It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump makes unannounced trip to honor fallen Navy SEAL

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
...except to the camera crews that were there.....

and there will be more ops to follow...

a reply to: GuidedKill

edit on 3-2-2017 by frayed1 because: spellingerrs

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: frayed1

My condolences to the family of the fallen soldier.

"But everything that could have gone wrong" [on the Yemen mission against AQ] did go wrong." " They were screwed from the start," said a former Navy Seal Team 6 soldier.

The night mission was tipped-off to AQ "by the sound of drones that were flying lower than usual." The number of combatants was increased with "AQ's women joining in the fray."

The U.S. Defense Department seems to be still a bit quiet-lipped about this mission --- Since they had to call in helicopter gunships and fighter aircraft that destroyed the whole village [and the disabled $75 million dollar V-22 Osprey] with significant civilian casualties.

About the worst type of performance for the planning of this mission...was committed by President Trump, when they discussed an gave the OK for the mission while eating dinner and not in the White House Situation Room; where most military missions are planned and approved of.

quotes: The New York Times 2/2/2017 and CBS News

edit on 3-2-2017 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 3-2-2017 by Erno86 because: added a quote

edit on 3-2-2017 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 3-2-2017 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 3-2-2017 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 3-2-2017 by Erno86 because: added a quote

edit on 3-2-2017 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
a reply to: frayed1

edit on 3-2-2017 by Erno86 because: double post

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill
I'm not a Trump fan and most here know it. But dammit, I have to say this:
Huge respect for you, Mr President. Especially as you set a condition that the journos must not report about your visit in advance.

He wanted that meeting to be between him as CIC and the family of the fallen soldier. For them and to honor the SEAL who was lost. That's the way it should be.

It also says to me that he takes his position as CIC very seriously. He understands that his orders and decisions affect real people and their families. That is very reassuring. And I mean that sincerely.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I agree, JustMike. President Trump's love of this country and the men/women in uniform, is totally opposite from how today's protesters and rioters feel. They should move to another country.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well his order did get the guy killed. The least he can do is show face.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join