It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tweets: 'Iran has been formally PUT ON NOTICE'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: eriktheawful

Obama never displayed the wild mood swings that Trump does. Trump seems to be bi polar.

I fear wars with China, Russia, Iran, ISIS, because I have grandchildren. And I don't think any nation can win a war anymore without annihilation of land and millions of people. If diplomacy fails, we are all doomed.

So because he speaks his mind, without the censure and cleaning up of handlers and spin doctors he's Bi-polar?

Think for a minute on this.

Just like in football, or diplomacy, the man walked onto the world stage and "threw an elbow".
Other countries just blinked.

This is very much a diplomacy tactic alto one not used often.
After coming on stage right after such a "soft President" did you actually think he had a choice? Not one country on the face of the plan et has taken us seriously in decades. Not since we first "bent over" for China during the Nixon administration.

This is a Reset.
Policy wise, diplomacy wise, attitude wise.

It in no way means we're going to war. It means what it means, which is the US politics have changed from a "Bend over and smile" to "we have our own problems to fix" policy. It means The US isn't going to be the worlds piggybank and free ride anymore.

Altho more importantly we are moving towards a firm policy of non interference in other countries wars.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

"So because he speaks his mind, without the censure and cleaning up of handlers and spin doctors he's Bi-polar?"

He is not just a citizen anymore. He is the president and has no respect for what has been given him. Yes, his every word means something and causes a reaction.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Looks like Trump already won. Iran never does what it says it will do. Hopefully they spend their missile money on something more worthwhile and beneficial for their people.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Good lord, would more than 140 characters be too much to ask if he want to keep up with transparency? The WH obviously has a fricking website, is a presidential blog there too much to ask? It sure would be nice to see something of substance with detail, not a few words on social media. Does a blog entail too many characters for him?

Twitter is not exactly the best venue for transparency. Not. enough. character space.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Ok. Then why isn't he pulling us out of the middle east? He has all of congress to help him do it.

We don't know that he isn't planning that.
Currently without heads of agencies being confirmed, and being able to get people placed in his administration and TIME to sit down with the military and get informed on how a withdrawal can work?

He's been in office like what? Two weeks?

Realistically he needs to look at any commitments Obama and Bush made previous to his Presidency regarding the ME before attempting to extract us. You don't want him REALLY flying blind and by the seat of his pants do you?

Plus we have tons of equipment and getting it all out leaving nothing for ISIS is a logistical nightmare. Planning all this and paying for it is a huge undertaking. If he rushed, you'd be the first to say he half-@#$ed it.

I'm going to remind you I wasn't a Trump supporter, did NOT vote for him.
However I am watching him roll out his new policies and not finding any fault (so far) with most of them save for he's weak on the environment.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Wow that is like a huge novel to read. Can you say it in less words? I really want to understand the point you were making.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
This man is a friggin idiot, to comment on something that serious in such a way in a tweet is just pathetic, especially considering who sells Iran their weapons.

That is what you have become programmed to think because of having a little girl for a president for the last 8 years. A little girl named Barack who whines like a wounded puppy dog and always caves in to our enemies and says "I'm sorry Mr Islam, would you like some more money? Please don't hurt us"..

Now we have a man as president who won't be caving in to countries who always brag about doing us harm, or saying they will harm us.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I disagree with your view and think its a bit ridiculous on your perceived perceptions of our President. Every administration operates differently and this is the first time we have a President totally integrated with social media and transparency. I understand this is a new age and that traditional norms are no longer being applied as new norms, mediums and ideologies began to take shape in our new society. I can see why this can be scary for you and I don't think this is about our Presidents tweet, rather how its all going down and you just can't accept it.
Regardless, a lot more happens behind the scenes that could merit a war and we wouldn't even know about it, so what then?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

A REAL MAN surrounded by REAL MEN and WOMEN. That's how you make America even greater!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Good lord, would more than 140 characters be too much to ask if he want to keep up with transparency? The WH obviously has a fricking website, is a presidential blog there too much to ask? It sure would be nice to see something of substance with detail, not a few words on social media. Does a blog entail too many characters for him?

Twitter is not exactly the best venue for transparency. Not. enough. character space.

I'm constantly on foot. I live on my smart phone. Why wouldn't this be a great medium? That is just me, the demographic is much MUCH larger. I am sure what you are suggesting will eventually be done, however, I can't help but notice you're a tab bit ungrateful. TRANSPARENCY. We didn't have this kind of communication before, so now that we are getting it, in its INFANCY, you want memos and letters with details? "You can't make a baby run, brah."

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A REAL MAN surrounded by REAL MEN and WOMEN. That's how you make America even greater!

Indeed, and from watching the new administration and all those good people speak, it's easy to see we do have a lot of smart and caring people in America's corner once again. For once in a long while, I am not worried about WWIII. At least not for now.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
No political correctness from a non-politician?

Shocker.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No, I am pretty sure I am very afraid of the future. I put off having medical procedures prescribed by doctor because I don't know what is going to happen to medicare. My daughter put off buying a house because its looks like war and not the jobs are imminent. Since we live on a fixed income, it would be nice to know if I am getting a tax increase again to give to the rich, again.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Baby Boomer or Gen X, I can see why you view things with such fear now.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

A little girl named Barack who whines like a wounded puppy dog and always caves in to our enemies and says "I'm sorry Mr Islam, would you like some more money? Please don't hurt us"..

Yeah all the dead Muslims showed just how sorry he was. Time to grow up and stop living in fantasy land kiddo.

Now we have a man as president who won't be caving in to countries who always brag about doing us harm, or saying they will harm us.

So that is the problem you don't know what a man is because the person you are talking about is a coward that came from a long line of cowards.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Baby Boomer or Gen X, I can see why you view things with such fear now.

What's your opinion of this?

The United States and China will fight a war within the next 10 years over islands in the South China Sea, and “there’s no doubt about that”. At the same time, the US will be in another “major” war in the Middle East.

Those are the views – nine months ago at least – of one of the most powerful men in Donald Trump’s administration, Steve Bannon, the former head of far-right news website Breitbart who is now chief strategist at the White House.

Steve Bannon: 'We're going to war in the South China Sea ... no doubt'

edit on 2-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

"So because he speaks his mind, without the censure and cleaning up of handlers and spin doctors he's Bi-polar?"

He is not just a citizen anymore. He is the president and has no respect for what has been given him. Yes, his every word means something and causes a reaction

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So basically your idea of an ideal POTUS is one that is gagged, handed scripts to read out loud, who is constantly worried or scared that they are going to "offend" someone or some country.

That's not a leader. That's a follower. We just had one of those for the last 8 years.

I want someone who is not afraid to speak their mind. Someone who puts both our country and our citizens FIRST. Someone who isn't afraid to make decisions. Someone who doesn't sit on something and try the best "political way" of doing things.

A REAL leader. Not someone who just sits in a chair, collects a pay check and calls themselves POTUS.

I want a CEO to be an actual damn CEO.

Not some puppet led around by their nose and told what to say, when to say it by their party.

Weak leaders can be pushed around shoved around, bought off, bribed and intimidated by others. That is NEVER a good thing for a nation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yes, I want my airplane pilot, the captain of the ship, the driver of the car, to be steadfast under pressure.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Billions in trade in the South China Sea, I have to agree that war is inevitable there. However, considering our economic climate and the last 10 years or so, I seriously doubt we will be involved, at least largely, in another major mid eastern conflict.

The US has only been in power for less than 300 years, we still got quite a ways to go and as an American, I will make sure to do what is possible to ensure that continued vision.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well, you are not Bannon and have the president's ear and trust.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join