It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump taps evangelist Jerry Falwell Jr. to lead higher education task force

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Daily Mail

President Donald Trump has tapped Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. to lead a White House task force on improving higher education.
Falwell, one of the country's most prominent evangelical leaders, endorsed Trump in January 2016, just days before the Iowa caucuses, which were the first votes cast in the presidential election cycle.

It is becoming apparent to me that President Trump is simply going to push every right wing idea including the bad ones. His administration has shown hostility toward climate scientists and the dissemination of their data. He has spoken out against vaccines. Now he's appointing someone who denies the very basis of biology to a "higher education task force". Creationism has no basis in fact. It is a modern religious fairy tale spun in the hopes of continuing to capitalize on the ignorance and superstition of religious peoples. This guy has no business directing any such task force.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yeah, Christians have no place in government, only atheists should be allowed to hold government positions.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I thought Jerry Falwell had died. (Mandella effect?) Anyway.. I liked him better than Pat Robertson.

Glad that President Trump finds Mr. Falwell's advice/services valuable. Glad he's still alive too. Jerry was very quiet during the Presidential campaign, which was unusual for him.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's Falwell Jr.

All he'll bring to the table is religious fairy tales.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Yeah, Christians have no place in government, only atheists should be allowed to hold government positions.

Creationism belongs in a church not a classroom.

+10 more 
link   

I agree...

Shouldn't the guy in charge of higher education,

Have a higher education ?

This seems like some more right wing belly rubbing.

+15 more 
link   
Perhaps someone should sit Trump down and explain to him what higher education is and why appointing someone from a fake university to run it is a bad idea.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: carewemust

It's Falwell Jr.. All he'll bring to the table is religious fairy tales.

Oh. Thanks for clarifying. Maybe Falwell Jr, will be put in charge of improving campus relations, to prevent riots.

link   

Climate scientists are few, and paid for. They are full of crap. My pops is a super Genius, research scientist ,he has many titles, and has been summoned to the whitehouse. He is 90 and still does research daily.

Let me break it down for you Bro. Everything you know is wrong.

I do however support your right to believe that nonsense you spewed though. I do not know much about Fallwell, but everything else you said is crap.
Have a pleasant evening

+10 more 
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Sounds like a winner to me. Throw all the religious nuts out of government. The government would work a lot better if science ran the government instead of religious fantasy.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This is concerning. I don't care if kids pray to whomever in class but a christian putting there version of of life/history is not okay.

On the other side, I did notice it was a task force to others are involved. Maybe not so one sided.

link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy
I enjoyed your humor

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

That's a very cogent and informative reply

link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Perhaps someone should sit Trump down and explain to him what higher education is and why appointing someone from a fake university to run it is a bad idea.

Donald Trump designed a "fake" University, and the publicity from it helped him become President of the United States.

Things work in reverse now, LOL.

+4 more 
link   
I thought this was a joke thread.

How pathetic it isn't.

link   

That's because Tump is backed by Dominionists who believe in the Seven Mountains mandate.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Jesus H. Christ...that's insane. But totally expected in the Trump mind as rational.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Evolution is fairy tales, and it is fairies that pass them along, not men

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Without talking to this Falwell guy I can't make a judgement whether he is good or bad for that Task force. I know a lot of Christians and even ministers who could do a good job on a task force.

I also know some business men who would do a good job, they would retire all the too highly paid teachers, cut their pensions by a quarter, and make it so the new teachers could make a living wage.

Trump could hire someone without compassion to do that job. If people complain too much about him picking a decent person for the job, I am sure he could find someone to clean house.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

With what we have seen lately coming out of universities, some might say that "they NEED Jusus!"

I don't agree with this however and honestly can't see him providing anything of value to the administration, same with Betsy Devos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join