It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tweets: 'Iran has been formally PUT ON NOTICE'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

President Donald Trump early Thursday echoed his national security adviser’s comments a day earlier that Iran is now formally “on notice” for firing a ballistic missile.

“Iran has been formally PUT ON NOTICE for firing a ballistic missile.Should have been thankful for the terrible deal the U.S. made with them!” he tweeted, without providing any other details.

I realize the story linked to below has already been posted on ATS.

Trump administration 'officially putting Iran on notice', says Michael Flynn

However, I feel like the Trump tweet discussed in the article linked to at the top of this post deserves its own thread for a couple of reasons. First, this is historic because it is the first time a POTUS has used social media to officially announce something like this. Second, the message is far more serious and significant coming directly from the POTUS.

Why did Trump feel the need to do this?

One critical issue to consider with all of this is the following.

Russian-Iranian Cooperation to Bring Peace, Stability to Middle East – Iran's FM

I think it's time to consider whether Russia would defend Iran if it's attacked by the United States. That seems very likely to me, and it means things just got extremely dangerous.

Does anyone remember the following ad? I thought we were so clever.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

President Donald Trump early Thursday echoed his national security adviser’s comments a day earlier that Iran is now formally “on notice” for firing a ballistic missile.

“Iran has been formally PUT ON NOTICE for firing a ballistic missile.Should have been thankful for the terrible deal the U.S. made with them!” he tweeted, without providing any other details.

I realize the story linked to below has already been posted on ATS.

Trump administration 'officially putting Iran on notice', says Michael Flynn

However, I feel like the Trump tweet discussed in the article linked to at the top of this post deserves its own thread for a couple of reasons. First, this is historic because it would be first time a POTUS has used social media to officially something like this. Second, the message is far more serious coming directly from the POTUS.

Why did Trump feel the need to make to do this?

One critical issue to consider with all of this is the following.

Russian-Iranian Cooperation to Bring Peace, Stability to Middle East – Iran's FM

I think it's time to consider whether Russia would defend Iran if it's attacked by the United States. That seems very likely to me. That means things just extremely dangerous.

Anyone remember the following ad? I thought we were so clever.

www.youtube.com...

Call me crazy, but I don't think his tweet was meant for Iran....I think it was meant to let more of the American public know.

The Iranians already knew. I don't think a lot of the public either in the US or Iran knew though....

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Devils advicate here....

Being "put on notice" doesn't mean they are going to be attacked....

Just means they are in violation of the deal

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This man is a friggin idiot, to comment on something that serious in such a way in a tweet is just pathetic, especially considering who sells Iran their weapons.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think it's great that the President is reporting to the people. It's almost like he takes his job seriously.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I realize the story linked to below has already been posted on ATS

So why not add your thoughts to that thread ?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
This man is a friggin idiot, to comment on something that serious in such a way in a tweet is just pathetic, especially considering who sells Iran their weapons.

Is a statement in a tweet somehow less important than a statement made somewhere else? Seems more cost efficient than having a press conference just to say a few good words.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Imagine if other presidents communicated to the public this way?

FDR: "US Soldiers totally just stormed Beach @ Normandy. Pathetic Hitler. Sad. #BeachParty"

Nixon: "Watergate scandal is nonsense. MSM fake news. #NotACrook"

Lincoln: "Slaves Emancipated. The South is OFFICIALLY ON NOTICE. #NotOnMyWatch"

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Hahaha

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

FDR: "US Soldiers totally just stormed Beach @ Normandy. Pathetic Hitler. Sad. #BeachParty"

Sounds like the headlines of the times. The only difference is the medium.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I realize the story linked to below has already been posted on ATS

So why not add your thoughts to that thread ?

I believe the tweet itself is almost bigger news than the message being conveyed in the tweet. The tweet itself is historic, and thus I feel it requires its own discussion.

originally posted by: MrSensible

He just did the equivalent of that today (literally). Although the following is a relatively insignificant point, it's exactly the kind of thing that you wrote.

Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

Link to tweet

I think the following news deserves its own thread.

The Donald Trump administration is too difficult to satirise because it is funny enough on its own, say Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park.

Donald Trump too hard to satirise, say South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone

I just realized that some of these tweets will end up in future history books.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I believe the tweet itself is almost bigger news than the message being conveyed in the tweet. The tweet itself is historic, and thus I feel it requires its own discussion.

I don't see any difference between the tweet and the story , they are the same.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The 'tweet' is noteworthy, if not historic. I don't think the 'State Department' would do their jobs and relay basic info at this point. It's a good thing overall IMO. Out in the open. Clear timelines/delineations. I'd rather read a 'tweet' than some %95 percent redacted blacked out memo 50 years later.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I don't see any difference between the tweet and the story , they are the same.

When the message was conveyed earlier in the day, it was done the traditional way, verbally. Trump's tweet is historic because it is the first time a POTUS has used social media to officially announce something like this.

Let me give you a couple of examples of how the first situation is different from the second:

1. What if Trump wrote, "put on attack" instead of "put on notice"? It's a lot easier to make mistake in a tweet than it is to make a mistake when speaking. Trump has already misspelled a word in a tweet since he become POTUS.

2. What if someone hacked Twitter and changed "put on notice" to "put on attack"?

The more I think about this, the bigger it is.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I think you're being ridiculous and sensationalist. As most of your threads are.

But that's just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I think you're being ridiculous and sensationalist. As most of your threads are.

But that's just my opinion.

I put this thread in the Political Mud Pit forum so people like you could express such an opinion.

If you would like a more balanced view, I suggest you read the comments to the following article. I think you'll see that I'm moderate in my analysis of the situation.

originally posted by: gription

The 'tweet' is noteworthy, if not historic. I don't think the 'State Department' would do their jobs and relay basic info at this point. It's a good thing overall IMO. Out in the open. Clear timelines/delineations. I'd rather read a 'tweet' than some %95 percent redacted blacked out memo 50 years later.

I predict a law will be passed in the future that states information like this can't be conveyed through social media. I'll repeat what wrote above:

1. What if Trump wrote, "put on attack" instead of "put on notice"? It's a lot easier to make mistake in a tweet than it is to make a mistake when speaking. Trump has already misspelled a word in a tweet since he become POTUS.

2. What if someone hacked Twitter and changed "put on notice" to "put on attack"?

This is dangerous stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

1. What if Trump wrote, "put on attack" instead of "put on notice"?

Then he would be an idiot.

What if someone hacked Twitter and changed "put on notice" to "put on attack"?

What if .....

This is your 4th Trump thread today Profusion , slow down.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

There's too much news. It's an avalanche. I read someone today who wrote that it already feels like we've had four years with Trump.

I think you're right about there being too many Trump threads. I think there will be Trump overload at some point no matter important the story is.

There were about four or five articles that I may have posted on a slow news day. Here's one...

I, Donald J. Trump, am exhausting because it is going to take relentless stamina, vigilance and every institutional check and balance this great country can muster to keep me, Donald J. Trump, from going full Palpatine, with the lightning coming out of the fingertips and “fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate.”

We have never faced this before. Purposeful, vindictive chaos. But perhaps therein lies the saving grace of my, Donald J. Trump’s, presidency.

No one action will be adequate. All actions will be necessary. And if we do not allow Donald Trump to exhaust our fight and somehow come through this presidency calamity-less and constitutionally partially intact, then I, Donald J. Trump, will have demonstrated the greatness of America. Just not the way I thought I was gonna.

Jon Stewart Savages Trump: ‘Purposeful, Vindictive Chaos’

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

1. What if Trump wrote, "put on attack" instead of "put on notice"?

Then he would be an idiot.

What if someone hacked Twitter and changed "put on notice" to "put on attack"?

What if .....

I quite agree with Gortex. Times have changed and amid all the "new" uses for social media Marketing, Social Engineering,ad nauseum, President Trump's use is ingenious as he's separated the "need" for the middle man. No longer is the America populace dependent on a third party to release important news as it happens.

My agreement comes as we also have no real need for self anointed "pundits" to tell us what's important and what isn't.

You're prolific with click bait threads absent personal commentary on the subject matter. If all that was necessary was a "Hey look at this" approach we'd call this forum The Daily Mail, not ATS.

Twitter in practicality is akin to the old "emergency alerts" here in the US when used by political figures or government employees "if" used correctly. Right now as this new medium is coming into it's own as a way to quickly getting news and important information out to a maximum audience. I think it's a great tool for this.

As politicians and others move away from Twitter as a agent of opinion building and more to hard news I see the death knell of more questionable news outlets.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Flynn announced to the American people on American tv about the stupid notice. Trump is just rubbing salt in the wound. He is going to get us killed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join