It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walt Disney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A biography in form of an arte documentation came my way. sorry german (don't know if it's available in English? French for sure.)

Beautiful I didn't know he started out wanting to make it art. Now it's the mother of pop.
And the things he said! After his speech people joined the union.
How much has Davy Crockett affected your life? I honestly thought he was only fictional.
Has Walt Disney really defined an entire century in your history?

As you might have noticed I'm not American. But please share your opinion on Walt in general, including of course his work.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
How much has Davy Crockett affected your life?

Tremendously. I am always wearing my coonskin hat.

Sometimes that is all I put on before heading off to battle the hordes of evil in what is my day to day job.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Funnily enough I was watching the same docu today on Arté...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Sometimes that is all I put on before heading off to battle the hordes of evil in what is my day to day job.

Don't forget the fishing waders filled with tepid custard too... a must for scaring evil hordes off...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
But please share your opinion on Walt in general, including of course his work.

His Evil Frozen Head is still corrupting children the world over long after his death

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Davy Crockett "King of the wild frontier" is about as American as you can get. My brothers loved it growing up-it was a big bore for me-but I grew up in Miami. Love, love, love World of Disney on Sunday nights-and loved when they built Disney World in Florida-still do.

Disney was a genius.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
IMO, since you asked for it,
Regardless of his *intentions*, Walt was an innovator, out of the box thinker, visionary, and was very eccentric. He had big dreams and admirable persistence...not to mention he was darn good cartoonist.

The Disney corporation and what it's become... now that's another story. Let's put it this way: I would never let my theoretical children ever watch the Disney channel. Absolutely never.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I still believe in magic, I also believe it is artists that shape the world not politics or science. Artists make complex things simple and inspire thought and emotion, thought and emotion drive individual humans that make the larger civilizations. I admire Walt Disney. I used to love Peter Pan, the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast. I love Disney and Pixar

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Walt was an evil man and his oh so powerful corporation has since expanded that evil greatly.

Disney(the company) has manipulated children through the years and accomplished it by maintaining a fond, endearing public through the seemingly innocent films. The films that cause girls to feel as though they need a man and everything will be ok. The films that teach boys that they, too will get a pretty princess one day. The films that depict physical beauty as "good" and everyone else as common at best with particularly not-pretty looks determining "evil".

Their TV shows contributed heavily to the demise of the family and warping of the youth. Parents are depicted as useless, troublesome goofs and the kids rule the roost. Fathers especially. Some of the actors playing the parts in their shows are well known for how dysfunctional they have become. There is suspicion of mind control and subliminals used to further their part in the nefarious plots against humanity.

They stole the majority of their stories, warped them and then maintain copyrights over these stolen goods through laws they have introduced and proceed to relentlessly pursue anyone using "their" material. They have altered and extended copyright laws to further their power.

Their wealth has secured them Marvel, Star Wars, Muppets and pretty much anything else that will captivate your children and I wouldn't expect that to stop any time soon.

Yeah. I pretty much hate them.
Loved "Bambi" tho.
edit on 2-2-2017 by gottaknow because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Walt was an evil man and his oh so powerful corporation has since expanded that evil greatly.

Disney(the company) has manipulated children through the years and accomplished it by maintaining a fond, endearing public through the seemingly innocent films. The films that cause girls to feel as though they need a man and everything will be ok. The films that teach boys that they, too will get a pretty princess one day. The films that depict physical beauty as "good" and everyone else as common at best with particularly not-pretty looks determining "evil".

Their TV shows contributed heavily to the demise of the family and warping of the youth. Parents are depicted as useless, troublesome goofs and the kids rule the roost. Fathers especially. Some of the actors playing the parts in their shows are well known for how dysfunctional they have become. There is suspicion of mind control and subliminals used to further their part in the nefarious plots against humanity.

They stole the majority of their stories, warped them and then maintain copyrights over these stolen goods through laws they have introduced and proceed to relentlessly pursue anyone using "their" material. They have altered and extended copyright laws to further their power.

Their wealth has secured them Marvel, Star Wars, Muppets and pretty much anything else that will captivate your children and I wouldn't expect that to stop any time soon.

Yeah. I pretty much hate them.
Loved "Bambi" tho.

Most disney material is open source seeing that the classics were written hundreds of years in advance you can re render them yourself to make appropriate. Maybe you should make a Christian rock opera out of Bambi, or tell us better about Snow White. You have the power.

new topics

top topics

join