It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump taps evangelist Jerry Falwell Jr. to lead higher education task force

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It could be an indirect way of suppressing people's ability to think critically, so as to not be able to see what is truly going on in the world and even if they could discern what is truly going on, they could not respond in an effective manner.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
What an irony that the administration that openly hates Islam the most is doing the most to make us look like it.

Yes, they are.

The Dominionists have been pushing for this for quite a while.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
a reply to: WhateverYouSay
I'm not a fan of fundamentalist Christians but they are kittens compared to fundamentalist Muslims. I would rather be told Im going hell then have my head chopped off or worse.

Then you need to check out some of the brutal attacks by Christians in other parts of the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Yeah, Christians have no place in government, only atheists should be allowed to hold government positions.

Creationism belongs in a church not a classroom.

I really hope they aren't going to push that cr@p in the school system. Lets fix stupid not add stupid.

not a good pick on Trumps part on this one.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Global warming is a complete hoax. Perhaps instead of funding global warming research. Trump should fund global cooling research. I guarantee you the science would make more sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

While I'm no big fan of religion being taught in K-12 education, I'm a very large proponent of it being options in higher education as courses, so the fact that he is religious and dealing with "higher education" is not a concern to me.

Also, I'm a proponent of a good hard look at the stranglehold that the Dept. of Education holds over our schools, to include higher education, so the fact that he is concerned about that and wants to deal with it is a good thing--what is concerning is that I don't exactly know what he aims to do about it.

I suppose that time will tell if this will be a bad thing or not, but like the saying goes, hope for the best, but expect the worst.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It could be an indirect way of suppressing people's ability to think critically, so as to not be able to see what is truly going on in the world

Exactly. Messing with our University system is one of the predictions I made in my thread of predictions for this administration and congress. It's gratifying but sad to see that so many of my predictions are coming true, but mysteriously that thread seems to have disappeared. Anyways, I called it, they are going to try to try some kind of actions to make colleges conservative.
edit on 3-2-2017 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

Global warming is a complete hoax. Perhaps instead of funding global warming research. Trump should fund global cooling research. I guarantee you the science would make more sense.

Yes it's a huge conspiracy of scientists all over the world.

You'll excuse me if I don't take your word for it and defer to the data.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yeah, Christians have no place in government, only atheists should be allowed to hold government positions.

Are we allowed to discuss human beings creating new lifeforms like new types of bacteria and viruses in class?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Of course, that's part of understanding the processes that produce certain genetic expressions. That's biology at the molecular level. The basis of which is evolutionary science.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Sounds like a winner to me. Throw all the religious nuts out of government. The government would work a lot better if science ran the government instead of religious fantasy.

I'd say throw all the religious nuts on Earth into space and the world would be a much better place.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: AMPTAH

Of course, that's part of understanding the processes that produce certain genetic expressions. That's biology at the molecular level. The basis of which is evolutionary science.

Ok, then, are we allowed to discuss the possibility that we humans will one day develop the capability to re-create man in our image after our likeness, in class?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

We'd be colonizing our solar system by now if it wasn't for the fact that scientific progress was illegal in CERTAIN FIELDS in ALL of the developed world RIGHT NOW.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Hey is a fact that religion Is dying in America, people are not as religious as they were 50 years ago.

Education makes a big impact, but lately education is also failing the American children.

Remember religion used to be the tool of the church to control the illiterate commoners.

I forgot how much Republicans like to pander to the religious right, but thought Trump was not really a republican so it could not become that bad, I think he is just making some in the Republican party happy.

Actually in the last few years we are seeing an incredible spike in religions worldwide, and the left who supposedly hate religions are all for it as long as its not Christian.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Religion doesn't belong in a class room.

Agreed, a whole lot of other topics are not either...but no one cares.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Except when it comes to the church of climatology.

Then that CREATIONISM is right as rain.

Science can be more dangerous than religion.

See Fatman and Little Boy.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Isn't creationism taught in sunday schools anymore?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Except when it comes to the church of climatology.

Then that CREATIONISM is right as rain.

Science can be more dangerous than religion.

See Fatman and Little Boy.

Fine teach creationism it in reglious studies not in a Scieince Class room.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

How about they actually teach SCIENCE ?

And it doesn't involve absolutism.

It's never settled.

What people call science today is nothing but religious doctrine wrapped up in a nice tidy bow.

That's been hijacked by political agendas.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What's the big deal here?

He is entitled to hold whatever faith he wants. He is entitled to teach whatever he likes in his private school.

Forcing every school to teach creationism would be suicide, won't happen, but maybe there are some out there in the US that want this option?

But is there any indication that even this will happen? What is the task force being created for?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join