It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Mexico: Take care of 'bad hombres' or US might

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Applauding it ?

I can't stop laughing.

Because as you clearly said.

It is absurd.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

What's the "truth in this?"

I'm betting that not only did Trump or his people fake-leak this, they probably did it specifically to ignite a controversy that won't go anywhere. Quite possibly to distract from something else. I have a feeling that Trump will continue to say absurd s# and pull stupid stunts to keep everyone off balance.

It's even possible that they're trying to generate fatigue among the opposition. Keep people protesting until people start ignoring the protests and the protesters get tired of protesting.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You are correct.
If the Trump opponents push the story as evidence Trump being a warmongering nut, then it is possible that they leaked it.
Either way, it seems to be win for both teams with regard to a certain segment of their base.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm betting that not only did Trump or his people fake-leak this, they probably did it specifically to ignite a controversy that won't go anywhere. Quite possibly to distract from something else. I have a feeling that Trump will continue to say absurd s# and pull stupid stunts to keep everyone off balance.

It's not Trumps fault his critics are so easily triggered.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I agree. In terms of geopolitics though, I wonder if and how this purported statement will filter down to the Mexican people and what effect it will have? It seems to me that if this story takes off in Mexico, the Mexicans are not going to look fondly on their president acquiescing to Trump.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I agree. In terms of geopolitics though, I wonder if and how this purported statement will filter down to the Mexican people and what effect it will have? It seems to me that if this story takes off in Mexico, the Mexicans are not going to look fondly on their president acquiescing to Trump.

Good point.
It could have been leaked and then denied by the Mexican leader himself in order to boost his backing by his own population to stand up against Trump.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It seems his call with Australia didn't go so well either.

Instead, President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refu­gee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.

At one point Trump informed Turnbull that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day — including Russian President Vladi­mir Putin — and that “This was the worst call by far.”

What would be the point of this leak if they are doing it on purpose?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
alt-Alinsky tactics.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
lol that has to be a joke, no president talks like that! That would be threatening war with our closest neighbor in the first two weeks...

It has to be a joke...

I hope it's a joke.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
lol that has to be a joke, no president talks like that! That would be threatening war with our closest neighbor in the first two weeks...

It has to be a joke...

I hope it's a joke.

Why are you offended by the word hombre?

hombre
[om-brey, -bree]
noun
man; fellow; guy:
That sheriff is a mean hombre.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Because the mexican people really love getting their heads cut off by the cartels willy nilly?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Good point.
It could have been leaked and then denied by the Mexican leader himself in order to boost his backing by his own population to stand up against Trump.

Or???

Nah, that doesn't make sense for him to say it that way.

edit on 2 1 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The Mexican people live in fear in their own Country.

If they manage to get something nice.

They are kidnapped or killed.

The regular folks would welcome us for Security.

The once proud nation, our neighbors to the South is in trouble.

edit on 1-2-2017 by whyamIhere because: Girl Scout Cookie Nugs

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Hahahahaha!!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It'd be about time. We always claim humanitarian related reasons for war these days, but we never go where it is the worst. We have done little more than sporadic bombing against ISIS, we won't take on North Korea, we turn our backs on most of Africa. It seems we use nice words to chase other agendas. If we truly want to fight for humanitarian reason, then we should start with our neighbors. The cartels leave behind mass graves too, AND they bring their crap over here.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
a reply to: neo96

It'd be about time. We always claim humanitarian related reasons for war these days, but we never go where it is the worst. We have done little more than sporadic bombing against ISIS, we won't take on North Korea, we turn our backs on most of Africa. It seems we use nice words to chase other agendas. If we truly want to fight for humanitarian reason, then we should start with our neighbors. The cartels leave behind mass graves too, AND they bring their crap over here.

Telling the United Nations to FO would be a good start! Talk about a PONZI scheme! So bad Bernie Madoff is jealous!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Oh look, a president WILLING to take care of a problem. The audacity!

a problem
other peoples problems...

isn't that the norm for presidents as of late? Isn't that the thing people are now sick of...we will fix your problems...

I would like a POTUS willing to stop taking care of other peoples problems for awhile tbh. The wall seems like a good idea, and perhaps a easier immigration policy towards the good hombres. Thats all that needs to happen (although the wall is just for show..mexican cartels use tunnels and motorbikes to smuggle things and people in..only peasants run across the desert.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
IS.a reply to: gription

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The regular folks would welcome us for Security.

With flowers?

...this sounds familiar.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join