It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tweets: 'Iran has been formally PUT ON NOTICE'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Is Iran too backwards to twit? Or are their top researchers working on the ultimate response that will destroy god emperor? This potential threat should be given as much attention if not more than their nuclear program.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Caver78

I fear for the safety of my family and America. I will not get over it.

Then get help for your very irrational fear issues, or emigrate to a safer place (assuming there is one).
America was built on "freedom" for it's citizens. Even the unpopular citizens.

Obama was just as traumatic for many but despite his best laid plans the US survived. Nixon was a paranoid freak show.
Bush couldn't spit out a coherent sentence FFS!
Yet Trumps tweets have you cowering?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I was never afraid while Obama was president.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Not everyone is protesting.

Most aren't.

Most are actually working and getting on with life.

We get it though. You don't like Trump. I suppose I could make a few calls, see if we can get him to quit, or we can all do that "Jeanie" thing and cross our arms and blink, see if we can get him out that way.

But just in case we can't do any of those things, might want to start accepting the fact that this is how things are going to be for the next 4 years.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Irrational...sure.

When we're at war we'll revisit this thought.

The only thing irrational is trump himself.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"Why did Trump feel the need to do this?"

This new assertive administration is pretty transparent, that is something that we are not use to. Considering the fact that social media is now in our daily lives and something mostly all are accustomed to, you can see how they both go hand in hand.

Do you not want to know what is going on? as an American citizen, be in the know for what is on the Presidents mind? Such a radical shift in etiquette, hmmm?

I have President Trump on my twitter because of how active it is, that man can tweet.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Most are. And let's keep in mind because the moron keeps forgetting or doing trump math on the numbers that he was voted in by a minority.
Most Americans didn't vote for him.
Many who voted for him regret it now.

PS I wish he would quit or die but ive already heard the word impeached being uttered (less than two weeks in lol) so you know, options...
edit on 222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That would be because he "did nothing".

Trump is boldly reaffirming our nations LAWS. Laws on the books for YEARS passed by all previous administrations. In case you hadn't noticed Iran and other ME countries hated us BEFORE Trump.

Obama was soft on this issue and the US basically used financial aide and crappy trade deals to pay them off. That ironically didn't make them hate us any less. Go figure.

Nothing I can say will however change your mind. Looking at history might, from the Korean war right up to last years failed policies and WHY they failed. Why they actually had no chance of success period.

But it's easier to scream change is uncomfortable and blame someone.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We lost the Korean War, Viet Nam, going on 16 yr middle east war. That's strong? And the world is still here.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I take you're "What if ....." as being written in a mocking tone. If you think that potentially putting people's lives at risk is something to be mocked, then I wish I could put you on ignore forever.

You take it wrong , what if .... was not mocking it was what it was , what if is a hypothetical question that could be applied to anything but is mostly used to spread fear , what if NK gets the bomb , what if we get hit by a comet , what if Trumps twitter was hacked , what if ....
By all means put me on ignore , you don't need a button on a website to do that.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

Most are. And let's keep in mind because the moron keeps forgetting or doing trump math on the numbers that he was voted in by a minority.
Most Americans didn't vote for him.
Many who voted for him regret it now.

PS I wish he would quit or die but ive already heard the word impeached being uttered (less than two weeks in lol) so you know, options...

Because the impeachment went so well for the President who was "doing his intern" while on international calls in the oval office?

He got a slap on the wrist IIRC.

You had your 8 years, hope you enjoyed it. Now move over and suck it up like we did for the last 8. Trump is moving this country back to more of it's founding principles. How patriotic of him!

Need a tissue?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I was never afraid while Obama was president.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why not? Your chances of something bad happening while he was president were just as good as now, and just as good before Obama was POTUS.

"We" are never safe. There are a YUUUGE number of things out there that could wipe the human race off the map or completely destroy civilization as we know it.

When I was born back in the 60s, people were still building homemade bomb shelters in their back yards. My entire childhood was under the threat of Global Nuclear Warfare that could happen at any moment.

So the USSR fell, Cold War was over and we were all safe again, right?

Wrong.

As long as there are nuclear weapons on the face of this Earth, no one at any time is safe. Many countries have those weapons and more are trying to obtain them.

A major super volcano can erupt and put the human race on notice.

There could always be a 6 to 10 mile wide asteroid that we've not found that ends up headed our way. We've got nothing right now that can do anything about it.

A smaller 1 mile wide one could easily slam into the Earth any day and make life a living hell for those in the area it impacts, and we're not talking just a few miles.

A pandemic could appear. Highly contagious with a 99 percent death rate. No known cure.

Scientist in a lab somewhere finally create the perfect nanites that self replicate using any materials they can....which get out of the lab.

Our life giving sun could have a major CME that hits our planet, making the Carrington Event in 1859 look like a joke. Electrical grid all around the world is pretty much destroyed along with any non-shielded electronic devices. Welcome to reliving the 18th century for months to years.

Every POTUS people have made the claims we'll be drawn into or will cause WW3 to start. I can remember commercials on TV making claims like that during election times when I was a kid. Nuclear Doom is nothing new, certainly not a new fear to be had:

People have been saying for so very long now (decades and decades) that the world is going to end, we are all going to die, civilization is going to be destroyed, this POTUS is going to destroy American, that POTUS is going to destroy America.......

Guess what? We're still here.

So are the dangers.

But what that means is: People can either let fear lead them around by their nose and dictate how they live and feel (stress kills by the way), or people can accept that there have always been dangers in life, and always will be, and move on, trying to enjoy the short life we each have.

Personally I've always done the latter.........which makes me wonder why I'm a mod here on ATS sometimes, hehehe.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/2/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Personally I'm rather enjoying the tweets that DJT uses.

Obama before taking office promised us transparency of his admin. What we got instead was a window tinted like a arc welder's mask: we didn't see Jack, except what they wanted us to see.

With Trump and his Twitter account, and other social media outlets, he didn't just make the glass clear, he completely opened up the damn window! hahahahahaa!

So instead of prewriten statements doled out by the press, I get to hear POTUS come right out with what he's thinking, his opinion, and telling us how he REALLY feels.

There's another up side to it too: it causes the anti-Trump crowd to explode with their own comments, doom saying, OMG the FEELS!

Pure Gold Entertainment!

I've got to get more popcorn.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Well it would be nice if he didnt constantly lie all the time with twitter.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Obama never displayed the wild mood swings that Trump does. Trump seems to be bi polar.

I fear wars with China, Russia, Iran, ISIS, because I have grandchildren. And I don't think any nation can win a war anymore without annihilation of land and millions of people. If diplomacy fails, we are all doomed.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

We lost the Korean War, Viet Nam, going on 16 yr middle east war. That's strong? And the world is still here.

My point exactly.
The US used policies of interference with other nations internal governments and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!!

Trump is dialing that back because it's NEVER worked and currently we can't as a country financially afford policies like that anymore. How don't you get this?

Trump's emphasis is on a better quality of life for ALL American citizens.

Other presidents have mouthed this but failed on delivery. Trump is strong on guns, lowering taxes, cutting waste and getting the US fair trade deals, Fixing the VA and making sure our Veterans can actually collect what we've promised them for their service. How in the name of everything holy isn't this good for you?

If the man so much as lowers my federal taxes by 10 bucks that's MORE than any President has done for me in the last 40 years!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

"Why did Trump feel the need to do this?"

To prove he's a whipping boy for the Israelis? Only Benny and his cultist in the American government cried about how bad it was. Now maybe Twitler can show where Iran violated that agreement.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I bet Trump doesn't start a single war and the main reason will be the belief he is willing to start a war. No one will be crazy enough to test him because they can't predict how he will react.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You speak for the rest of the world when you say Trump's the one we all hate and laugh at now?

Keep watching CNN and listening to Hollywood..

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azure

I bet Trump doesn't start a single war and the main reason will be the belief he is willing to start a war. No one will be crazy enough to test him because they can't predict how he will react.

Was that the most short-lived prediction in world history?

Iran says it will not bow to pressure after ballistic missile test
edit on 2-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ok. Then why isn't he pulling us out of the middle east? He has all of congress to help him do it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join