It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stefan Molyneux: Did President Trump Just Save Western Civilization?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I think there may have been too much negativity concerning Trump on the forum recently. I feel like Trump supporters need a good pep talk, and the video above is definitely that.

At the same time, I believe Molyneux's argument is deeply flawed. He's assuming that the planned "safe zones" in Syria and Yemen are going to work. Why would anyone believe that? Please consider the following.

Talks in Switzerland on stemming the bloodshed in Syria resulted in no breakthrough Saturday, but the discussions did yield a decision to keep seeking ways to achieve a truce and resume negotiations.

Secretary of State John F. Kerry, who called the meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and diplomats from seven Middle Eastern countries, characterized the gathering that lasted more than four hours as a brainstorming session that brought some new ideas to the table. However, he declined to specify what those ideas were.

Kerry and Lavrov were joined by diplomats from Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan and Iraq, as well as by the United Nations’ special Syrian crisis envoy.

Syria talks in Switzerland produce only a decision to keep talking

That meeting produced nothing of significance concerning the situation in Syria. Stefan Molyneux believes that a phone call between the leaders of just two of those countries will solve things? Is he serious?

Is Molyneux forgetting the fact that the United States and Saudi Arabia have no business setting up "safe zones" in Syria or Yemen without permission?

In the case of Syria, they need the permission of both Russia and Syria. It looks to me like Iran, Qatar, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, and Iraq will want a say in it too.

The phone call was just a tenuous start. Molyneux admits that he doesn't even know the exact meaning of what was agreed to, but he's already sure it will be a success.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I think more concerning than all of that is how President Trump has revealed a critical and potentially dangerous flaw in his leadership personality when he lost his temper at the Australian PM.

A man in his position cannot be motivated by his temper when making decisions than have global implications. The little spat over Australian refugees might only be a flash in the pan, but what happens if he loses it at the leader of China, or Putin?

What then?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

China is preparing for that.

China military official says war with US under Donald Trump 'becoming practical reality'

The situation concerning "safe zones" in Syria potentially couldn't be more serious. It will come down to how Russia and Syria see the issue. If they're on board with the United States/Saudi Arabian plan, then everything should be fine. If they're not, then I believe the following posts give a good summary of what we would probably be facing.

We have NO RIGHT to enter a sovereign country and do anything without permission of that country! PERIOD! This is against international law and is unethical.
WHY risk going to war with Russia when this is absolutely NONE of our business anyway?! Russia will not stand by and allow our military to essentially take over Syria, which would have to happen if the USA decided to illegally enter a foreign country and declare "safe zones" which would in reality be war zones.

Right on: what if
Syria tried to create a safe zone in the US? What if Syrian,without permission, funded terrorists in the US and made a military invasion? Trump promotes the sovereignty of the US but denies it to Syria? He has also said he would nuke ISIS which is holed up in cities with hundreds of thousands of civilian shields. He also said he wouldn't take nuking Europe off the table. Wake up sheeple, you have been had by a master con man fronting for the Deep State.

Good points made Dale. It seems as though Trump is a warmonger as well as HIllary is/was.
This worries me, and it is starting to worry Russia too. Sooner or later Russia WILL have to respond in a more meaningful manner than it has thus far. (especially with our troops, nukes, and other ordnance on Russia's border.

LINK

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

This rattles me. This kind of thinking is what needs to end if we are to strengthen Western Civilization.

If Syria decides to fight a barbaric civil war in their nation that is THEIR problem. They MUST put up with the carnage and horror of what they do to their fellow citizen and stop involving us and getting us tangled in their horrific savage messes. Same with Iraq and anywhere else. The old excuse of George and Tony being responsible is wearing a bit thin now isn't it?

We are missing the point of President Trump. His vision is for the U.S to not get so involved in the messes that other nations make of themselves. His vision is for the U.S not to become just another mess in the world and to protect the U.S.

Don't you see that Syria destroyed itself by civil war and brother against brother? They thought something could be gained by attacking their own nation? They have become a bloody nuisance in the world. They need to get a grip and solve their own problems. Why should we in the West have to put up with such violent people landing themselves on our doorsteps because their violent behaviour has ruined their own land?

Liberalism did not work. Stop trying to raise it from its deserving grave. It does not matter anymore what John Kerry did as he is no longer holding his former position. That was the mistake of yesterday that has helped to make this awful mess that needs cleaning up. One minute Mr Kerry is having a cosy husband and wife dinner with the Assads and the next he is backing their enemies. We have seen the pictures.

Sorry to be so hard, but any other way of addressing this will keep bringing problem after problem, carnage after carnage. We can't be responsible for all the savage acts of nations.

This new kind of nation politics is our best democratic hope. It makes governments fully accountable even down to how they allow corporations to operate. The governments are held responsible each term by the electorate for the decisions they make. What can be better than that?

Or should we keep taking in wave after wave of people who are unable to create stability in their own lands and who will in the end bring us down to the lows of their self created problems they run away from?

edit on 2-2-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I agree. We don't really know what is going on with Russia. Putin and Trump spoke, but there was not much of substance that came out of the chat. Trump tweeted that he would remove sanctions in return for help with the battle against terrorism. Yet there was no discussion of the sanctions when they actually spoke.

For safe zones to be set up, Trump will need Russia and Assad on board with the idea. Or the potential for it to spill over into new conflict is extremely high.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I completely agree with your sentiments.

Trump got in because we need change. Globalism and this endless PC bs was undermining the very fabric of our societies and destroying our sense of identity.

But...... Trump is starting to look like he might be an unstable leader. And that is a whole new danger in itself. He's got some great ideas, but they need to be moderated and implemented with an even temper.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I don't think Trump's national security plan is working. I feel a whole lot less safe than I did two weeks ago.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Trump and his outburst's are "Hollywoodesque" and to be honest very entertaining, however his treatment of our Prime Minister won't dent any relationship we have with the Yanks because a tonne of us Aussies agree with everything he is doing. I applaud the fact he is saying the deal is crap, it is crap and if I were a US citizen I would be saying well done Trump keep these financial fugitives...I mean refugees
where they are !
edit on 2-2-2017 by mazzroth because: typo's

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

It's a great point that establishing "safe zones" in Syria and Yemen have nothing to do with making America great. At the same time, we have to consider the following.

Trump says he will stand '100% with Israel'

Could the "safe zones" in Syria and/or Yemen help Israel? I think it's too soon to say because we don't have any specifics about what the "safe zones" will be.

Did you see the following story?

McConnell to Trump: Do not lift sanctions on Russia

That story really contradicts the picture of Trump that he tries to portray himself as. I don't think Trump will do anything about the Russian sanctions unless the GOP agrees.

As the article linked to below explains, most likely no one will be reigning in Trump too much. We could be looking at a worst-case scenario in many key areas.

How to Build an Autocracy

a reply to: MOMof3

You better get that kind of talk out of your system while it's still alright to question the Führer.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

The situation concerning "safe zones" in Syria potentially couldn't be more serious. It will come down to how Russia and Syria see the issue.

No, it only depends on Syria's view. Russia is already on board.
Lavrov: Syria ‘safe zones’ possible if Damascus agrees

Russia may support the US initiative to establish so-called ‘safe zones’ for refugees in Syria, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said. The plan would require close cooperation with the UN and approval from Syrian President Bashar Assad’s government, he added.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The situation concerning "safe zones" in Syria potentially couldn't be more serious. It will come down to how Russia and Syria see the issue.

No, it only depends on Syria's view. Russia is already on board.

Russia is already on board? Is that an alternative fact? The title of the article says it's "possible." The first paragraph of the article says, "may support." Who are you trying to fool?

Russia may support the US initiative to establish so-called ‘safe zones’ for refugees in Syria, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said. The plan would require close cooperation with the UN and approval from Syrian President Bashar Assad’s government, he added.

Lavrov: Syria ‘safe zones’ possible if Damascus agrees

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Did President Trump Just Save Western Civilization?

If that means by destryoing the USA, via constructing a clepto- and plutocracy, the answer clearly is:

Yes!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Wasn't "safe zones" or areas of demilitarization the plan Clinton wanted to pursue?

It's always going to be the case of how you enforce it and quite frankly I think that we won't get permission... That ship sailed a long time ago.

I've always thought Assad would have welcomed western intervention against insurgency, because let's face it, this thing stopped being a civil war a while ago.

Now though? We ain't welcome, Syria was on it's last legs when Russia stepped in.

If progress is to be made in Syria, all nations need to approach the thing humbly and honestly. No point wasting more time on narrative, let's just get some decent humanitarian aid on the ground.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

RT wouldn't put out a report saying that unless they were on board. The following sentence basically lays out the "may" of it.

If Assad says yes, Russia is on board, it's really not coded language there.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Do you think Assad would accept such a thing?

Because what I've seen of the Syrian government is one that prefers to do what it can alone, outside intervention for the government has been primarily voluntary till Russia stepped in.

Let's not forget Assad could have taken Russian help for a while before he actually did.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Let's not forget the fact that Trump talking to the king of Saudi Arabia about establishing "safe zones" in Syria (without contacting Syria about it) must be deeply insulting to the entire country of Syria. It's as if they don't even exist. It's as if they're opinion is irrelevant. I believe that is madness.

I think the article linked to below is very relevant to your point of view.

"Anyone, any terrorist who holds a machinegun and started killing and destroying in Syria was supported by Israel, either indirectly through the logistical support on the frontier, or sometimes by direct intervention by Israel against Syria in different areas in Syria."

As Assad put it, Israel has adopted this so-called policy "because Israel is our enemy, because they occupy our lands, and they look at Syria as [an] enemy of course, and for them they think if they undermine the position of Syria and make it weaker as a whole, as [a] society, as [an] army, as [a] state, that will prevent Israel from moving toward the peace, and the price for peace is to give back the Golan Heights to Syria. So, for them, Syria will be busy with another issue now."

Syria's Assad: Israel No Different Than ISIS, Al-Qaida
read more:
www.haaretz.com...

Considering the following...

Trump says he will stand '100% with Israel'

If Assad believes that the United States is hoping to establish "safe zones" in Syria to help Israel in any way, I think he would be crazy to approve the plan.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Personally, I think yes. I think Assad wants the US out and fast. The migration of refugees is currently part of that process, and relocating them temporarily inside Syria itself is much easier than waiting for the current worldwide migration process.

Trump may actually bring some sanity to this situation given the seemingly somewhat friendly tone he and Putin share. Syria is a no-win situation as it stands now that Russia is there backing Assad.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
slobberring clinton makes it all better?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

China loses, they understand this. You read too many cartoons.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gription

China loses, they understand this. You read too many cartoons.

I only noted that China is preparing for war with Trump. That's a fact, and it has nothing to do with cartoons.

Paul Craig Roberts has written that the United States could lose a war with China.

Our Prospects Against The Russians And Chinese In World War III

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join