It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump taps evangelist Jerry Falwell Jr. to lead higher education task force

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: projectvxn
Evolution is fairy tales, and it is fairies that pass them along, not men

Ok buddy.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Yeah, Christians have no place in government, only atheists should be allowed to hold government positions.

You forgot about CAIR and The Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't know aboiut the details of it, but I wouldn't mind if he was filling a secondary role or on a advisory team. Religion should have no part in the job, but his experience working with a christiain university might make him a valuable source of insight in terms of how to handle regulation. I think nobody, including Jerry himself, expects religion to be part of it.

I suspect this was a political stunt by Trump to send a message. However, behind the scenes it effectively means nothing. It's worrying though he would hire someone because of religion or politics.
edit on 2/2/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Humm, I wonder what kind of task force is going to be and what the targets subjects will be.

Still we need to fix our educational system and not only the higher education, our nation is creating a generation that have no purpose but to become dissenters while complaining about anything.

I don't like religion to become too intrusive when it comes to certain issues, as I don't support organized religion, so I will wait and see what is all about.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Yeah, Christians have no place in government, only atheists should be allowed to hold government positions.

Sounds like a winner to me. Throw all the religious nuts out of government. The government would work a lot better if science ran the government instead of religious fantasy.

Yeah, I'm sure that Technocracy will work out well for you, a perfect utopia I'm sure. Let's just hope they don't find you and your family to be intellectually inferior, or they just might snuff you out of existence, you know, to make way for a more superior race of human. Hmm, sounds somewhat familiar...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I agree that the education system is messed up.

More and more people are entering college with the idea that just having a degree is enough to be successful. It isn't. We already have tons of useless degrees out there like anything that ends in "studies". What a creationist view would bring to the table would set scientific education back and give more credibility to people who think the Earth is 6 thousand years old and that Jesus rode dinosaurs.

link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

That's because Tump is backed by Dominionists who believe in the Seven Mountains mandate.

Yes.

But, you'll probably just be told you're paranoid.

link   

That's because Tump is backed by Dominionists who believe in the Seven Mountains mandate.

. Skimmed you're link that is a pretty heavy ideology. One of the seven points is education this makes a lot of sense.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

It kills me to say it, but I miss Obama already.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I have to laugh at that one, Jesus rode dinosaurs, at least some recognized that dinosaurs existed, I had a friend that was an evangelical that she didn't believe in dinosaurs, when I questioned her on the bones and skeletons, she said that they were no real and she was an elementary school teacher.

What that tells you.

(post by visitedbythem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

No one except hardcore liberals wants a eugenicist government.

The other side of that coin is the "ends justify the means" approach to religious creationism.

The Earth has already suffered one Dark Age, which set human progress back by almost 1000 years.

We'd be colonizing our solar system by now if it wasn't for the fact that scientific progress was illegal in much of the developed world back then.

There's a long track record of religious ideology being used to oppress scientific progress. Scientists throughout history have been persecuted and murdered to preserve the word of unchanging ideologies. That's not a world I want to live in and it sure as hell isn't the world I want my kids growing up in.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Oh, I see.

edit on 1-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The only Dino's that exist now are the ones that just got kicked out of office!

link   
a reply to: infolurker

The Daily Fail yeah! lol.. Im english i know this.

But let me add, there's an ounce of truth in everything.

edit on 1-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
This thread seems to be about fairies, and their fairytales
Need I remind you that the faeries lost, and their faerietails failed,
Get over it now
Your left wing nut religion is a failure,
You continue to look more foolish each and every new day
You can kick, and scream
Lay on the floor, soil your garments, make demands,
march for stupidity,
Violently Attack innocent Americans.
Spew hatred,
Smash store windows,
Rob businesses
do what ever your foolish hearts desire,
But in the end, you just need to get over it.
You belong to us. And we are going to put you into your crib and put you to bed.
Nite sweetie

I wasn't part of any of that garbage. This is called legitimate criticism.

I voted for Donald Trump. But I don't worship at the altars of either traditional religion or political religion. Of which, as I can see, the lines are being blurred.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

a reply to: SolAquarius

It kills me to say it, but I miss Obama already.

If Obama was still President, or if Hillary had won, we wouldn't have had so many entertaining videos. I really liked that ATS clip last night of the School Teacher with the Bullhorn in Seattle... "Phuck you, phuck me, phuck the apple on the damn treeeee!!!"
edit on 2/1/2017 by carewemust because: title format adjustment

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This isn't for education secretary. This is a task force appointment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join