It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Trump to focus counter-extremism program solely on Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Reuters

The Trump administration wants to revamp and rename a U.S. government program designed to counter all violent ideologies so that it focuses solely on Islamist extremism, five people briefed on the matter told Reuters.

The program, "Countering Violent Extremism," or CVE, would be changed to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism," the sources said, and would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.

Before you guys start with your usual nonsense, no I'm not butthurt, no I'm not an SJW nor a snowflake. At some point you guys are going to have to realize that people criticize President Bann... er Trump because they feel there's something legitimate to criticize.

This is one of those things for me. How on Earth is it going to make America safer if we ignore known threats? Is this a pay off for getting him elected?

This is absolutely insane to me.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
With the way liberals acting better add them to the extremist list too .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I Think it began with the Bush admin, and then Satan ... err Obama and friends inc.

Now the reversal is in effect and people are going full retard because, deprogramming effects.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Aloha snackbar?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gription

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Good article. S*F

Some concerns within:

Many community groups, meanwhile, had already been cautious about the program, partly over concerns that it could double as a surveillance tool for law enforcement.

Among those approved were local governments, city police departments, universities and non-profit organizations. In addition to organizations dedicated to combating Islamic State's recruitment in the United States, grants also went to Life After Hate, which rehabilitates former neo-Nazis and other domestic extremists.

Kind of screams slush fund.

An overview of what it is.
www.start.umd.edu...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

According To CAIR, it already does.

www.cair.com...

Looks like a handout program, 10 million up for grabs.

www.cnsnews.com...
edit on 2-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Liberals are largely pacifist but there's definitely Leftist groups that are or were at least being watched for Domestic Terrorism. As a leftist myself I would agree that there are Leftist groups that have earned suspicion. I guess they get a free pass now too though.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
White Supremist groups aren't even a threat any more. But it would be a good idea to keep an eye on them any way.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Taking into consideration how radical Islam is a danger around the world this is a good ideal, after all we allow one million Muslim to enter the US every year on visas and green cards, many become citizens, we better make sure that is not radicalization of the young within our soil.

After all the reason America is taking refugees from Muslim countries is to make sure that the young males do not become radicalized.

We the tax payer pay for these refugees to come into our nation, we feed them, give them housing, education, relocate them into our society, our neighborhoods, so we better make sure their young are safe from radical groups.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is no surprise as Trump is somewhat of an ally to white supremacists - he probably sees watching them with a government program as taking away their civil rights, while doing the same thing to Muslims doesn't do that for some reason. Christian extremists and white radicals and other crazy people have committed terrorist acts on U.S. soil. In fact, it happens more than Muslims. This is simply bad policy.
edit on 02amThu, 02 Feb 2017 00:17:18 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Anything can be misused and abused. Changing the broad focus to a single one seems not only inflammatory and 'patriotically correct' but outright foolish and certainly won't correct abuse of the program.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

I think you need to do some research.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Are you really going to ignore the domestic terrorism that has happened in the last 10 years or so that had nothing what so ever to do with Islam?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: JinMI

Anything can be misused and abused. Changing the broad focus to a single one seems not only inflammatory and 'patriotically correct' but outright foolish and certainly won't correct abuse of the program.

Or could it be a matter of redundancy? How many watchdog and educational services already exists among social media campaigns to attempt and out extreme behaviors?

link   
a reply to: darkbake

Yes, sadly that is how bigotry works.

link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Wow, you are so misinformed. If you ever grow out of soros, I'd like to see it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's not like they found christian terrorists setting bombs in Muslims houses to celebrate trump winning.

Oh wait, we live in a dystopian reality and that's true.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gription
a reply to: gription

You lovist your soros to the death u disgusting littl pig.

Why are you chastising yourself? Get a Grip..tion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join