It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's 'Muslim Ban'- What You're Not Being Told

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
For me, StormCloudsGathering has been a cornerstone of confirmation among many topics for some time now. I'm glad he's back.

In the video, he addresses the national uproar by asking where was it during the process that lead up to the 'ban''?

Here's the transcript.

The mainstream narrative on Trump's immigration ban is intentionally avoiding the core issue.

On Friday January 27th, 2017 President Trump issued an executive order suspending the Syrian refugee program and temporarily banning entries for people coming from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen and Syria.

The backlash has been fierce and public figures around the world have voiced their outrage. On one hand this is understandable, given the humanitarian implications, however one has to ask: Where was this outrage when the refugee crisis was being created? Where was the righteous indignation in 2011 when the Obama administration toppled the Libyan government, first by sending in the CIA to back rebel groups (that ended up having direct ties to Al-Qaeda) and then using airstrikes to finish the job?

Prior to this intervention Libya had one of the highest standards of living of any country in Africa (according to the UN). They even had free healthcare.Today the country is a failed state, plagued by ongoing violence. That's why these people are trying to escape.

And where was this righteous indignation in 2012 when the U.S. began providing weapons, money and training to rebel groups in Syria in an attempt to overthrow Assad? Even at the time it was known that most of these weapons were ending up in the hands of jihadists, and it was no secret that these groups were committing horrific atrocities. Again why do you think these people are trying to escape?

Then there was Yemen, where the Obama administration quietly supported Saudi Arabia's bombing campaign for over a year, before finally getting their hands dirty and launching direct airstrikes in 2016.

This warmongering continued till the very end. Here's a map of where the 26,171 thousand bombs Obama dropped just in his last year of office fell.

Bombs dropped by Obama in 2016

You know it seems to me that the inhabitants of these countries would have preferred that you stand up against the wars that destroyed their homeland before and while it was happening, rather than take issue to where they are allowed to go in the aftermath. Just saying.

None of this is a defense of Trump's order. It doesn't make any sense that Iran be included on the list while Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Egypt get a free pass. Especially considering that Saudi Arabia is most prolific purveyor of Wahhabi extremism in the world. That is of course unless you look at this through a geopolitical lens. Which brings us back to the real crux of the issue: war.

After 8 years of covering for Obama's foreign policy, the left already has a credibility problem, and the current strategy of throwing temper tantrums at Trump's each and every turn (which started before he took office) isn't helping. Inside your echo chamber you might feel like revolutionaries, but from the outside, your selective outrage is reeks of hypocrisy and low brow partisanship. You're also burning through your ammunition before the battles that are really going to count (like another war or an expansion of police state powers).

Make no mistake. Trump is just getting warmed up.

Article.

Here is the video.

It's true, in barely 2 weeks in, this man is making waves bigger than the pacific. I like Trump and I really think people need to open up their minds to what is ACTUALLY going on.

I've been hearing talks and rumors of war at home over this man's decisions. Let me tell you, if something happens to the point where the people are fighting each other in the streets, it will be due to a lack of information and/or misinformation.

Please note that I did a search an no results were found.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

The progressives don't want to see it. They want to avoid any fact that it could happen, because if they admit it then they would have to admit that it is not about racism, or bigotry.

They would rather this nation burn than to admit they are wrong.

Thank God we have people that no longer care what they think.

Great OP.

edit on 1-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Plenty did protest Obama's actions in the ME but let's not pretend it's his mess alone. The wars in the ME were always going to happen, that's where the most oil is. To me that makes it all the more our responsibility to take in refugees of those wars.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It's most definitely not Obama's mess alone. The United States' involvement in the ME is something that's been a happening, primed, and plotted for decades.

I understand that you feel the way you do. However, I think we should take a step back on taking in refugees right now. There are bigger happenings on the chess board at the moment.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

When we can get a good vetting process I will agree with you. Libya...all Obama. Egypt...all Obama. Syria...yep...all Obama. Trump wants to focus on Isis and then get out of there.

Assimilation to western civilization must be the top priority of any immigrant that enters our nation. If that cannot be assured then no refugees. No matter why. Sometimes thinking with our hearts leads to disaster, and if you cannot use discriminate thinking then rationality is lost.
edit on 1-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You forget the drugs in Afghanistan? Whats a party without the drugs? Sent back in American coffins

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I watched a video that showed our troops guarding the fields while an afghan was taking care of the poppy.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What Muslim ban?
Where?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Trump said he was going to do this pre election . He got voted in, people need to deal with it .

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
What Muslim ban?
Where?

That's what I'm wondering! Did we miss something TinFoilTP? A "MUSLIM BAN"? That would be horrible!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

😂😂😂😂😂

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Plenty did protest Obama's actions in the ME but let's not pretend it's his mess alone. The wars in the ME were always going to happen, that's where the most oil is. To me that makes it all the more our responsibility to take in refugees of those wars.

Asia uses more of their oil than we do, go talk to Asia, send the refugees there by using your own logic.

Asia’s share of Middle East exports has increased from 60% in 2001 to 75% in 2015

Source

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Trump said he was going to do this pre election . He got voted in, deal with it

It's just that eveyones in shock...After these last few elections, no one believes these politicians are going to do what they say they are going to do, they talk a good game , but in the end they fall in line with the NWO banking cartels ...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this, I refer to this dude as "Stormclouds Guy" and have turned a lot of people on to him. He has the ability to strip the US political BS from an issue and show what's really happening geopolitically, and why.

I already see the partisan bickering happening, clearly the purpose of the video went right over people's heads...

After 8 years of covering for Obama's foreign policy, the left already has a credibility problem, and the current strategy of throwing temper tantrums at Trump's each and every turn (which started before he took office) isn't helping. Inside your echo chamber you might feel like revolutionaries, but from the outside, your selective outrage is reeks of hypocrisy and low brow partisanship. You're also burning through your ammunition before the battles that are really going to count (like another war or an expansion of police state powers).

Make no mistake. Trump is just getting warmed up.

The reason we can bomb Yemen and Syria and Libya without declaring war is because of the Authorization of Military Force Against Terrorists. This insane abuse of power has been active for over 15 years now. We've been bombing the utter hell out vast swaths of the Middle East for years. Because of terrorists right?

None of this is a defense of Trump's order. It doesn't make any sense that Iran be included on the list while Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Egypt get a free pass. Especially considering that Saudi Arabia is most prolific purveyor of Wahhabi extremism in the world.

The destabilization of the Middle East has been an obviously nonpartisan effort that's been in play for years now. These refugees are the blow-back from it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Kali74

Asia uses more of their oil than we do, go talk to Asia, send the refugees there by using your own logic.

Asia’s share of Middle East exports has increased from 60% in 2001 to 75% in 2015

Source

It's not about who uses it, it's about who profits from it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

You've been around forever.....based on what i see here, you should be posting more often.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

edit on 222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr YES! Agreed. I was one of the few people actively protesting the regime change and proxy war operations in Libya and Syria. Combined with the destabilization of Iraq, these situations are what have created the refugee crisis. Where were most people's outrage? The way to stop or reduce refugee issues is to stop our destruction of the ME.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Many of us that are supporting this temporary ban and the indefinitely ban on countries of interest, voted for Trump because we know what is going on and what has been happening for the last two decades or so.

The amazing thing is that he is doing what we voted him to do.

Is not that people are been misinformed, I am sure that by now those that were and are intelligent enough to understand the bias from the fact can tell.

Now in America is a new generation of activist young, many the children of foreign refugees that now are using their American status to pursue agendas fueled by the lack of knowledge of Americas law willingly and perhaps behind a more sinister reason.

This activist are recruiting minority groups of American youth that has grown in an era where they think that entitlements are a right earned an as inheritance by their parents, where they see no future due to bad policies by politicians in Washington and lack of good employment, to keep them productive and busy.

Then you have the college graduates that should know better but rather have to face the reality that in America education no longer guarantee an employment those are the so call "snowflakes". that they have been told since childhood that they are special and that everybody is a winner and is not losers.

Is a shame that this new young people will be the ones running this nation in the future.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Appreciated! Active when I first joined - got a real job, got busy. Used ATS as a news aggregator for years and realized I wanted to become active again because hate it or love it we live in a fascinating time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join