It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats digging their own grave and boosting Trump at the same time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: Rezlooper

Rez, that oped is pretty bad. I will even refrain from my critique of his assertions, and simply point out a contradiction in his first two statements:

Let’s agree that President Trump’s travel ban on visitors from seven nations was a sensible idea hobbled by flaws, especially regarding green card holders and dual citizens. Let’s also agree we haven’t seen a rollout this clumsy since the debut of ObamaCare, which was far more serious because it penalized millions of Americans while Trump’s order inconvenienced hundreds of foreign nationals

Foreign national: a person who is not a naturalized citizen of the country in which they are living.

A dual citizen IS NOT A FOREIGN NATIONAL, unless their dual citizenship doesn't include U.S. citizenship - at which point there's not even a reason to bring it up. Implicitly in his first statement, dual citizens were 'inconvenienced.' Explicitly in his second statement, he claims it was only foreign nationals who were 'inconvenienced.'

This guy seems to be confusing the two, purposefully or otherwise. Why trust him at his word on anything further?

Lol, it's an opinion piece. He states his opinion on why the democratic party is destroying itself. No facts are necessary, despite the fact what he writes is factual!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Opposition party owe hell thats the understatement of the year. If by chance America could go back say 40 years this "opposition" would make Stalin sound like a lamb. These people writing about these liberal democrats need to be honest there not left, their not losing their mind,no their borderline totalitarianism. I have never heard nor seen anything like this in this country until the Democrats lost it since the election. The only difference is Democrats trade their tyranny for tear drops.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The leftists squashed their minions because their minions leader like Bernie betrayed them. You need a uncompromising leader like Ron Paul who helped build the momentum that lead to Trump. The leftists just ate themselves from ever having the momentum because they have no leader they can trust.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: GreyScale

Normal people voted more for Clinton then Trump so stop with the populist BS.

Just so you know I am a middle of the road person that would have voted for McCain in 2008 until the Palin BS happened. I saw what the GOP was becoming and on that day stopped supporting them. Them embracing the Tea Party killed the party in my eyes. The hatred and fear that boiled over into alt-fact is disturbing.

33% of what you consider "normal people" voted for Clinton. Probably less... we'll see once the report comes out on voter fraud. So 66% of Americans that could vote didn't vote for her. By the way, read up on what "populist" actually means and how it applies to the Democrats. Because then you won't look stupid using the word out of context.

Actually, you won't bother because you drive-by post so here you go...

The People's Party, also known as the Populist Party or the Populists, was an agrarian-populist political party in the United States. For a few years, 1892–96, it played a major role as a left-wing force in American politics. It was merged into the Democratic Party in 1896; a small independent remnant survived until 1908. It drew support from angry farmers in the West and South and operated on the left-wing of American politics. It was highly critical of capitalism, especially banks and railroads, and allied itself with the labor movement.

For the record I'm without a political party because I'm social liberal, fiscal conservative. McCain is a Progressive, so of course you were attracted. The Tea Party ( Taxed Enough Already is the acronym, because you didn't appear to know) is the start of reforming the Republican party into what it once was.

As far as hatred and fear, that is again a Progressive tool. Scare your constituents and then offer a solution. The emotional ones will be attracted and keep the movement going. Progressives are a part of both parties. They've ruled the Democratic party, however, since Wilson.

Finally, I was posting an opinion. For what it's worth...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Maybe the obstructionism comes from the last 8 years of Republican obstructionism.

That and Trump is a turd.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join