It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Next Level BS still think right wing terror is the biggest threat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Does anyone remember this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was a NLBS episode where they argued that right wing terrorism was more of a threat then Islamic or other forms.

The crux of this episode had to do with a report by a man named Arie Perliger, that listed examples of "right wing terrorism?. As a showed on page 29 of that thread, he includes all examples of right wing terrorism as.

The dataset documents all violent attacks that: (1) were perpetrated by groups or individuals affiliated with far-right associations; and/or (2) were intended to promote ideas compatible with far-right ideology, based on the ideological analysis presented in the first part of this study

Based on this study, Arie and NLBS argued that right wing terrorism was more of a threat than Islamic or left wing terrorism.

When people in the thread pointed out the violence of BLM and other groups, ATS people assured us that they were working on an episode or thread about that violence, but I have yet to see that.

So using Mr. Perlingers definition of violence by groups affiliated with ideologies, now that we see all of these riots in the name of left wing ideology, my question is do the people at NLBS or ATS still feel that right wing terrorism is the biggest threat?

Just last night we had the nice tolerant folks at UC Berkely riot, beat Trump supporters, and destroy Millions of dollars in property and shut main streets down all in the name of silencing free speech from a conservative. We have seen these riots at the inauguration. We have seen violence shut down conservative speech time and time again on campuses. We have seen BLM leftists groups riot and call for dead cops (which have in turn been killed).

I am not arguing that there are nuts on all sides of the political aisle. But it seems to me there are FAR more people on the extreme left willing to engage in terrorist or violent behavior to get their point across. Can anyone show me even one example of thousands of right wing people rioting to stop a liberal speech?

I think the people that run ATS do a great job, and I liked NLBS. This thread is not intended to attack these people, only to ask them in a serious fashion if they have changed their mind about right wing terrorism being a bigger threat than the left given the riots we have seen recently.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If anything it just shows there un-prophetic nature, lack of insight and foresight.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It was a preposterous claim. I guess people in the media think they can serve any old bs up and their viewers will eat it up with relish.
That said, perhaps people should really try to limit thinking about everything that could possibly kill them and enjoy life a bit more?

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Does Next Level BS still think right wing terror is the biggest threat

I want the answer to that too.

Especially after what went on at Berkeley over Milo.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Does NLBS still think anything at all seems to be a more to-the-point question.

Haven't seen diddly from them in a while.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
But I thought there was no more NLBS, due to him having another opportunity somewhere else? (I swear I read that somewhere.)

So unless they are still members, we wouldn't get an answer.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Don't they know we get enough of this from every other media source?
The Super Bowl will use the spotlight to create a massive theatrical protest and possibly even some football.
NLBS looking like Never-ending Liberal Bull S***

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
But I thought there was no more NLBS, due to him having another opportunity somewhere else? (I swear I read that somewhere.)

So unless they are still members, we wouldn't get an answer.

I did not know that and good for him I hope he is doing great.

However, my understanding was that the some of the ownership worked with the program, and it seemed as if someof the owners (at least one) was defending the claim and episode as if they had input on it.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is great we are lucky enough to have this great site ran by people who also have opinions and discuss things with us members.

So I was just wondering if their opinions have changed.

Oh and I should edit, I would also be interested to here from just regular members who argeed in that tthread that right wing groups were the biggest threat.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans

When I open the NLBS channel on YT the one, and only, "related channel" they have is the Young Turks.

I chortled.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Considering terrorism isn't a threat to anything unless you make it one I'd say this is all just lies. Partisan terrorism, religious terrorism, economic terrorism, or whatever kind of terrorism you choose isn't that dangerous in the US already. Yes people die to it and it is shocking and horrible. But it isn't in any danger of destabilizing our government or causing riots (unless we let it).

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is a monster that has been unleashed in our nation, the problems is that, that monster is fear game for any groups that wants to use it at will.

That means the new generation of activist are been allowed to run rampant.

Let no forget that is money flowing too, plenty of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The more the protests continue and the more the media and Hollywood promote it, it will only get worse and will definitely become dangerous.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Considering terrorism isn't a threat to anything unless you make it one I'd say this is all just lies. Partisan terrorism, religious terrorism, economic terrorism, or whatever kind of terrorism you choose isn't that dangerous in the US already. Yes people die to it and it is shocking and horrible. But it isn't in any danger of destabilizing our government or causing riots (unless we let it).

What do you mean its not a danger of causing riots. Did you see Berkely last night?

But whatever, I guess that is your opinion. However, the study cited by NLBS to show that right wing terrorism was more of a threat defined terrorism as voilent acts done by groups with a strong political ideology, or to promote (or silence) a political ideology.

So given that was the definition that made NLBS and many members here on ATS say right wing terror was a bigger threat, I am wondering what they have to say now that we see left wong groups riot over and over, trying to silence free speech and attacking people with different ideologies.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

The more the protests continue and the more the media and Hollywood promote it, it will only get worse and will definitely become dangerous.

Protesting is a federally protected right. It isn't terrorism.

link   

Rioting is not terrorism. If you are going to make a comparison you should at least get your definitions correct.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: zosimov

At least their name is honest about what they serve.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
“Law enforcement agencies in the United States consider anti-government violent extremists, not radicalized Muslims, to be the most severe threat of political violence that they face,” the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security reported this past June, based on surveys of 382 law enforcement groups.

Now the only question is do TPTB consider the threat as emanating form the Right or Left in today's world. Fifteen years ago the FBI was testifying before Congress that Right Wing Terrorism is the greatest threat.....we didn't have the Soros funded alt-left then.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm not even calling it terrorism but for you to say it's not dangerous is quite naive. To think that the left has gone this far and extreme just to take a step back is even more naive.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say it wasn't dangerous. I said it wasn't a threat.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So in your opinion a growing dangerous violent movement trying to topple the government isn't a threat?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join