It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Swann For White House Correspondent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This thread was not my idea, but it's a good one, lol.

The suggestion was made in this thread here.

originally posted by: The GUT
Ya' know, I was thinking the other day, if Trump opens up the White House some to Independent News...who would be better than Ben-Tell-It-Like-It-Is Swann? Nobody I've seen. I'm going to try and push that idea.

Somebody make a thread on it please. I'll contribute biggly I promise. "Ben Swann For White House Correspondent" or some such. In the Political Forum I guess?.

Perhaps it is a suggestion made in jest, but a good case can be made.. This was brought to us by user "The Gut". (all credit to him)

Great idea! Someone needs to get in contact with Mr. Swann.

Currently, he has gone dark, presumably due to some very deep rabbit hole digging. The whole thing seems shady.

Here is the thread discussing Ben Swann going dark...mysteriously.

Ben Swann Going Dark

What do you think ATS?

Discuss!
edit on 1-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

just for the title .S&F for the thread .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Didn't he just sign out with a cryptic message of going dark?

I mean I think he is one of last true journalists left, but after his pizzagate video something went down!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've got 20 bucks that says ... uh uh.

You see ... Ben is prettier than Trump ... so that's a no-go right there.

On top of that ... I don't really believe him ... until I go and fact-check what it is that he's telling me. So, no.

Lastly ... Ben's got an account on ATS ... and President Trump ... does not. If that disappears, so does my wager.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I mean I think he is one of last true journalists left, but after his pizzagate video something went down!

Agreed, something is amiss. All of his channels are offline including twitter, youtube etc..

I can't imagine what would happen if the Donald pulled him out of whatever mess he's in. Trump does NOT like false reports and fake media, Ben Swann could do a lot to help quell all the biased mis-info running rampant right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: seeker1963

Agreed, something is amiss. All of his channels are offline including twitter, youtube etc..

I can't imagine what would happen if the Donald pulled him out of whatever mess he's in. Trump does NOT like false reports and fake media, Ben Swann could do a lot to help quell all the biased mis-info running rampant right now.

After being lied to for so long we can only hope my friend!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I've got 20 bucks that says ... uh uh.

You see ... Ben is prettier than Trump ... so that's a no-go right there.

On top of that ... I don't really believe him ... until I go and fact-check what it is that he's telling me. So, no.

Lastly ... Ben's got an account on ATS ... and President Trump ... does not. If that disappears, so does my wager.

ben swann has an account on ATS?

what? what's the username?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: facedye

Check it out -

Been Swann on ATS

He has a whole separate thread section devoted just for him called "Truth in Media".

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

All of his channels are offline including twitter, youtube etc..

I didn't know that was the case for all of his accounts. Perhaps a marketing stunt???? One can hope, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
My background is journalism at a CBS affiliate in a larger market. I HATED seeing good & important stories get killed because they stepped on some powerful & slimey toes. There were very few true journalists left. And because they were good and cared about people and stories that help the audience make informed decisions, they were marginalized.

So, Thank You, Mr. Swann. You are a rare journalist and much appreciated, Sir.

As far as going dark: He said trust him and I do. But if anything did go wrong, I would imagine his station's parent company said no-no after the fact and the heat is on to reign his wanton truth telling in or lose his contract, thusly having to revamp his packages--that is, his segments.

If the latter were to be the case, I would only expect him to be cooling it long enough to get something real going again.

Ben Swann For White House Correspondent!! Share the thought on social media and other boards!! President Trump and team did seem to open the door for independents and HONEST reporting!!

Tanx, Wookiep!
edit on 1-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is what I've been wondering about actually. Has he been given the chance for this or something similar. If you've seen where he's gone dark, basically scrubbed of old social media. Though, for a new start, for example, why so? Not sure I've seen this with notable people before and their social media.

Okay, seen what was shared above, that helped the question, thanks.

edit on 1-2-2017 by dreamingawake because: ETA

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
And he does have White House experience.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

We need to get that man to this thread, pronto!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

a reply to: The GUT

We need to get that man to this thread, pronto!

wow, INDEED!

he really needs to take his privileges with this community.

we're definitely on a need to know basis.

....i have so many questions. good lord.

i've been on here for many years, but the art of baiting ben swann into a thread still escapes me.

thoughts, ATS?

EDIT:

now that i think about it, him going dark is quite possibly one of the best opportunities for us to have some discussions here between us.

also, even though the pizzagate fact check was removed from CBS46, does anyone know if he's still actually going to be on that channel as stated?
edit on 1-2-2017 by facedye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I U2U'ed him but that won't do much good since he hasn't visited ATS under his login since Sept of 2013. The best bet is as The Gut suggested, which is to spread the thought around social media, and other message boards etc. He is bound to catch wind of it eventually, maybe even come to this thread, who knows!

The internet is a mighty, mighty thing..

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
My background is journalism at a CBS affiliate in a larger market. I HATED seeing good & important stories get killed because they stepped on some powerful & slimey toes. There were very few true journalists left. And because they were good and cared about people and stories that help the audience make informed decisions, they were marginalized.

So, Thank You, Mr. Swann. You are a rare journalist and much appreciated, Sir.

As far as going dark: He said trust him and I do. But if anything did go wrong, I would imagine his station's parent company said no-no after the fact and the heat is on to reign his wanton truth telling in or lose his contract, thusly having to revamp his packages--that is, his segments.

If the latter were to be the case, I would only expect him to be cooling it long enough to get something real going again.

Ben Swann For White House Correspondent!! Share the thought on social media and other boards!! President Trump and team did seem to open the door for independents and HONEST reporting!!

Tanx, Wookiep!

GUT,

greetings. as a journalist, what's your take on pizzagate and his report on the matter?

have you seen what david seaman has been through and documented in this regard as well?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I U2U'ed him but that won't do much good since he hasn't visited ATS under his login since Sept of 2013. The best bet is as The Gut suggested, which is to spread the thought around social media, and other message boards etc. He is bound to catch wind of it eventually, maybe even come to this thread, who knows!

The internet is a mighty, mighty thing..

i would imagine that there's still the slight possibility that he lurks, but that could just be me being optimistic.

also, check out this crazy s*&t:

CBS Imbecile Just Fanned the Pizzagate Flames for No Reason

what a headline!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Yes, that is crazy. I would not consider Gizmodo as a mainstream source, although they have a HUGE influence on social media sites, like FB... weird.

The comments are funny though lol.

With that said, I think it's important that we do not delve too deeply into the "pizzagate" topic because that topic per ATS rules now only belongs in RATS. If staff decides to move it there, then great. However, I would not want to see the removal of this thread.

Something to consider. Great post tho.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hey guys just bumping this. I wonder where Mr. Swann is??? We know he is doing anchor man stuff, so he is OK. I had hoped this thread would have gained more traction, that's partly my fault though. I just hate bumping my own threads.

We need less mainstream media influence in the U.S. In fact, the MSM HAS TO GO!!

Hit us up, Ben!
edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join