It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it will not bow to pressure after ballistic missile test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Ali Akbar Velayati said US threats were aimed at limiting Iran's defensive capabilities.

He said: "This is not the first time that an inexperienced person (US President Donald Trump) has threatened Iran... the American government will understand that threatening Iran is useless.

"Iran does not need permission from any country to defend itself."

Iran says it will not bow to pressure after ballistic missile test

How will Trump respond to this?

It's time to talk about the elephant in the room that no one seems to want to discuss.

Russian-Iranian Cooperation to Bring Peace, Stability to Middle East – Iran's FM

Would Russia defend Iran if it's in a skirmish with the United States? That seems very likely to me, and it means things just got extremely dangerous.

Let's put our thinking caps on. What is going to happen?

I think this is finally war, and the biggest risk of WW3 in a long time.

The United States and China will fight a war within the next 10 years over islands in the South China Sea, and “there’s no doubt about that”. At the same time, the US will be in another “major” war in the Middle East.

Those are the views – nine months ago at least – of one of the most powerful men in Donald Trump’s administration, Steve Bannon, the former head of far-right news website Breitbart who is now chief strategist at the White House.

Steve Bannon: 'We're going to war in the South China Sea ... no doubt'

edit on 2-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Syria is the fly in the western ointment, Iran was next. Can't seem to get over little stepping stone Assad, though...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Syria is the fly in the western ointment, Iran was next. Can't seem to get over little stepping stone Assad, though...

I believe Syria was going to be toppled if Russia hadn't defended them. Now it looks like Russia is probably going to be defending both Iran and Syria. I don't see any way this ends well.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Were protecting our borders, why cant Iran?

And when foreign ships are always near your borders, i would do whatever tests it takes to reassure Iranians that iran's protection comes first.

England just had a [test]missile mishap which headed towards FL...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
No, I disagree.

You're reading too much into this. Its rhetoric and won't amount to anything. However, we can always tear up the deal with Iran and go back to sanctions like before.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Iran and N Korea have been serious security issues for decades. They share wmd/icbm tech. It won't be pretty,

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Were protecting our borders, why cant Iran?

And when foreign ships are always near your borders, i would do whatever tests it takes to reassure Iranians that iran's protection comes first.

England just had a [test]missile mishap which headed towards FL...

Have no problem with Iran protecting their borders... but please enlighten me how a ballistic missile is used to defend your borders?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

This is essentially the same thread you just posted earlier...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

There are a million Iranian Americans the largest concentration around 72000 in LA most have assimilated well into American society but trust me there are army of guardians of the Islamic republic sleeper cells in the US the US WILL get internal terrorism when you bomb this lot.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

There are a million Iranian Americans the largest concentration around 72000 in LA most have assimilated well into American society but trust me there are army of guardians of the Islamic republic sleeper cells in the US the US WILL get internal terrorism when you bomb this lot.

...and there are millions more of Americans who can identify and call them out. This isn't Afghan or Iraq will families will be threatened. Don't be so naive to think this is something that will be ongoing. I'll extend the olive branch and say you're probably right, initially. Then wipe. Pretty much the laws of causality is on our side here.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: intrptr

I believe Syria was going to be toppled if Russia hadn't defended them. Now it looks like Russia is probably going to be defending both Iran and Syria. I don't see any way this ends well.

Russia, Iran and Syria are allies. Thats not new.

What is new is the Russians, and the rest of the world for that matter, aren't buying the Western Humanitarian Intervention rhetoric anymore.

Invading hapless countries and waging aggressive war under false pretenses is whats done. The west should just stop it, take their toys and go home. Or blow the whole thing up out of frustration.

Childish, Hitleristic tantrums aside, I don't think there is much the west can do, the Ruskies have 'boomers' hiding under the ocean, too. And their missiles are working, unlike the last Trident launch by the UK.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Maybe so but 1000 4 or 5 man special force trained operatives would still make quite a mess,this nation has known since 1978 it will one day fight you I wouldn't understimate them.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Wouldn't it be ironic if Trump ends up causing more internal terrorism in the U.S. than any other POTUS? It may be the law of attraction at work. You draw toward yourself what you most fear.

Iran: We Can Mobilize Nine Million Fighters Against U.S.

I think that article speaks for itself.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So you need enlightenment to explain to you how militaristic arsenal protects ones country?

Ill let you try to figure it out, massage your ego a bit.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

All the nations the US is sabre rattling have historically militarily and socially accepted biblical levels of casualties in war,the US,the idea of being number one is that the threat of overwhelming force means no one challenges you not to pick fights

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You'll have to ask Russia on that one. Remember how much they cried when NATO built their missile defense system?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Nor should they or any country bow to pressure... But they should expect the exact same pressure, responsilities and dire consequences for doing so.

Look. I sure don't approve of them or N. Korea or any other following through with development and designs of delivery systems. NO WAY..... but...

Severe sanctions don't seem to have effect...threats don't either... and I think that those countries are always, loudly, and forever gonna scream "If all these other countries have them... then so should we! We are a country too, right!? " And I don't think they'll ever shut the hell up about that fact.

They don't have a clue about mutual destruction... Let alone that it's them and their own countries that will be turned into parking lots for those countries they lob a few nukes at.

Oh, we may take a few lucky hits... But to quote Clint Eastwood... "Go ahead! Make my day! " They just aren't gonna stop. Let 'em fumble around until the day they try and use them...

Then kids will be asking "Daddy? What's a Iran? And what does the word S-y-r-i-a mean? " Because the world map will be blank where they used to be....

IMO
edit on 2-2-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Iran: We Can Mobilize Nine Million Fighters Against U.S.

I wasn't thinking about this earlier, but the threat in the article linked to above probably includes "fighters" within the United States. That's a scary thought indeed.

It just may be that Trump caused this entire crisis himself. Consider the following.

Iran To Ditch The Dollar In Wake Of Trump's 'Muslim Ban'

I don't believe that the ballistic missile test suddenly happened out of the blue. What have we got?

1. Trump's immigration ban

2. The Iranian government has vowed to stop issuing visas to US citizens

3. The Iranian government stopped using the US dollar in its official statements

4. Iran's recent ballistic missile test

5. Iran says it will not bow to pressure after ballistic missile test

This is a very serious escalation, and it's already beyond saber-ratting. The next few days should be interesting.

I'm extremely concerned about this situation.

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Your analysis is way off in my estimation. You can't leave Russia out of the picture.

Russian-Iranian Cooperation to Bring Peace, Stability to Middle East – Iran's FM

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

So correct me if I am wrong, this means that we Americans has been taken over by refugees from other countries and as soon America goes into conflict with the nations they are coming from like Iran we are all going to pay for it, here in our own soil?

I thought most of this people are here in the US and has become citizens because they love America and despised their "bad governments".

Can you explain that one to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

How did Iran pay for their ballistic test?

Oh, yeah Obama gave them a parting gift.

So anyway, didn't Iraq Saddam kind of try to do the same thing and he got hanged by the US?

This is just starting to become hilarious, profusion.

Something doesn't add.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join