It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man says it all

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: 3daysgone

Don't lecture on facts when Trump's admin employs Alt-Facts. My point is, anyone could be a terrorist. The military can not protect you when an event happens.

Congress does not have the right to override the Fourth Amendment. No one has that authority.

I'm not naïve. I've seen all he recent terrorist attacks on American soil...all of which could have been stopped by armed citizens, but the government doesn't want citizens to be armed.

Life is a hazard. Get used to it. I'll leave you with this.

Proverbs 28:1The wicked flee when no one is pursuing, But the righteous are bold as a lion.

Donald Trump is a tyrant. He has already violated two Amendments of our Bill of Rights. What goes around comes around. Maybe not today, but it will happen. A wise man would not be defending him.

Bill of Rights does not apply to non citizens, which is what immigrants who haven't even touched our soil yet are.

Your argument is built on the fallacy that the Constitution of the United States and it's Bill of Rights applies to every human on the planet.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If an illegal alien is arrested for a crime on American soil, he still has his day in court. Why? Because the Bill of Rights applies to any and every human being on American soil.

Aside from that, some of the people being illegally detained are U.S. citizens.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Did you not read about the international airports. You just don't want to see the truth. You don't want to admit it. You would rather see this nation burn to the ground than admit that Trump is trying to protect America.
Your signature says it all.

I salute President Elect Donald Trump with both middle fingers. Let me know when he has made America great again.

You don't want a United States of America. You want anarchy and chaos, which you will try to justify because of you lack of discriminate thinking.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

If an illegal alien is arrested for a crime on American soil, he still has his day in court. Why? Because the Bill of Rights applies to any and every human being on American soil.

Aside from that, some of the people being illegally detained are U.S. citizens.

So potential immigrants living in Iraq who Trump banned from entering the Country have touched American soil in what way?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Im talking about the dual citizens who were detained upon entry.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I just hope Trump "detains" Soros. That would solve most if not all the problems in this country.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Im talking about the dual citizens who were detained upon entry.

But the guy in the video that the thread is about is talking about everyday Iraqi citizens, not dual citizen world travelers who expect the world to bow before them and not make them subject to inconvenience for the sake of public safety. You cannot change the subject and pretend nobody will notice.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Oh dear. Another American who does not understand the second amendment correctly.

By far the most important thing about the second amendment is that it provides the potential for the citizen to rise up and dismantle a tyrannical government. The fact that it also provides one the ability to defend ones life, is utterly secondary to the first, more important factor.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh dear. Another American who does not understand the second amendment correctly.

Oh dear. Another Brit that tries to impute his superior thought over someone in another country.

By far the most important thing about the second amendment is that it provides the potential for the citizen to rise up and dismantle a tyrannical government. The fact that it also provides one the ability to defend ones life, is utterly secondary to the first, more important factor

Yes it is for a tyrannical government, but also as I said for self defense. Self defense may be secondary to you, but to the one who is defending their own life I can assure you that it is the primary.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Self defence is something I advocate for.

I just believe it is ENTIRELY bogus to call out the second amendment in relation to self defence, because as an article of law and constitution, the important element of it is as a control mechanism to collapse out of control government. The life of the individual is worth something to the individual and those they know, but these matters are small in the wider scheme of things.

When you speak of the second, you have to understand two things. First of all, you have the right to defend yourself whether or not there is a second amendment. That right does not come from law, but from nature, as does self determination, the need to breathe and so on. All the second does is provide that you are permitted in law, to possess such arms as would make that job somewhat easier, NOT make it possible, JUST easier. The framers knew that firearms are NOT necessary for self defence, that a bow, or a sword, or an axe, or a knife, or a blow dart, or a club can perform self defence functions PERFECTLY well. The reason they wanted their citizens armed, is not so they could avoid being mugged, or fight off bandits. The primary, the first and most important function on a national level, of the second amendment, is to make possible a revolution when government forgets its place.

Personal protection comes a far distant second, to that first and most important element, regardless of how important it feels in the moment when self defence is called for. Cold as it may seem, defending oneself is not a matter of national importance, but extremely local importance. The second, however, is meant for matters which become historic in their outworking, something no one moment of ballistic self defence from mere banditry will ever be.
edit on 3-2-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I am not the one that brought the 2nd Amendment into the fray so there is that. I just responded to it, just like you.

I guess we will have to disagree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join