It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Can We Keep This Up

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The hypocrisy!

Calling me a hypocrite and bringing up the tea party had nothing to do with the fact that many of these "protesters" are not genuine.

And also, I did not support the Tea party either (I don't support political ideals just for the sake of it like many do, it is beyond idiocy to do so.) but thank you for assuming I am far right because I support many of trumps EO's.

And so what? What does saying, "well the right did it so the left can too" add anything constructive at all?

Trying to correlate 2008 with now you can see some major, tremendous differences.

And thats what people such as yourself are remaining willfully ignorant of.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is the new normal for the left.After finding out that their own party hijacked their nominating process in favor of Hillary,the left just lost it.Now they are just lashing out at everyone and everything.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

This kind of knots up in places. What these antifa did last night at Berkley is unacceptable. You don't need to start fires to make a point and smashing things isn't free speech. However, I do believe it is right to protest Milo .

What exactly are you protesting? how about debate him? No, instead we're just going to shout meaningless slogans because our arguments suck.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

First of all, I did not name call you, or anyone else. I do not know where you got the idea that I did, but it was not from reading my post, unless of course you wanted to read something into it that was not there.

And as for what is happening now... Very slick, but you cannot throw this stone unless you have NEVER stepped foot in the glass house. The Tea Party WERE savage in their behaviour, thuggish in their attitudes, their "protests" were little more than excuses to block accesses, scream abuse, pull hair, throw things at people just going about their daily business, and so on. That is what happened. It does not matter a damn that they are not doing those things now, why would they? The government does it for them now!

Not sure what Tea Party protests you witnessed, but I saw very little violence associated with them.

Violence & Arrests While there have been a few incidents that the media tied to the Team Party, Tea Party rallies have not (as far as I can tell) been involved with any arrests, any allegations of violence or any run-ins with law enforcement.
The Occupy movement has not been so lucky. The number of arrests made at Occupy movements seems to be near 2,500 and still growing. There have been many times when police officials felt compelled to react and control the crowd (most notably in Oakland, as one HeadCount blogger has discussed). Perhaps worst of all, there have even been reports of sexual assault at Occupy events.

Headcount.org

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
You have the right to free speach only when it doesnt upset the liberals .

If that isn't psychological projection I don't know what is.
edit on Thu February 2nd, 2017 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There's a fundamental misunderstanding here about the nature of free speech.

You have the right to free speech, but you do not have the right to expect or demand that anybody listen to you.

You do not have the right to be given a platform for your speech, particularly if you are preaching hate speech, as Milo does.

And you do not have the right to demand that other people don't get to exercise their rights to free speech to call you a fascist little ****.

And no-platforming hate-preachers is a viable response to hate speech.

We no-platform radical islamist preachers. We should also no-platform fascists.

Rather than being a sign of the impending destruction of society, this is actually a sign of a healthy society.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Free speech doesn't require that venues have to accept your bids to speak. Those responsible for the decision to let Milo speak at Berkley ought to be reevaluated for their positions. David Duke wouldn't be welcome either. Hate can take it to the Commons if they find themselves continuously rejected and I hope they do.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
They didn`t have a permit to protest, in any case it wasn`t a protest it was a riot.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Protesting is not the issue. Using the 1st as it was meant to be used is fine, no matter how much I may disagree. The line is crossed when the fires and destruction of property begin. The assaults, even if they are few in number, do exist in video.

What is also going on, as it has been the claim, is that a small contingent of outsiders are getting in on the action and taking it upon themselves to cause this. While there may be in fact, a number of protesters who will acknowledge that this goes against the message and direction of the protest, they certainly aren't trying to differentiate themselves from that group.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
You have the right to free speach only when it doesnt upset the liberals .

If that isn't psychological projection I don't know what is.

This is why your "team" can not sit at the big boy table.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The platform upon which Milo was speaking was technically paid for. They can say, whatever, however. This is beyond speech but is violent reaction to speech.

I think Milo fully understands his words are not universally accepted. I also believe he allows for open debate.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Painterz

The platform upon which Milo was speaking was technically paid for. They can say, whatever, however. This is beyond speech but is violent reaction to speech.

I think Milo fully understands his words are not universally accepted. I also believe he allows for open debate.

Like Trump's Chicago rally?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yes, and also at least one other time that I'm aware of involving Milo.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That's the same question Pfizer asked. Just look at what that did to society.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

I'm not familiar with the name Pfizer outside of the medical establishment unless that is a typo.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm not familiar with the name Pfizer outside of the medical establishment unless that is a typo.

It's, um, not a typo. Just a test... I suppose...

I'm still on your side. I think.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Not really a side per say. I mean freedom of speech seems a fairly unifying subject. I just didn't get the reference and wasn't sure if I was ignorant or if you mis-typed.

Now we know

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Free speech. Thoughts and ideas. The very foundation that civilization is built. Without words we will use swords and return to a state of barbaric savagery that we fought so hard to rise above.

Last night I watched yet again free speech get stomped out and shut down with nary an argument but by force. A mob mentality that threatened not only the safety of the speaker but of any onlooker or cameraman.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How long can this go on?

Perhaps a little melodramatic but it illustrates the point.

I say F that Nazi and his hate speech. Shutting down Nazi's is an American tradition.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Except that saying he is a Nazi, doesn't make it true. Even if he was, guess what they get the same free speech you do because THAT is American tradition.

You can not seem to win an argument so the tactic is to divert to false accusations and ad homs. You lose the argument and get to look like the fool.

Congrats.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You should read the constitution. It's one thing to have free speech. It's another to incite others to act, which is not protected speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join