It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening Now: Anarchists, Antifa Protesters Shutdown Milo at UC Berkeley

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Grambler

What do you expect from Buzzfeed, there is a reason the President called it a failing pile of garbage.

I have no love for Buzzfeed, but there reporter has been pretty fair. He is not really commentating except on what he sees, and he has mentioned how hostile the rioters are to him and the media.

The Buzzfeed feed is on Breitbart which is where I am watching it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Why would Berkley want this guy to speak in the first place? He sounds just about as controversial as the Far left. Maybe Berkley ought to do a little housecleaning, both of the students that did this rioting and the one who got Milo to speak.
edit on 1-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: shooterbrody

msm isnt covering it
fox did for a bit
msnbc did not at all

the msm will not acknowledge this
milo does not fir their mold
protestors do not commit violence

Even people on the left are getting tired of this.

I don't think they are getting tired of it, because there is nobody of any stature from the Left that is coming out to condemn it.
They are more than happy to watch this nonsense while they are planning their next violent protest.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As a center libertarian its this kind of behavior, which I have seen over and over in the past 2-3 years on both public and personal levels that has caused me to loathe the new left. Its this approach of total intolerance for other points of view that has driven many centrists away from the democratic party.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why would Berkley want this guy to speak in the first place? He sounds just about as controversial as the Far left. Maybe Berkley ought to do a little housecleaning, both of the students that did this and the one who got Milo to speak.

NO!!!!

What are you talking about!

So because this guy is hated by the left, and they then riot, he should be banned? That is asinine!

Remember how controversial the civil right leaders were, and how bigots rioted against them? Well they should have told Dr. King he was too controversial to let speak, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So now they're smashing ATM's, smashing storefronts and taking it down Telegraph Ave off campus.

This will get ugly. During their dumbass OWS protests they left a trail of destruction up and down Telegraph.
edit on 1-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ok so now a protestor jumped on a car and smashed out a window, and so the driver sped away apparently hurting the rioter, and the other rioters went nuts and chased the car. Because the guy in the car must be the bad guy right?

He should have been a good progressive and let himself and his car been beaten.

And now another car has been stopped and smashed, the driver attacked and pepper sprayed. The mob is surrounding his car as he pleads with the mob.

Ah the tolerant left.

And no police to stop them, they will all get away with this. If this were people protesting Obama or someone on the left, the army would have been called in.

But all of these righties, they deserve it.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
This is going on right now. Looks like there's a rather large fire right out front of the building. It's being announced that Milo left the venue.

SFGate - UC Berkeley cancels Milo Yiannopoulos event amid violent protest

After a protest at UC Berkeley turned violent Wednesday night, campus officials announced that a scheduled speech by right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos was canceled.

The Breitbart News editor was set to deliver a speech inside a UC Berkeley campus building but hundreds of protesters began throwing fireworks and pulling down the barricades police set up to keep people from rushing into the building.

The Berkeley Police Department said people were throwing bricks, smoking objects, and fireworks at police officers. Protesters took down a light pole and the building where the event was to be held had windows broken.

“This is what tolerance looks like at UC Berkeley,” said Mike Wright, a Berkeley College Republican member said as smoke bombs went off around him. Someone threw red paint on him.

Protesters argued that hate speech isn’t free speech, countering the university’s explanation — free speech — on why it allowed the event to go on as scheduled.

Actually, "hate speech" is purely subjective and Milo's speech, as disdainful as anyone might find him to be, is fully protected free speech. These idiots aren't doing anyone any good at all. They make the majority of non-violent protesters look bad. They turn folks like Milo into martyrs for the right. I can't imagine anything more couterproductive.

well posted
use the 1st
dont riot or use violence
milo is a jackass but he has the 1st too

Thank you, Milo is a jackass, and he does have the first, but wait isn't he an immigrant? I honestly don't know.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Its this approach of total intolerance for other points of views

This needs major emphasis

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

He's gay. He's jewish. He's a foreigner. He loves black people.

Apparently the new target of the left.....oh wait.
edit on 1-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Which state was it that recently tried to make it legal to drive over protesters?

Should happen here.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

msm isnt covering it
fox did for a bit
msnbc did not at all

I don't think they are getting tired of it, because there is nobody of any stature from the Left that is coming out to condemn it.
They are more than happy to watch this nonsense while they are planning their next violent protest.

Agree. You don't see ANYONE in a leadership position condemning these actions and I doubt you will.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Ok so now a protestor jumped on a car and smashed out a window, and so the driver sped away apparently hurting the rioter, and the other rioters went nuts and chased the car. Because the guy in the car must be the bad guy right?

He should have been a good progressive and let himself and his car been beaten.

And now another car has been stopped and smashed, the driver attacked and pepper sprayed. The mob is surrounding his car as he pleads with the mob.

Ah the tolerant left.

And no police to stop them, they will all get away with this. If this were people protesting Obama or someone on the left, the army would have been called in.

But all of these righties, they deserve it.

edit on 1-2-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Excerpt from: www.msn.com... (This article tends to label the law-breakers as heroes. What a shame.)

""Berkeley junior Fatima Ibrahim, 20, who clutched a “resist fear” sign with a red fist, said she’d talked to the Berkeley College Republicans, the organization that brought Yiannopoulos to campus, Tuesday. She asked them a simple question: “Why?”

Some of them, her classmates, are “level-headed,” people, she said, and she wanted to understand why they’d invite someone whose views so many found so abhorrent.

She didn’t get clear enough answers — she said the group conceded it didn’t agree with all of Yiannopoulos’ viewpoints — so she decided she’d have to protest along with those who felt the same way.

The timing, especially, so fresh into Trump’s early days in office, especially stung, she said.

“As a black Muslim woman, all three of those identities have been targeted throughout (Trump’s) campaign,” Ibrahim said. “To have someone like (Yiannopoulos) come into my campus and affirm those people’s beliefs, it’s very, very hurtful.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder HOW LONG it will take for these young people to understand, and be relieved, that President Trump did not ruin their lives, as they feared he would?

-cwm

edit on 2/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It would be neat if this guy was listened to by these fringe leftys

Not sure who it is, but the stuff he says is pretty dead on no matter what side of what fence you sit on.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

msm isnt covering it
fox did for a bit
msnbc did not at all

Agree. You don't see ANYONE in a leadership position condemning these actions and I doubt you will.

I bet President Trump is following these Berkeley riots. Expect a Tweet from him before long.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

It would be neat if this guy was listened to by these fringe leftys

Not sure who it is, but the stuff he says is pretty dead on no matter what side of what fence you sit on.

Sure that speech is ok. But he fostering of identity politics helped lead to this.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The schools "strong" statement.

We condemn in the strongest possible terms the violence and unlawful behavior that was on display, and deeply regret that those tactics will now overshadow the efforts to engage in legitimate and lawful protest against the performer’s presence and perspectives.

The University and the UCPD went to extraordinary lengths to plan for this event and put the appropriate resources in place in order to maintain security. Officials were in contact with other campuses and paid close attention to lessons learned at the speaker’s prior events. Dozens of additional police officers were on duty. Multiple methods of crowd control were in place. Ultimately and unfortunately, however, it was simply impossible to maintain order given the level of threat, disruption, and violence.

We regret that the threats and unlawful actions of a few have interfered with the exercise of First Amendment rights on a campus that is proud of its history and legacy as home of the Free Speech Movement. As Chancellor Dirks made clear in his message to the Berkeley campus community, while Mr. Yiannopoulos views, tactics and rhetoric are profoundly contrary to our own, we are bound by the Constitution, the law, our values, and the campus’s Principles of Community to enable free expression across the full spectrum of opinion and perspective.

What garbage. They have to virtue signal that the don't like Milo.

Lets see how many people are expelled. My guess, Berkely will cave in and not allow conservative speakers in the future, thereby giving a victory to these rioters.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Watching these deranged freaks live now myself....where are the cops?
Everybody from the Left must really be proud of the scene there.
Time for a civil war folks, everyone of these assholes will have a target on their chest.
They have a "This is War" flag....lets give it to them
edit on 1-2-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

msm isnt covering it
fox did for a bit
msnbc did not at all

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: carewemust

I bet President Trump is following these Berkeley riots. Expect a Tweet from him before long.

Trump is trying to end the Iranian Sex Slave Trade.

He isn't going to waste a second on the infantile scum of Berkeley.
edit on 1-2-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join