It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Trump Pastor: Chicago Gang Leaders Want to Work With POTUS on Crime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Chicago has been under Democrat rule for 85 years, it seems like people are finally wising up and reaching out to new management.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Trump may need an interpreter.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe gang members are reaching out.
Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I guess that talk about sending the feds in put the fear of god into those thugs, they know that their 'business" enterprises would be severely disrupted if the feds come to town.
I don`t believe that they are ready to walk the straight and narrow they just want to keep the feds out so pretending that they want to work with trump will achieve that aim.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

If Trump pulls in black America and seals our borders, democrats will never win another election.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm confident Trump has people checking behind the scenes for moles planted as "friends".

Trojan Horses are real.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

How exactly are gang members going to work with Trump? They're pretty much at opposite ends of the spectrum. It's not like Trump would give them actual ownership over parts of the city.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

This all sounds very fishy. At best it's BS but at worst it's a trap.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Did you even read it? They are reaching out to Trump. Not the other way around

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: liveandlearn

They see an opportunity to claim turf.... Lay low help the government snag some rivals to look good. Take their turf when the heat is off.

They aren't stupid.

Well we agree they aren't stupid. They see hope in Trump. Did they ever contact Obama. That is where the 'hope' was supposed to be.

They will have to be the ones to bring down the violence before anyone goes in. Gives them a mission. Don't be so cynical.
Have a little 'hope'.

edit to add. This may be their only or last chance. Would be a shame to give up on them.
edit on 1-2-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I think a lot of people or skeptical and I am seeing how they can be. We have had nothing but lip service from politicians for the decades now. But so far Trump has delivered on everything he said he would do. I see no reason to doubt him on this. He said he is willing to work with the Intercity communities to help make them better places to live but the violence has to stop. I take him at his word on it. Perhaps these guys do too

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I find it hard to believe gang members are reaching out.
Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Why?

It may be hard to believe but they're human beings too. Circumstances in life as much as bad choices got them where they are, they have families, brothers, sisters wives and are trying to survive an extremely dangerous life. Tired of living in fear for themselves, their families and their brothers all trapped in a seemingly never ending cycle of violence and death, tired of their young brothers being killed daily, all while the rest of the world goes on oblivious to their real struggle in urban environments that offer them few options, little opportunity and often no escape.

It will take cooperation with real leadership working to break the cycle of violence and restore order while not just promising real opportunity, but delivering it.

Democrats have done more to ignore, dismiss and even cover up their world than to try to help. At least Trump has recognized the problem and pledged to do what he can, so far a man of his word. They're wise to reach out to him.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You know I worked for a bit in an area that had a fairly large number of coastal gang bangers riding out their warrant in the fly over states.

when ever we had trouble with a young guy we would let one of the older guys know and they would light into the kid, many of them do not want their kids following their foot steps.

How many lost young kids... nieces nephews etc... they could see a chance to actually get help to get their families out of purgatory.

I have no doubt some are absolutely doing it out of self interest, but suddenly losing a cherished family member could make you second guess some things.

Or I could be in a silly positive mood for once..

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ya well let them put up first.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That's why it sounds like BS. What sort of motivation do they have to reach out to Trump? What are they expecting him to do? What are they offering to do?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

First, I don't believe we are going to be arming anyone. They are the ones wanting change and asking for help.

Much different than how we went in, caused a problem, then armed people.

Think they are smart enough to know they may have to give up something to effect a change.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

A better way of life for their children? That is a huge motivator you know

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm not a gang expert, but from what I know from people I know who know them (if that makes sense)...
I am going to make a guess regarding what happened here:

I think that the gang leaders that want to work with Trump are the "American" gangs.
I think that they want Trump to clean out the gangs that are mostly illegals immigrants.

This would not only reduce violence, but it would give the American gangs the monopoly over the organized crime.
They are probably in turf wars with Mexican gangs.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I certainly hope you're right, only they can end the violence in their lives.
Unfortunately history show only a record of bad choices.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join