It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mummified royals who loved tattoos and cannabis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hi all some amazing and beautiful finds in the Altai mountains of Siberia.
Preserved in the Icy climate of Siberia , the grave hill was excavated and now researched with modern tech.
Although a lot has been stolen over the years by grave robbers, there is still some amazing stuff left.

A quote:

Archaeologists found evidence of cannabis being burned in their tomb as they were dispatched to the afterlife, and nine geldings, saddled and harnessed, were also sacrificed and placed in the tomb.

The 2200 year old Caucasian mummies had beautiful tattoos, had their brain removed by a hole in the scull.

Along with some of the oldest tapestries found

And a carriage

Read more and more pictures :

Siberian Times

Daily Mail

edit on 2-2-2017 by EartOccupant because: Underground disturbance

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The tapestries impress me as much as anything. Amazing find and thanks for posting S&F

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I saw this yesterday on livekeak.

Although, I personally don't have any tattoos and don't find them to be particularly attractive, the cannabis element to this story is intriguing.

I wouldn't be surprised if further excavations yielded an ancient remedy involving cannabis.

The ancients knew better than to outlaw mother nature.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Here is a 2700 year old bag of MJ

www.oddee.com...
www.nbcnews.com...-HwkeOSzCs

Nearly two pounds of still-green plant material found in a 2,700-year-old grave in the Gobi Desert has just been identified as the world's oldest marijuana stash, according to a paper in the latest issue of the Journal of Experimental Botany.
A barrage of tests proves the marijuana possessed potent psychoactive properties and casts doubt on the theory that the ancients only grew the plant for hemp in order to make clothing, rope and other objects.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

They sound like my kinda Mummies!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

I wonder if we could smoke them.
I'm pretty sure people used to grind mummies up and snort them lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

haha hell yeah lets snort them!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I think we should call that:

"Spirit Snorting"

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Scythians I imagine?

After the burial, those engaged in it have to purify themselves, which they do in the following way. First they well soap and wash their heads; then, in order to cleanse their bodies, they act as follows: they make a booth by fixing in the ground three sticks inclined towards one another, and stretching around them woollen felts, which they arrange so as to fit as close as possible: inside the booth a dish is placed upon the ground, into which they put a number of red-hot stones, and then add some hemp-seed.

Hemp grows in Scythia: it is very like flax; only that it is a much coarser and taller plant: some grows wild about the country, some is produced by cultivation: the Thracians make garments of it which closely resemble linen; so much so, indeed, that if a person has never seen hemp he is sure to think they are linen, and if he has, unless he is very experienced in such matters, he will not know of which material they are.

The Scythians, as I said, take some of this hemp-seed, and, creeping under the felt coverings, throw it upon the red-hot stones; immediately it smokes, and gives out such a vapour as no Grecian vapour-bath can exceed; the Scyths, delighted, shout for joy, and this vapour serves them instead of a water-bath; for they never by any chance wash their bodies with water. Their women make a mixture of cypress, cedar, and frankincense wood, which they pound into a paste upon a rough piece of stone, adding a little water to it. With this substance, which is of a thick consistency, they plaster their faces all over, and indeed their whole bodies. A sweet odour is thereby imparted to them, and when they take off the plaster on the day following, their skin is clean and glossy.

Herodotus Histories Book 4, not always reliable, but sometimes nails it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

www.oddee.com...

Nearly two pounds of still-green plant material found in a 2,700-year-old grave in the Gobi Desert has just been identified as the world's oldest marijuana stash, according to a paper in the latest issue of the Journal of Experimental Botany.
A barrage of tests proves the marijuana possessed potent psychoactive properties and casts doubt on the theory that the ancients only grew the plant for hemp in order to make clothing, rope and other objects.

I wonder if this guy knows that's the wrong glass apparatus for that substance???

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

www.oddee.com...

I wonder if this guy knows that's the wrong glass apparatus for that substance???

What really impressive is how well preserved that 2700 year old Ziplok® is!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Did they find the stash of 2700 year old bic lighters yet?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Did they find the stash of 2700 year old bic lighters yet?

NO..... They were stolen years ago!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I hope so, it would clear up a hell of a lot of questions i've got!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Absolutely Sycthians, given the location.

Which, for me, raises an interesting question. If you look at the carriage, it has spoked wheels. The Secret History of the Mongols gives Tsubodai credit for changing carriage design from solid discs to spoked wheels - around 1200 years later. So this indicates that the Mongols / Tartars / Scythians suffered from the same memory farts as the rest of the world (loss of knowledge). What caused it?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What I find fascinating is the constant use of cannabis has been found around the world and is probably the very first plant to be harvested for both recreational and medicinal properties.

Yet here we are, 2700 years later and it's demonized.
All for profits, as recent history has proven.

Good find, nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

Cannabis may just save the whole fing planet!

(post by Naabaahii removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Tnx for the additional info

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Thanks, nice additional info on their cannabis use. The "Ice Princess" used it to treat her cancer pain - www.abovetopsecret.com... Anyone interested more into their tattoos, see Source - Siberian Times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join