It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witchcraft not wicca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone could give meit the name of some, decent books on witchcraft, it seems that bought the witches bible but its just wicca it seemsis that real witchcraft has gone into the shadows and all only the waterd down wiccan is being practiceddone, any help would be apriciated

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angrymob
I was wondering if anyone could give meit the name of some, decent books on witchcraft, it seems that bought the witches bible but its just wicca it seemsis that real witchcraft has gone into the shadows and all only the waterd down wiccan is being practiceddone, any help would be apriciated

Just send an email to John Podesta......he'll hook you up.....

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wicca's are an interesting bunch. My wife and I had some Wicca's who lived above us when I was stationed in MI. They were a trip.

It seems to me much of the modern Wicca teachings are designed to bridge the gap between "witchcraft" and modern acceptable mainstream society. So, what I think you're seeing is a spit polish put on witchcraft, and a rounding of the edges, to make it more acceptable from a PC standpoint.

I'm totally anti-PC, so I don't care what anyone believes in. Frankly, I like to understand it. But that's my take.

Bottom line; I think you can find anything you want to find out about witchcraft in Wiccan lore, because there will always be references back to older practices and rituals which (witch) are rooted in witchcraft.

Note (funny side note): this guy I referred to must have been a high priest (or whatever). He and his family would use these crystals they had to redirect the sunlight onto me when I was fishing in the lake outside our door. I could be like 300 yards offshore and they'd be doing it (right in my eyes every time). One night I got a 2m candle power spotlight and played the same game right back at 'em!! They never did it again!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Yeah, that nasty old lady with the goat head who likes semen and blood.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: angrymob

Scott Cunningham has some good books out on the subject of witchcraft/magic of herbs type stuff.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The Egyptian book of the Dead works for me

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

nice one mate I will check him out

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Well you may have to dig a bit, as all Wiccans are witches, but not all witches are wiccans, and many of the books out there are works of fiction, aimed at getting you to spend your money

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Check out the books by Dennis Wheatley.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That being said - there's only one witchcraft.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Do you think you can change things that are far away?

That is witchcraft.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

No there are many. Not all paths lead to the same place.

top topics

join