It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's invented a burger ATM that dispenses Big Macs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Brought to you by Carl's Jun ------ McDonalds.

A vending machine for Big Macs.

Is that really what we need right now? "Fudruckers," anyone?

We are taking your children. Eff you, I'm eating.

Source link - it's a video short
I don't know how to embed non-youtube videos, so if someone can help, thanks thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Crazy. How soon before Quarter Pounders replace the $5.00 bill?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I don't know how to embed non-youtube videos, ...

You can't.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There should be a scale built into the ground in front of the machine.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Very cool in theory, but ... and this is a big one, keeping the food fresh and not dispensing burgers that are a petrie dish of different types of food poisoning?

A Big Mac has a "shelf life" of about 15 min in a regular MacDonalds store. After 15 min they MUST be tossed to remain in compliance with food service safety standards.

Everyone will be screaming about robots and automation taking away jobs, but Food Safety is the real issue. You can't roll back time, which is why "some" automation will creep in, but only to a degree. You will ALWAYS need a live person in food prep.

Other than that, I'd LOVE to have one of these vending machines at work!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
To be clear, cause I sort of wasn't. By saying you can't roll back time I mean, once all the ingredients are assembled into a sandwich the clock on bacterial growth starts.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm thinkin' that's some hokery.

There's probably somebody standing behind that thing making the McNasty burgers and sticking them in the slot for pickup.

ETA...just another way to remove human interaction (in this case, put a hokey automation screen between the customer and the server). Probably just as well cuz none of 'em speak any English anyway (or any other sensible language as near as I can tell).

edit on 2/2/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

too little information

does this " machine " actually cook the meat and assemble them - or is it just churning out a pre-made " meal " that is being fed into it from a staffed kitchen ?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I have no idea. It's just a brief video. I'll look for more info here in a minute.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

too little information

does this " machine " actually cook the meat and assemble them - or is it just churning out a pre-made " meal " that is being fed into it from a staffed kitchen ?

I'm imagining it being like a robotic thing that would duplicate going to QuikTrip (or any convenience food store) and picking a packaged sandwich out of the case, nuking it right there, and eating it.

Sounds wasteful to me, and I would trust it about as much as buying sushi from a roadside Truck Stop.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Oh wow. It offers a grand Mac which is twice the beef.

Baaaaaaaaaarf.
eeerrrrrrrffffff.
Plaaaaaaaaaaa.

Sounds great, sign me up.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Another mystery solved.

"Much like a regular ATM, the Big Mac ATM doesn’t actually make the product it dispenses: “The burgers are cooked on-site at [a nearby] McDonald’s and then immediately loaded into the heated machine, which is refilled on an ongoing basis to ensure fresh quality,” local owner-operator Vincent Spadea explains."

www.google.com...

So basically a little dude stands behind the machine and quick loads it! FCD was correct!

edit on 2-2-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
There goes your new minimum wage!!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ahhhh, I get it, now that I think about it a little bit...

So that's exactly what it's supposed to do...remove the language barrier issue at McNasty's. You know, they have a great big shiny white ship with a giant McNasty's logo emblazoned on the side which sails back and forth just off the coast of Somalia and Yemen. People run out on the beach to escape the bullets, raping and stabbery and they swoop in and pick them up.

"Hi (unintelligible) order please?"

"I'd like a number 1 and a diet coke"

"(unintelligible)"

"What?....I'd like a number 1 with a diet coke, please"

"(unintelligible) filet of fish (unintelligible), okay?"

"What? No, I'd like a Big Mac meal and a diet coke"

"Okay, (unintelligible) cheeseburger (unintelligible) coffee (unintelligible) (unintelligible) ($31.87 pops up on register)"

"Wait...what??? I ordered a single Big Mac meal and a diet coke!"

"Yes, (unintelligible) (unintelligible) and I tell you (unintelligible) so it will be these many (unintelligible), okey?"

"F# it, I'm going to Burger King!! Nevermind!"

"Okay, I get manager for you, okay?"

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Vending machines are too old school.

I'd like a 3D printer at my desk at work that can print-out chicken fries, fries and a coke after placing an order on the Internet from Burger King.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
There goes your new minimum wage!!
same as I was thinking.

here's another headline:

McDonald’s New Big Mac ATM Requires Zero Human Interaction

Their source is the Boston Globe:
Carone said increasing automation will not necessarily lessen labor costs, because of the maintenance automated systems can require. And he said automation can allow businesses to better predict food costs, including by delivering uniform portion sizes.

“We’re in the exploratory phase,” he said. “Eventually, businesses will figure out what kind of automation people like and what they don’t like.”

And even the newest technology often requires some degree of human interaction. For instance, burgers may pop out of the Boston McDonald’s machine unassisted next week, but they’ll be loaded into it by actual people. For now, at least.

Debate about labor automation has escalated nationwide in recent years as fast-food workers and unions have campaigned for a $15-an-hour minimum wage — successfully in some cases, although increases will be phased in over years. But Andrew Puzder, President Trump’s pick for labor secretary — and chief executive of the Hardee’s fast-food chain — opposes a $15-an-hour minimum wage.

Brought to you, LITERALLY, by Puzder, of Carl's Jr. No kidding.

edit on 2/2/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: sorry --- typing skills compromised by stress-related tension.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I the Netherlands that concept exsists since decades.

The company is called FEBO with the slogan: de lekkerste (the yummiest).

Basically a fast food joint like McDo, but instead of a counter they have heated boxes on the front. Like a big vending machine. As a customer you drop in coins, type in the number of the box / item you want, the machine opens the box et voilà.

So no more need for cashiers, no more nasty interactions with rowdy/drunk/stoned customers. Quite cost effective for the company. Lots of jobs lost on the other hand.

And for the stoned teenager I was back in the days a great experience to get fried noodles on the munchies :-)

Nowadays i tend to keep clear of greasy fast food alltogether.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
At least maybe the machine will get the burger assembly right.

Last time I was at McNasty's I got big mac which had...bun, special sauce, bun, burger, burger, lettuce, cheese, bun (in that order). Oh, and the pickles, yeah, they were in the box. Spaced those off entirely I guess so they just tossed a couple in the box for good measure.

I did figure out my way across the language barrier though. Here's what I do now and it works perfectly every time.

"Hello, welcome...(unintelligible)...order please?"

"Yes, I'd like linguine with while clam sauce and a side order of the mizithra cheese. Oh, pinot noir to drink"

"Size?"

"Regular"

($4.89 pops up on register) Diet?"

"Yes, diet"

"Okay, I get you Big Mac meal, reg-u-lur, with diet, okay?

"Yep"

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm thinkin' that's some hokery.

There's probably somebody standing behind that thing making the McNasty burgers and sticking them in the slot for pickup.

ETA...just another way to remove human interaction (in this case, put a hokey automation screen between the customer and the server). Probably just as well cuz none of 'em speak any English anyway (or any other sensible language as near as I can tell).

I was thinking exactly the same thing. There is no way the machine is going to cook, assemble, and deliver the food quickly and correctly. And I agree about the servers. I always liked the idea of multi-lingual people at the drive thru but I always felt that one of the languages should be English. Too often is isn't.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

...but I always felt that one of the languages should be English.

LOLOLOLOL!!! (snort) LOLOLOLOL!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join