It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening Now: Anarchists, Antifa Protesters Shutdown Milo at UC Berkeley

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wait, Berkeley is rioting against free speech? Was CERN running today?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hahahaha!!!!

Watching the protestors chant "BEYONCE! BEYONCE!"

Hahahaha!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I bet you many of those peaceful people are celebrating the effects of this violence; that the Milo event was canceled.

Yes, the latest video seems to have taken on more of a party atmosphere now that Milo's appearance has been canceled and I imagine that in this instance, the student protesters will tolerate the rioting assholes because no matter how injurious to the cause their tactics actually are, they got an immediate result.

I hope that many of them realize that the ends don't always justify the means.

The irony of course is that these protestors are proving Milos point in a way far better than just letting him speak could have.

I do have to be slightly partisan here and say it seems odd that we see this behavior, particularly on campuses, over and over again fro the very people that claim to be the champions of tolerance, who are on the left.

Many of these people have no ideological depth. They're philosophically weak, they have poorly-considered positions and I don't believe that they're honestly all that motivated by politics. To me it seems to have a lot to do with age, base primate behavior and certain personality types.

Consider what the terrorists in San Bernardino, Orlando and Quebec have had in common? 27-28 year-old males. What I'm getting at is that if it wasn't "anti-fascism" or "radical Islam" then it would be something else. Having a purpose is more important than what the purpose is. They're radicals looking for a cause to be radical about.

Don't the same constellation of factors that fuel youth activism, provide the soldiers for both revolutions and terrorist movements?

When do we see the supposed hateful right ever enacting violence to stop someone from speaking. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but with nowhere near the frequency that we see on the left.

Well considering that I'm a leftist and I don't find anything in my politics that justifies this behavior — and in fact, as a liberal, I find it is actually quite illiberal to use force to prevent speech — I have a hard time blaming it on left-wing politics.

There's certainly a well-established correlation between left-wing politics and youth activism. This goes back to the labor movement of the mid-late 19th century when youth were fighting for better wages and working conditions. It continued through the Civil Rights era and in anti-war protests and women's rights, protests for LGBT rights, etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Here is a live stream of it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The feed I am watching (from buzzfeed I think) says he saw several people injured including a man in a MAGA hat who was attacked by a multitude of people and got "wrecked".

Keep in mind, this is just a few violent people, there are tons of people there. Attacking innocents, smashing property, all to censor a speaker they don't like. This is sickening.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Kind of agree. The reaction to shutting down Milo (Bannnon) is likely more a victory by proxy against Trump. The rage in that demographic/locale has been burning for 18 months and there's been proverbial death by a thousand cuts since 1/20.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Milo was just on Tucker Carlson talking about the situation.

@12:25

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Kind of agree. The reaction to shutting down Milo (Bannnon) is likely more a victory by proxy against Trump. The rage in that demographic/locale has been burning for 18 months and there's been proverbial death by a thousand cuts since 1/20.

Will it be a victory when these Marxists are confronted with people prepared to defend themselves?

We are treading dangerous grounds folks! It's all fun and games until a real American who loves Freedom and Liberty kicks your ass because you were clueless of the meaning of the 1st amendment and peaceful protest?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

By the moment the camera gets close to the body, it is just an unmoving body.

Someone strikes the body again with their stick anyway.

The person filming says "Holy #. They're beating people here" and that is the end of the video.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh my god my blood is boiling.

I saw this on Brony's feed. A girl in a MAGA hat is getting interviewed and says she is just there to let her views known, and she respect the peaceful protestors because its rare no days.

And then some coward pepper sprays her from behind.

Unbelievable. But I am sure the MSM will spin this as a great peaceful gathering to fight the fascists right.

edit..

here is the link to it.

twitter.com...
edit on 1-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Just saw this.... Wtf..

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
All the riots/protests since November 8th are people who are still embarrassed and hurt that they lost the election.

They're just making up excuses for continuing to vent.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Be careful with Ian Miles Cheong's twitter feed. Some of his pictures show pools of blood on the ground.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Guy on the buzzfeed livefeed has a message for the audience, I will paraphrase

"The violence that occurred here, I am not condemning it, I just want to say it wasn't to do with UC berkely, because I know the alt Right news like Fox News will blame the school and students"

Notice he doesn't condemn the violence. He is not concerned with the destruction or the people injured, he is only concerned with negative publicity it will bring.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

msm isnt covering it
fox did for a bit
msnbc did not at all

the msm will not acknowledge this
milo does not fir their mold
protestors do not commit violence

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

msm isnt covering it
fox did for a bit
msnbc did not at all

the msm will not acknowledge this
milo does not fir their mold
protestors do not commit violence

Right, they will throw the term fascists around about Trump or any conservative gathering, but when we actually see fascism in action, people being beaten to stop free speech, they have no comment.

Even people on the left are getting tired of this.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Not protestors... Rioters.

The left was concerned Trump would destroy America. Turns out the left will do it with riots while spewing hate and intolerance.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Now you guys see why I'd prefer living in Eastern Europe than here in the Bay.

This is the mentality of many here. Liberal buttcrack of America.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

What do you expect from Buzzfeed, there is a reason the President called it a failing pile of garbage.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I'm afraid the moderate left is asleep at the wheel. They have allowed extremists who don't care about the rule of law nor respect the constitution, to take over their party. It will take them down.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join