It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tweets: 'Iran has been formally PUT ON NOTICE'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Personally I'm rather enjoying the tweets that DJT uses.

Obama before taking office promised us transparency of his admin. What we got instead was a window tinted like a arc welder's mask: we didn't see Jack, except what they wanted us to see.

With Trump and his Twitter account, and other social media outlets, he didn't just make the glass clear, he completely opened up the damn window! hahahahahaa!

So instead of prewriten statements doled out by the press, I get to hear POTUS come right out with what he's thinking, his opinion, and telling us how he REALLY feels.

There's another up side to it too: it causes the anti-Trump crowd to explode with their own comments, doom saying, OMG the FEELS!

Pure Gold Entertainment!

I've got to get more popcorn.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Flynn announced to the American people on American tv about the stupid notice. Trump is just rubbing salt in the wound. He is going to get us killed.

Clinton supporters were mostly ignoring the fact that she was marching us into WW3. Now Trump supporters are ignoring the fact that he is marching us into oblivion.

This is making me realize that there is no hope with either side considering the lunatics who are in charge.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

I can see people in all three stages at ATS. If things get serious enough, I think 95% of this forum will reach the third stage quickly. Unfortunately, this forum says nothing about the general public.

There may be a glimmer of hope because if you read the comments to the article linked to at the top of the original post in this thread, there seems to be a lot of people who have reached the third stage.

The craziest thing to me is the fact that people in these threads want to shoot the messenger rather than accept the danger we're facing.

I have tons of respect for you and your clarity of insight.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

How do you arrive at that?

Being "put on notice" doesn't mean they are going to be attacked.... Just means they are in violation of the deal

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Flynn announced to the American people on American tv about the stupid notice. Trump is just rubbing salt in the wound. He is going to get us killed.

So Trump had Flynn do a more standard press release AND he used the newish social media as well?

It's 2017, time does not flow backwards. If a seventy year old man can embrace the new tech paradigm maybe it's time to admit your just "clutching your pearls". Harrumphing with indignity that "this just can't be!!".

Looks like the man covered BOTH his bases.
Watching TV did not make kids go blind.
Tang and TV dinners did not keep women from cooking homemade meals.
Roomba's were less life changing than anticipated.

Get over it,

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Imagine if other presidents communicated to the public this way?

FDR: "US Soldiers totally just stormed Beach @ Normandy. Pathetic Hitler. Sad. #BeachParty"

Nixon: "Watergate scandal is nonsense. MSM fake news. #NotACrook"

Lincoln: "Slaves Emancipated. The South is OFFICIALLY ON NOTICE. #NotOnMyWatch"

For someone called Mr. Sensible, you're not being particularly sensible about this tweet are you?

For starters, his word is direct to all of the people, no third party or parties to screw, skew and generally add their biased drivel to muddy the point being made is in the mix. Instead the people (incidentally ALL of the people, from ALL of the world with internet access get to see his words verbatim...clear, concise and impossible to screw around with.

And you don't see the difference between that which was said overtly to all bothered to read it, and secret or militarily sensitive information?

As i say, not very sensible mate.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This isn't unusual.

Many hostile nations in the past have "tested' new administrations simply to see what they can get away with.

Hopefully, Trump will establish a more severe "red line" than the previous administration.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I fear for the safety of my family and America. I will not get over it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Do you fear what Trump may do or Iran?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Because he likes creating drama. He should see how many WW3 threads he created prior to the election results, averaged 3 threads a day.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

When the message was conveyed earlier in the day, it was done the traditional way, verbally. Trump's tweet is historic because it is the first time a POTUS has

How many ways can you skin a cat...this should have been added to other threads. Its all about the stars & flags?

link   
a reply to: MrSensible

You're right. We live in the best time and timeline. Sucks to be those old folks who missed out on that. Those tweets would have been epic.

link   
Forgot to add, despite being President of the USA, Trump is afforded the same constitutional rights as the rest of us including "free speech".

While many use this as "concern trolling" screaming "he's gonna Tweet us into WW3"!!!

He hasn't and there is none here psychic enough or able to predict the future, or ANY guarantees that something like that will come to pass. If ANY of you think the WH IT department hasn't got a 5 min delay set up for contingencies like this you are to say nicely "Tech Backwards".

You can't be bleating your heads off one minute about "Big Brother" and alphabet agencies monitoring everything from our data information with grocery rewards cards to eavesdropping on our cell phones and NOT know the tech is easily available and routinely used in a case like this as a safety precaution.

I can assure you his cell phone GPS was most likely disabled to prevent his location being absolutely known, and more, as ROUTINE Secret Service protocols.

Keep screaming tho...it just shows your ignorance on tech matters.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I fear Trump because he has made even our allies uncomfortable. This Yemen raid did not go well. Bannon says we will go to war with China over the S. China seas.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah like the one he's established with our enemies down under !!!

Oh wait.....

Perhaps this national prayer service he's at now can help.
After he campaigners for re-election in 2020, finds out (jokingly of course) what party the audience members belong to and whether they voted for him or not, (dont worry your jobs are secure...are these appointment positions?? ) and right after they pray....for Arnold Schwarzeneggers ratings on the apprentice to improve.

This is our pathetic loser of a leader....how sad for America.

edit on 222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That's funny, I think our allies are shell shocked by what Obama didn't do.

A strong America makes for a safe world.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Still better than Hillary. . . .

link   
It would be funny if the twit back at him.

A real twitter war.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

There's too much news. It's an avalanche.

What you focus on is what you perceive.

I think you're right about there being too many Trump threads. I think there will be Trump overload at some point no matter important the story is.

And you are the cause of the duplication. We were overloaded with your Russia/WW3 scaremongering

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

What if someone hacked Twitter and changed "put on notice" to "put on attack"?

What if .....

I missed what an important comment this is the first time I read it.

"What if" is what national security protocols and laws are based on. We're talking about people's lives being at stake in both countries as well as possibly the entire world if things got out of hand enough.

I take you're "What if ....." as being written in a mocking tone. If you think that potentially putting people's lives at risk is something to be mocked, then I wish I could put you on ignore forever. I have no respect for that attitude. I don't see how anyone could respect that attitude.

You had the position from the beginning of this thread that verbal communication is "the same" as conveying information through a tweet. You felt that a POTUS conveying information is "the same" as a national security adviser delivering the message.

originally posted by: Caver78
Forgot to add, despite being President of the USA, Trump is afforded the same constitutional rights as the rest of us including "free speech".

While many use this as "concern trolling" screaming "he's gonna Tweet us into WW3"!!!

He hasn't and there is none here psychic enough or able to predict the future, or ANY guarantees that something like that will come to pass. If ANY of you think the WH IT department hasn't got a 5 min delay set up for contingencies like this you are to say nicely "Tech Backwards".

originally posted by: Caver78

Can you document that's the case? Do you remember Trump's misspelled tweet? I would have thought he would have someone checking his tweets before they were finalized, but I don't believe that anymore after there was a misspelling in one of his tweets.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why can't you just let the past go cowboy? Hillary isn't the president. She's not going to get us killed. She's not making decisions that everyone is protesting and the world hates. She's not the one everyone is laughing at.

trump is...This is the reality we need to deal with now.
Get over the Hillary thing already.
As an excuse she's just not doing it any longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join