while Democrats tend to rely on research and facts to form opinions. Democrats are also more compassionate and work to help the disadvantaged while Republicans like to harass them. I'm not a fan of liberal extremists either.

id argue that both of those examples are just biases spun by the media. ive yet to find either case true except in extreme rare circumstances. i believe theres a bigger case to be made for why people turn liberal while on college campuses and it has nothing to do with education, but instead everything to do with the mob mentality and how surrounding yourself with like minded people is the biggest influencing factor. u can see it in the big cities aswell. we are programmed to try and get along and avoid threats to our well being. thus we conform. move out where people are isolated by even just a short distance and youll find viewpoints start to vary wildly from one person to the next.

lets use this travel suspension as an example. liberals think its abhorrent to deny people the chance to come to this country and have access to the benefits americans have. liberals will denounce this and say republicans arent compassionate, etc. whereas a republican will argue yes we are restricting those people so as to protect the rights and opportunities that many americans arent getting atm. so in both cases each side is thinking about helping people. one wants to help outsiders and one wants to help the people they have been elected to represent. is either less compassionate then the other? i dont see a difference between the 2 myself.
edit on 2-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

The more the protests continue and the more the media and Hollywood promote it, it will only get worse and will definitely become dangerous.

Peaceful protesting to state grievances is a federally protected right.

Destroying property, beating people up, and squashing free speech are not federally protected rights.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Ah Yes,
NLBS =
Next level BULL #T after all.

At least the name was true.

S&F

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Protesting is not the same as "rioting, destroying private and public property, and beating up and attacking people who have a difference of opinion"...

The way this is going, and with the help and funds these violent left-wing groups are receiving from Soros and other "progressives", we "might" see another "red terror" but this time in the U.S.... It is obvious that such a dark chapter of history is exactly what many in the left want, including the elites.

Oh but wait, the left have always claimed "there has never been a threat from left-wing ideology"...

They have their blinders on all the time and think that "rioting, being violent and beating those who disagree with them and destroying property" is "alright in the minds of many in the left.

edit on 2-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

google definition

terrorism ˈtɛrərɪzəm/ noun

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

You seem to have a problem with English

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Does Next Level BS still think right wing terror is the biggest threat

I want the answer to that too.

Especially after what went on at Berkeley over Milo.

100% !

Man you read my mind! When I heard about that my first thought was terrorists! I mean they wore those masks and fit the definition of terrorists very well.

Good post

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join