It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump makes unannounced trip to honor fallen Navy SEAL

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is making an unannounced trip to honor the returning remains of a U.S. Navy SEAL killed during a weekend raid on an Al Qaeda base in Yemen.

The trip was not on Trump's public schedule. A small group of journalists traveled with Trump on the condition that the visit was not reported in advance.

FOXNEWS

Class act Mr. President!!! Didn't even want it reported in MSM. Just wanted to acknowledge the seal and his families sacrifices.....

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Feb 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Interesting contrast compared to the last Clinton unannounced trip that was on a tarmac with the Attorney General ,during the Hillary ongoing criminal investigation days before being dismissed.

I hope Trump actually realise these are real men with Family that we send out to war. Enough so to not risk their life for some corporation bottom line unlike the previous ones we have had.

edit on 14228America/ChicagoWed, 01 Feb 2017 16:14:33 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

it is a real relief to have a commander-in-chief that really supports Americans and most of all the American service men and women.
unfortunate he lost his life, obviously i can't appreciate the sacrifice enough, much love brother

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It is refreshing when the President shows up to support the people defending our country from evil instead of say some presidents past.....I will mention no names...don't want to stir the safe place defenders....

We cannot give or say enough about this brave man and his family nor the brave men and women who sacrificed before them....God Bless and God Speed!!

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Trump makes unannounced trips like this while Obama only ever made unannounced golf trips.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Interesting contrast compared to the last Clinton unannounced trip that was on a tarmac with the Attorney General ,during the Hillary ongoing criminal investigation days before being dismissed.

I hope Trump actually realise these are real men with Family that we send out to war. Enough so to not risk their life for some corporation bottom line unlike the previous ones we have had.

No, he's fighting Terrorists, not some freedom fighter trying to protect his homeland from the Glaobalists.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I was just reading about this.

Sad.

Too many sacrifices.

For little or no gain.

It's good Trump went, but we need an end game.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Well said...........very well said.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Good.
A president should have to look the family of fallen soldiers in the eye from time to time.

That has to give his some perspective.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Great move...

As a Texan it will always irk me to no end that Obama couldn't get his lazy ass down to Killeen to fort hood after Dr. Nadal Hassan went on a terrorist shooting rampage…

Well, it was "workplace violence" as The Obama administration would label it…

It's so nice to have a president [once again] who understands the sensibilities of the American people and our need to love to honor the fallen heroes who make our freedom possible....

Obama saw the military as SoS Kerry undoubtedly(google it)...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I actually totally agree.... Not enough people who are responsible for sending our men and woman to battle see the actual cost day in and day out.

This goes across all party lines!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

What would really make the trip grand is taking the like of John McCain and Lindsey Graham along with him!

They don't have a problem supporting the war machine yet I never see either one of them actually honoring those who died because they chose money over their country?

But then again, what would be the point? They would just shed fake tears like Cucky Schumer and people would buy it....

edit on 1-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
look the family of fallen soldiers in the eye from time to time.

It's a life altering experience.

Wives, children, parents, brothers & sisters. The sensation/understanding of loss can be staggering.

Geez ... the people he was working with might be as close to brothers as you can possibly get. I hope he takes the time to listen while he's there.

edit on 122017 by Snarl because: misfire

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Donald J Trump will be the best president America has ever had.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Let's not get carried away.
I'll settle for a good president.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I had just read this and hoped someone would bring this to the ATS table!
Mr. President Trump is a class act..

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: carewemust

Let's not get carried away.
I'll settle for a good president.

It's what the Don has promised.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is making an unannounced trip to honor the returning remains of a U.S. Navy SEAL killed during a weekend raid on an Al Qaeda base in Yemen.

Al-CIAeda base?

Thats what theyre calling a home in which the Seals entered and then proceeded to kill everyone inside?

Including men, women and children.

First raid under Trump results in 30 civilians killed, including 10 women and children.

"The operation began at dawn when a drone bombed the home of Abdulraoof al-Dhahab and then helicopters flew up and unloaded paratroopers at his house and killed everyone inside,"...

Not the least of which was this 8 year old American girl.

For shame. Absolutely shameful.

edit on 1-2-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

also, 30 to 1; civies vs uniformed

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Ummm...Well played Mr president...

Lets make every effort to keep it to just this one fallen soldier...

I think there have been way too many moments of silence...so many in fact that the quiet roars...

That roar the compilation of voices we can no longer hear...of Fathers and Mothers...of Brothers and Sisters who took that final walk...and who leave us behind with the inconsolable truth that we sent them and allowed them to be sent...for no damned good reason...

Perhaps if we could all just take a moment to see ourselves reflected in the eyes of those who bear this ultimate burden...those left behind like a step from one slice of time into the next long moment...

I'm sorry that I wax thus...it just strikes a chord...a chord whose tone should never have been rung...let no more bells toll for fallen friends whose time unjustly came...

They walked on ahead...we sorrowful fell behind...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join